Thread: Undercover Cop Tips & Tricks

Undercover Cop Tips & Tricks

Undercover Cop Tips & Tricks

Undercover Cop has to be one of my favorite multiplayer modes...ever. It really puts the new twist on the Fragile Alliance, and I love it.

Can you smell the paranoia?

But recently I realized that I didn't really like it until I started to get better at it. Still, I'm not here to brag but I find myself good enough to enjoy the game as both the Undercover Cop, and the robber. Besides I got the Law Enforcer and Rat Killer trophies in a legit game, so I'm not trying to be cocky...I guess I just figured the way to play it.

The key to understanding the Undercover Cop is to realize that there is no room for errors since one little mistake can screw you over. I've been playing it the most, so I think I got a hang of few tips and tricks that might work for you and make the Undercover Cop experience more enjoyable. After all, I would love to see more players in the lobbies.

Keep in mind that this not exactly a guide or tutorial and might not work for everyone. This will just be what I think works very well, and you could perhaps try it. Some of theses tips might also apply for Cops & Robbers and/or Fragile Alliance. And of course you have to understand that there is no right way of playing Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days online because there are no rules, and I think that's what makes the game stand out so much. It is so different.

Playing as a Robber Tips:
    -Grow the Eyes in the Back of Your Head, and by that I mean observe everyone, but don't make a move until you're sure...100% because last thing you want is become a traitor and have one of your team-mates, or maybe even the Undercover Cop kill you. You're just making it easier for the Undercover Cop.
    -Progress at moderate speed. In other words, don't rush but don't stay too far behind. You don't want to be ahead of action but staying out of the action is not good because the Undercover Cop might take out your team-mates, leaving you behind on the map with Undercover Cop and only a minute left on clock. It's sure doable, but why make things harder for yourself?
    -Be a part of a Wolfpack. Try to travel in a group. Pairs are not a great idea because what if your team-mate happens to be the Undercover Cop? Chances are the first one to go, and no one is going to miss you.

Playing as Undercover Cop Tips:
    -Build a trust. Pretend like you're part of the group. This one is hard because on occasions you might cause an accident and you could hit a cop but the key is to not look awkward and fishy.
    -Break Up the team. Everyone is going to that way? Try to lure someone to go with you by taking alliterative route. Remember the odds are against you, so break up the team to even it out.
    -Don't blow your chances. Use the fire extinguishers and gas canisters to your advantages. Whenever you see someone carrying one about to throw...there is your chance don't blow it. Better yet when they are in a group of people.
    -Play like a Robber. If you have some kind of style that you always play, don't break it because it might be too noticeable. Adjust it so it fits the Undercover Cop but don't change it drastically.
    -When is the time? There is never a best time to take your duty but you have to find out what is the good time to do it. Remember one criminal escapes, consider it a failure.

Overall Tips:
    -Be best at your worst. Do your best with starting weapons (N 77P & Vamazast) in first round so you can upgrade later...or better yet, master the those two weapons to stay on top.

Tricks:
    -Weapons, find the gun that you find to work best. Everyone is different, personally I enjoy shotguns as my main weapon and a pistol and secondary.
    -Down 'Em. Down your enemies and move around the enemy as it will be harder for your enemy to aim at you.
    -Develop a tactic that works for you best.

Anyone else would like to add? I'll update and give you a credit.

However, the number thing I can say is enjoy the Undercover Cop mode, and if you don't like it, that's alright. It's very different, and not for everyone.

Rolleyes

Just a warning , there is a way that quite a few player uses to instantly 'know' who the undercover cop is , and thereby ruining the whole suspense and paranoia of the game , so either players stop using that particular trick , or developpers remove the trick with a patch ...
    Until then ... well ...

Also , Oh , what do you think is going to happen when all people from the same match uses your tips and tricks ? ...
    I'll love to see that , as everyone just basically plays it slow and safe and all stick together , lol ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

Also , Oh , what do you think is going to happen when all people from the same match uses your tips and tricks ? ...
    I'll love to see that , as everyone just basically plays it slow and safe and all stick together , lol ...
    Then cansiters are doubly effective
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

'Cause it's 1-8-7 on an undacova copppp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutWuza9aDM

Thumbs Up

HAHA ! Marvelous ! ...

Don't Stop ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Did you even read it? I wrote it because I heard many complain how Undercover Cop is too hard and what not.

Don't like it, f' off. Feed your significant others, they are starving in your backyard.

How To Spot The Cop:

When they are not shooting cops or getting shot by cops.
    Start of match move the camera around to face the others players and run forward as normal but look back - alot of time you can tell who the cop is then from their weird behaviour at the start.
    Check the rewards section, cops can only have $0 or $100,000 (traitor kill) but nothing else as they cannot shoot civilians.
    Alot of time he is the guy ignoring the loot (dunno why).
    Also alot of the time he is the guy with the fire extinguisher but not always.

Some obvious tips, rat killer is easy to get, law enforcer slightly harder but just use these tips and keep them in mind when the cop and you will win games and have the achievments no problem.
    "Like you're a ing saint."

Pro Tip: The Nub shooting you while everyone is looting is the Under Cover Cop.

UCC is so much better when everyone has a mic. Then you can really all play mindgames with each other. I love it.

I play the PS3 version and somehow the rewards scoreboard is not showing up when I press select, so I don't have the problem with people cheating like they all did in the demo.

Some points show up above the characters heads, but I'm still not sure if that's actually taking into account the reward points, or if it only shows the amount of loot taken.

True. Well I'm not going to spoil myself by looking at those numbers above the heads, silly.

It's not hard to spot an UCC, at least I usually don't have a problem only sometimes die because other people think I'm the UCC shooting at their team-mate...it's so sad to see them kill me and just get killed by UCC right after. Gotta play smart, you know.