Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PAX Demonstration

Deus Ex: Human Revolution PAX Demonstration

Deus Ex: Human Revolution PAX Demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LdEvgns8B4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7USABbiRAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22XdZbIq5Mg

Basically, imagine the E3 gameplay leak except on a HUGE screen with no head in the way.

Alternate demonstration on a smaller screen and from a different angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Natn_1fhavI

. I've got to let the whole thing load, because it won't skip to min 16. Irritating.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    . I've got to let the whole thing load, because it won't skip to min 16. Irritating.
    Sorry to hear that, the GameSpot video player can be quite glitchy.

Have you tried to download the video and play it from your computer?

Originally Posted by Dr Bob
    Sorry to hear that, the GameSpot video player can be quite glitchy.

Have you tried to download the video and play it from your computer?
    Nah, give it a minute or two and the thing is done.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

I'm going for the HD version. It's going to take a while to load.
    signature image

Either my gamma settings are off, or the vid is really *** dark.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    Either my gamma settings are off, or the vid is really *** dark.
    It was dark for me when he was stealthing at the start of the second segment.

The social bit was interesting to see. Not too happy with the menu they have. Hopefully the PC version will get something that will be actually usable. Getting to read the entire line was pretty nice. Don't know if it is the video or what, but the expressions on the NPC faces were all but non-existent. Voice acting for some NPC's seems to be horrendous. Just like in DX. As expected the English voice actors fail to pronounce Dutch names correctly. Peeking around corners give you a load of screen to see. Stealth will be easy that way.

Wish I could comment on the second part, but it was so dark that I couldn't even see Adam. Felt like watching a demo made with Doom's patented "Can't See " technology. The only things that I could see was directly after the Claymore Moment. The guards apparently drop their assault rifles after being shot and the rifles glow. I guess looting enemies is out.

OMFG

One of those buildings in Hengsha has VERSALIFE written on it huge letters.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....
    signature image

Ooh, the humanity!! Poor Mary. Held up like a trooper tough.

Apart from the familiar gripes, looking at the footage makes me feel like standing in front of a big layered chocolate cake, holding a fork.

Mary's a sexy lady!

Originally Posted by Ilves
    Apart from the familiar gripes, looking at the footage makes me feel like standing in front of a big layered chocolate cake, holding a fork.
    ^... This! And This again!
    signature image

For those with a problem jumping to the 16.06 part:
    press the five bars at the bottom right (where it will say your streaming bitrate), and choose "Dynamic Streaming". (Edit: also works with "Static Streaming")
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

I was kinda hoping in the future firearms would have these things called "safety catches" or "double action" cocking mechanisms...

well I guess we can now confirm that Dx has developed the GoW syndrome
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

I find it kind of interesting that this video (while not having a head in the middle of it) is so dark, that some things are almost more difficult to see than in the leaked footage.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

7529 and 0415? Very sly, EM...

This demonstration does not, in anyway, fill me with confidence.
    Altough i do admit it could have been worse (still hate the takedowns and 3rd person stealth though).

Where does AJ keep all those weapons though? JC atleast had a big baggy coat to hide stuff under.

EDIT-
    Barret and the cutscene were utterly horrible though (dammit Adam, never, ever turn slowly, duck, jump slightly to the front and left/right roll and come up with your weapon drawn, less likely to get you hit in the face).

I liked the dark, under-gamma-corrected look. Looks more like proper night time.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Nyysjan
    Where does AJ keep all those weapons though? JC atleast had a big baggy coat to hide stuff under.
    Honestly, I'm not that thrilled about some stuff either, but that's just fishing for complaints, JC's coat didn't have enough room to hide half that stuff either, nevermind that it seemed weightless while under the coat. If it didn't bother you then, it shouldn't really bother you now.

What I WOULD like to complain however is that we've yet to see that so-called grid inventory they boasted about. I'd also like to see the menus, especially the hacking one of the PC version.

Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    I liked the dark, under-gamma-corrected look. Looks more like proper night time.
    Agree here, however if they were going for visual impact, they could've made the area with the neons to be a lot brighter than it was. It'd have made the city feel a bit more dynamic other than looking like it had one static light-type all over.

Wohooo...thx Dr. Bob for sharing! Currently buffering (seems to take ages), but can't wait to see it in HD with no head in the way. Hopefully it will live up to my expectations, surely I'm gonna analyse every second of it!

Also nice to here, that EM puts in some hints like the VersaLife logo....arghs...gogo Internet!

All right... After seeing it all now, I have to say that I'm disappointed that we got to see the exact same series of events again. No change whatsoever, apart from the game crash (poor Mary). Would it kill them to take a slightly different route to the "A Bomb!" cut scene? Did we have to see the exact same takedowns?

I mean, I understand they don't want to give away the dialogue options that will get you to see Tong directly, for instance, but couldn't they at least have shown us something different?

^... I agree. And remember, it was even a different Demoer this time; our new CM Kyle. It's clear they must have walked him through exactly what to do, step by step. When to use non-lethal takedowns, when to turn on invisibility, which weapon to use, and when.

I'm guessing the demo is so unfinished right now it will break completely if they stray outside of this super narrow path. Which is understandable. The content is all there now, but the thing is clearly buggy as all hell and crashes sometimes even when they stay on path.
    signature image

The first part of this vid about FF - fursuits? This is why I loathe anime/manga. Yep, pretty much.

We'll have to manage energy and ammo? This game sounds too hard.

I saw Steven Seagull @ 22:38

Hmm. Just thought of this: The "Hive's" design theme may also relate to organic molecules: carbon rings - bio-engineering, and the like.
    Qu'est-ce que

Originally Posted by TrickyVein
    The first part of this vid about FF - fursuits? This is why I loathe anime/manga. Yep, pretty much.
    Not all animé/manga has people in fursuits.

But yes, the ones that do I generally avoid.

I'd be careful, Eidos. Ridley Scott might just sue your arse if you're not careful...

Also, I'm glad it's Canadian-made, and not a US-made game. You've got people speaking Chinese (even though I'm part Chinese myself, can't speak a word of it, so can't tell if it's Cantonese or Mandarin - I'm guessing Canto,) because, well, they're in China. Fancy that. As opposed to the "have them speak English, but with a stereotypical accent," which is de rigeur for US-made games (and movies, and TV shows.) Hitman got the languages right as well, and it's effect on putting your where your character was was brilliant.

Also, the fact that the alternate entrance wasn't located within six inches of the door to the Hive means that they've definitely realised level size in IW was a problem.

Why isn't the VIP bartender's arm grubby, pink Russian plastic?

And what's with the crash? Were they playing it on Xbox?

I'm personally not liking Adam's voice actor. Got less range than a fart-powered spud gun. I'm reminded of that Penny-Arcade comic about Prince of Persia: "I smolder with generic rage." Franke did dark with JC, but also managed a whole gamut of emotions - sarcastic, worried, cautious, confident...also, this year, I learned that Franke actually WAS an actor before working for Ion Storm.

I'd like to say something about HR being subtle but...can't think of anything. What happened to quiet, professional realism as opposed to reruns of Power Rangers?

Cannot help but notice most of the footage didn't actually consist of gameplay.

[i]Jensen, to man WORKING behind bar: "You work here?"
    Man behind bar, while WORKING : "Yeah," a pause, then, managing to be both cryptic and redundant at the same time, "You could say that.

The dialogue needs work. You don't have to limit yourself to just three types of character - hard-boiled, gritty, and gritty and hard-boiled!

The dialogue "summaries" didn't work well in Alpha Protocol. Since you're meant to be the character, you should know exactly what you're going to say next. In AP, you'd pick an "approach" in conversation, and hope for the best. Often, I found myself stuck with Thorton (or is it Thornton? The damn PC's name wasn't consistent, even within the game itself!) saying something I never, ever would've picked. Essentially, you just rolled the dice as to what the character said. I know people hate to read, but there's always Halo for those kids.

Bullet point randomness.

* Having an ability to turn of that third person junk (I've nothing against third person - it's not better or worse than first, it's just what EM's doing with it,) will eliminate about 60% of my gripes with the game as it stands. If it means giving up some of the "cinematic" augs, then, woohoo! Bonus! Third-person ladder climbing shat me even back in the good ol' days of Project IGI.

* I hope the cover system isn't automatic - ie, get close enough to a piece of cover, and, THUNK! Jensen magically sticks to to it with no input from the player whatsoever. I hope there's a way to ignore it completely.

* I hope the controls are expanded for PC. We've got a hundred keys to choose from, why not let us use 'em. None of that context-sensitive, tap-or-hold crap.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last