Thread: DX:HR OFFICIAL Images/Wallpaper Gallery & Fan Art Thread

DX:HR OFFICIAL Images/Wallpaper Gallery & Fan Art Thread

Heres mine

Deus Ex arts? Aargh, I wish I knew where my tablet stylus was...
    *scribbles on paper*
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

Here's a repost of an image I made of my interpretation of a possible more immersive method of DX lock-picking:

That looks really good, rhalibus. Great stuff!

Man, after looking at some of these, I feel bad posting something this mealy. Maybe I'll take some time and work on a decent submission later.

But for now...

signature image

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    Man, after looking at some of these, I feel bad posting something this mealy. Maybe I'll take some time and work on a decent submission later.
    You're kidding, right? That's awesome!

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    You're kidding, right? That's awesome!
    I got really lazy about half way through and pretty much scribbled the rest.

At first I was trying to give the solider a Deus Ex-style Assault Rifle, but I just didn't have the skill to draw it at that damn angle you see the big-ass pistol at. So I went for some generic Desert Eagle type thing.

I did however make sure to give Denton a proper Deus Ex Stealth Pistol, so I'm not entirely unhappy with it.

Thanks for the compliment anyway.
    signature image

I like your idea, KSingh. Maybe a bit unpractical, since IRL there are tools that can do the job quicker and in the future there probably will be different (electronic) types of locks.

Excellent drawing, Pinky Powers. Are you just very skilled or are you doing this professionally?

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Excellent drawing, Pinky Powers. Are you just very skilled or are you doing this professionally?
    Naw, I just do it cause it's fun. The last few years I haven't drawn much of anything, really. But in my youth I couldn't be stopped.
    signature image

@ Pinky JC is very stylish, you made it with a dark looking
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

But for now...

Oh my, that is amazing.
    Pleeeease draw more =D
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

It's so cool how the Deus Ex fan community has so many talented artists.
    Lol I can't draw for my life.

I got really lazy about half way through and pretty much scribbled the rest.

At first I was trying to give the solider a Deus Ex-style Assault Rifle, but I just didn't have the skill to draw it at that damn angle you see the big-ass pistol at. So I went for some generic Desert Eagle type thing.

I did however make sure to give Denton a proper Deus Ex Stealth Pistol, so I'm not entirely unhappy with it.

Thanks for the compliment anyway.
    It's a good drawing. The only issue I have is that that had better be a low muzzle velocity round that breaks up inside the skull, otherwise JC is gonna blow a hole in his own hand if he fires right now.
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

Originally Posted by MaxxQ1
    It's a good drawing. The only issue I have is that that had better be a low muzzle velocity round that breaks up inside the skull, otherwise JC is gonna blow a hole in his own hand if he fires right now.
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    signature image

Ok, here's something I can be a little more proud of.

And yes, I say a knife could take down one of 'em MJ12 heavies.

signature image

Ok, here's something I can be a little more proud of.

And yes, I say a knife could take down one of 'em MJ12 heavies.

[image]
    Just ... Awsome! Is that made on paper or on a digital canvas?

Just regular old sketchpad paper.

I have a real problem drawing with my Wacam, so I use that for colors only, or when I need to Digital Ink my work before coloring.

But I always do so much better with pencil or real inks.
    signature image

Note: I DID NOT MAKE THESE. I am simply posting them because I think they're AWESOME.

And now for something completely different.

I have a real problem drawing with my Wacam, so I use that for colors only, or when I need to Digital Ink my work before coloring.

I believe most do act like such, most of the great artists use the Wacom and other digital pens due to the fact that there is no waste, it's all digital; that and like you said to colour the stuff.

The old wood still offers a much better solution both in the actual feelling of the draw or even the materials used in it, draw and colour (although with more work).

So, when can we expect a coloured piece?

Originally Posted by Cmd_lupin
    So, when can we expect a coloured piece?
    I don't think I have the endurance for something like that. It would take heavy motivation to bring me into that kind of frenzy.
    signature image

Just regular old sketchpad paper.

Well, THAT inspires confidence in me.

I just got a secondhand Wacom (an Intuos2) for free and I'm a bit hesitant to start using it, for a few reasons:

1 - Never used one, nor anything similar, and except for using Blender to do some 3D modeling (after several years, I'm still not all that good at it), I've never done any art on a computer. No, none of my 3D stuff is textured beyond using basic materials (just changing the color of the polys).

2 - I haven't done any actual drawing (pen or pencil on paper) in about 18-19 years. Pretty bad for a guy who had a partial scholarship to the Columbus College of Art and Design back in 1982-1983. Never graduated because I couldn't afford the tuition that the scholarship *didn't* cover, and didn't qualify for loans or grants. On top of that, I realized I didn't want to do art for a living.

3 - I still don't know how to use Paint Shop Pro 7, which I've had for several years, for anything but photo cropping and resizing. I'm learning though. Bought The Complete Idiot's Guide to PSP7 from Amazon for $8, and I've looked through it, and I have a basic grasp of how to do things, but I haven't actually put stylus to pad yet.

4 - Even back when I *did* draw (and paint, in oils, acrylics, and airbrushing), I was more of a hardware artist (ships, aircraft, spacecraft, cars... that sort of thing). I could draw people as long as I had a photo, but off the top of my head? No.

Now, at 45, I have to wonder if this old dog can learn new tricks...
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

Well, THAT inspires confidence in me.

I just got a secondhand Wacom (an Intuos2) for free and I'm a bit hesitant to start using it, for a few reasons:

1 - Never used one, nor anything similar, and except for using Blender to do some 3D modeling (after several years, I'm still not all that good at it), I've never done any art on a computer. No, none of my 3D stuff is textured beyond using basic materials (just changing the color of the polys).

2 - I haven't done any actual drawing (pen or pencil on paper) in about 18-19 years. Pretty bad for a guy who had a partial scholarship to the Columbus College of Art and Design back in 1982-1983. Never graduated because I couldn't afford the tuition that the scholarship *didn't* cover, and didn't qualify for loans or grants. On top of that, I realized I didn't want to do art for a living.

3 - I still don't know how to use Paint Shop Pro 7, which I've had for several years, for anything but photo cropping and resizing. I'm learning though. Bought The Complete Idiot's Guide to PSP7 from Amazon for $8, and I've looked through it, and I have a basic grasp of how to do things, but I haven't actually put stylus to pad yet.

4 - Even back when I *did* draw (and paint, in oils, acrylics, and airbrushing), I was more of a hardware artist (ships, aircraft, spacecraft, cars... that sort of thing). I could draw people as long as I had a photo, but off the top of my head? No.

Now, at 45, I have to wonder if this old dog can learn new tricks...
    Well, the few things I know about the art is that it's like ridding a bike, you never forget.
    If you got the Wacom, why not start using it? Start by doing some very rough sketches, if it draws you in, just improve with it, otherwise leave it for some rainy days.

As to your drawing style, maybe you could draw a mech, instead of JC and/or other homo sapiens?

My god, I haven't used Paint Shop Pro since version 3.0. Once I got my hands on Photoshop there was no going back.

Look, drawing with the tablet is not impossible, it's just not as easy if you've got a hundred and fifty years of traditional sketching under your belt.

I have one sketch I did solely with my own Intuos 2 that I really rather like, and it's this. Gen13's Freefall.
    signature image

Well, the few things I know about the art is that it's like ridding a bike, you never forget.
    If you got the Wacom, why not start using it? Start by doing some very rough sketches, if it draws you in, just improve with it, otherwise leave it for some rainy days.
    Fist off, real life gets a bit in the way. I have a job, kids that I have to drive 30 miles to see, and other things.

Secondly, I'm apathetic, not just towards drawing, but towards life in general.

Third, and this is a bit embarrassing, I'm a bit scared. More nervous than actually scared, but I'm just afraid I'll find out that I just can't do it anymore, despite the riding a bike thing. Oh, I'll give it a try sometime in the next couple weeks, and I may even end up liking it (I hope so), but like Pinky, I need some powerful motivation to do anything like that.

As to your drawing style, maybe you could draw a mech, instead of JC and/or other homo sapiens?
    Yeah, that's a thought, but an artist still needs to know something of anatomy and proportion to make something like a mech believable (even those used in the MechWarrior games). I haven't dealt with anatomy and proportion since 1983 for one of my classes, and even then, I was averaging a C or lower.

I know, I'm coming across as just making excuses, and yeah, I am. Sue me...

I know, I'm coming across as just making excuses, and yeah, I am. Sue me...
    Hey, How am I to judge, right? Those are completely reasonable excuses.
    Just remember, if you end up doing something related to DX, share it with the community.

Page 3 of 102 First First 12345671353 ... Last