Thread: DLC is out...but wait a minute

DLC is out...but wait a minute

DLC is out...but wait a minute

There are only 2 new downloads for the game not 3 :S

Multiplayer mask pack for 160MS which is just the 8 masks
    or
    Doggie Bag for 800MS which unlocks Dockyard & High Rise & Radio Tower as well as 5 weapons - DD 33, KL Viper, RTS, SMi 69 and the TOQ Model Four S

where is the third or was that just a mistake no one ever cleared up?

EDIT

There is also 9 new achievements added for this game:
    5 kills using canisters in a round on ranked or arcade
    escape on all levels at least once in ranked or arcade
    escape as last player on ur own ranked match
    1000 kills
    in the last round of an FA match climb from last to 1st
    escape with $100,000 or more in every round of a ranked match
    escape in less than 1.5 minutes in arcade or ranked
    150 criminal kills as a cop in cops n robbers
    accumulate $25,000,000 over career in ranked matches

they all have [Doggie Bag] before them and that means on new maps only (i checked)
    also dunno how glitchy these all are!
    good luck!

EDIT

there is no fixes in this dlc patch-wise and on high rise the civilians walk about during gunfire VERY casually on 1st round
    "Like you're a ing saint."

won't touch it until the campaign has been patched.

How much is 160M$ points? I haven't used the Xbox Marketplace in awhile and I can't check in the PSN store until later.

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    How much is 160M$ points? I haven't used the Xbox Marketplace in awhile and I can't check in the PSN store until later.
    masks: $2
    doggie pack: $10
    signature image

Rolleyes

WHAT ?! No "play as Dog" mode ? ...

"Epic Fail" says Destructoid ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    WHAT ?! No "play as Dog" mode ? ...

"Epic Fail" says Destructoid ...
    please, just please dont write anything if you dont have something to say.
    signature image

$10 dollars???? What the fudge muffins.

That my friend is a rip off when you compare it to the Fallout 3 DLCs. Wow, I'm shocked IOI is pulling my leg like this.

Damn.

Rolleyes

Originally Posted by Vulture
    please, just please dont write anything if you dont have something to say.
    I get the impression some of you only sees blank post sometimes ...
    Or are you all just forcing yourselves ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

the third pack is out now with the limited edition weapons for 240MS
    "Like you're a ing saint."

hmmm 10 bucks seems kind of steep for me......overall if you want all 3 its about 14 bucks. im not sure yet, im going to wait it out a little bit. i still need to play more FA.

I have the Limited Edition on the PC which contains Radio Tower, 7 weapons and 8 masks. Will I gain anything by buying this DLC or is it basically just purchasing what I already have? I don't want to waste the money if it is just the stuff that was in the limited edition.

Steam doesnt make this very clear

Originally Posted by BeLGaRaTh
    I have the Limited Edition on the PC which contains Radio Tower, 7 weapons and 8 masks. Will I gain anything by buying this DLC or is it basically just purchasing what I already have? I don't want to waste the money if it is just the stuff that was in the limited edition.

Steam doesnt make this very clear
    I think the only thing you could buy is the Doggie Bag pack, because that's the one that has the other two maps. You already have everything else.

Thanks QuarantineX (y)

Did anyone notice that this content wasn't what most would consider traditional "DLC," rather unlocked existing game content that was obviously cut out of the game (as evidence by having the maps and weapons already listed and locked when the game first came out) solely to be utilized as pay-for "DLC"? I also think the price is a bit high for what you're getting, which is nothing signifcant only a couple maps, costumes (wtf), and a few guns.

I liked the game, but I thought it was lacking, especially in the singleplayer department, I mean they didn't even try to do an ending scene, and I thought for sure (so did others) that at least one of the DLC packs would be free of charge, especially coming only 2 weeks from release. I want to know from fans:

1. How can you justify paying approx. $60 for the game and another $15 for the DLC for the console versions, when the PC version is $50, and the DLC only $10.

2. Do you think this content should even be worthy of paid for DLC entitlement?

I really don't know what to say, if you think as a fan that this is acceptable to shell out another $15 for this mediocre pre-existing content - other than if you buy it, expect to pay more for less for this type of "DLC," in the future.

Im just going to come out and say it: I dont think anyone should be suckered into paying for this "cut out of the game, just to make even more" content, charging for it so close to the release is a slap in the face to the fans of the series and the people that bought the game. The more people that do end up buying this, the more of this type of treatment we will see in the future. DLC can be a great thing if done right, for example look at Fallout 3, Oblivion, GTAIV and Borderlands... now those are games with DLC worthy of anybody's hard earned dollars, and you can tell that the Developers really care about there game, and the players... I cannot say the same about IO's Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (And trust me.. I wish it were'nt so)

Hey, isn't the Doggie Bag only 560 MS points (like 5-6 USD)
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by Kayne&Wench
    Did anyone notice that this content wasn't what most would consider traditional "DLC," rather unlocked existing game content that was obviously cut out of the game (as evidence by having the maps and weapons already listed and locked when the game first came out) solely to be utilized as pay-for "DLC"? I also think the price is a bit high for what you're getting, which is nothing signifcant only a couple maps, costumes (wtf), and a few guns.

I liked the game, but I thought it was lacking, especially in the singleplayer department, I mean they didn't even try to do an ending scene, and I thought for sure (so did others) that at least one of the DLC packs would be free of charge, especially coming only 2 weeks from release. I want to know from fans:

1. How can you justify paying approx. $60 for the game and another $15 for the DLC for the console versions, when the PC version is $50, and the DLC only $10.

I really don't know what to say, if you think as a fan that this is acceptable to shell out another $15 for this mediocre pre-existing content - other than if you buy it, expect to pay more for less for this type of "DLC," in the future.

Im just going to come out and say it: I dont think anyone should be suckered into paying for this "cut out of the game, just to make even more" content, charging for it so close to the release is a slap in the face to the fans of the series and the people that bought the game. The more people that do end up buying this, the more of this type of treatment we will see in the future. DLC can be a great thing if done right, for example look at Fallout 3, Oblivion, GTAIV and Borderlands... now those are games with DLC worthy of anybody's hard earned dollars, and you can tell that the Developers really care about there game, and the players... I cannot say the same about IO's Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (And trust me.. I wish it were'nt so)
    Exactly. If the content is available two weeks after the release of the game, why couldn't it be simply packaged into the retail game?

I'm not going to purchase it because I feel like those maps should have been in the game in first place! I feel like IOI dropped the ball this time.

i bought the dlc maps and guns , still dont have all guns ( i mean pre ordered guns ) ??
    anyone know how to unlock all guns ???

Originally Posted by Kayne&Wench

1.) I'm not paying for DLC.

2.) No.

3.) You're totally right about this. It pisses me off, too. It's like they had a bigger game, but figured they wanted to suck us dry a little more.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

The maps aren't on the disc, unless you can explain me what is that around 100mb download.

How can you justify paying to play online? considering it's also p2p, so you're not paying for the servers for sure. Consoles are a ripoff no matter how you see them.

The dlc is completly unneccessary, and you can enjoy the game without it, and I know I will. Unless you didn't liked it to begin with, then no ammount of dlc will make difference.

Yes, the maps are not on the disc but they could have easily been on it.
    They released them TWO weeks after the game, chances are they were done already months ago.