Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Lets STOP the Boosters

Lets STOP the Boosters

Lets STOP the Boosters

Please post all gamer tags of suspected boosters and the game type. All posts will be looked into seriously. Remember not all players are boosters. If suspected players are found to be cheating (boosting) the proper athorities will be notified and appropreate actions will be taken.
    Stop Host Dropping!

Boosting = cheating? When I think boosting I think people just killing during the match and not collecting money.

What are people boosting for? Achievements?

Yeah, well there will always be the boosters but what's the point? You want points in a game you obliviously don't like? Cause if you did, you would get most by simply playing. I got all online trophies by just playing, sure Cops & Robbers was a grind for me but hey all the other ones were fun or at least were fun to play meanwhile trying for them such as Law Enforcer.

Anyways, you can't never really stop the boosters.

yeah i ended up in some lobby with 4 kids and they were boostin', one of them actually had the nerve to tell me too leave so they can boost... HA

Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    Boosting = cheating? When I think boosting I think people just killing during the match and not collecting money.
    That's frowned upon? Because I just started doing this the other day, but I figured it would be beneficial for the team since I'd clear the way to the escape point.

I thought boosting was when friends would purposely work together/kill each other in order to gain the most money, etc.

Rolleyes

In short , Boosting means people playing the online games the way it was Not suppose to be played like ...

Now , back on topic ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I really can't fanthom why boosting in Dog Days is necessary. I mean I got all the money achievements in about a day-and-a-half of casual Arcade matches, Arcade mode is amazing by the way, good job on it IO. Most of the multiplayer achievements can be gotten in Arcade mode anyway.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

I don't give a about achievements, they are worth nothing, completely pointless. I wish there was an actual use for them like only certain avatar clothing can be brought with only gamerscore points, not Microsoft points.

I'm just trying to achieve scum status but i somehow end up becoming devoted.

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    Most of the multiplayer achievements can be gotten in Arcade mode anyway.
    Well precisely , it's the ones that you can't unlock in Arcade mode that requires boosting ...
    Playing 'legit' will get you around a year or at least a couple of months , which is unacceptable for trophy/achievement whores ...

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I wish there was an actual use for them like only certain avatar clothing can be brought with only gamerscore points,
    This is Exactly what i thought it was when i first heard of the achievements ...
    I then asked my friend who plays the 360 and his eyes just 'glowed' , and almost cried because he knew that achievement points don't give you jack ...

Funny thing about the PS3 trophies is that Sony said it Would have some uses , especially in Playstation Home where you could unlock outfits and even have a cool trophy display to awe your friends ...

Yeah , they said that back in 2008 ...

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I'm just trying to achieve scum status but i somehow end up becoming devoted.
    Well rest assured that you're still Scum in my eyes ...

Oh yes i still remember how you blew up my skyscraper back in march , and spilt hot coffee on mah face in the process ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Funny thing about the PS3 trophies is that Sony said it Would have some uses , especially in Playstation Home where you could unlock outfits and even have a cool trophy display to awe your friends ...

Yeah , they said that back in 2008 ...
    Funny indeed. I downloaded home to see the trophy case...spend about two hours trying to figure out that there is no way of doing anything like that so I just deleted Home from my PS3.

Big Grin

Takes 3GB from the hard drive too , i got better uses with that space for my daily snuff films ...

Originally Posted by Sk3pTiCz
    yeah i ended up in some lobby with 4 kids and they were boostin', one of them actually had the nerve to tell me too leave so they can boost... HA
    Thats funny i'm gettin that all the time. There boostin' money not achievements thats even funnier
    Stop Host Dropping!

not that i support boosters but because the alfa male and undercover cop achievements are glitched because of quitters so its OK to boost..... blame Idios or who ever made this broken game with no host migration..

The trophies are not glitched. I have them.
    I don't see why it's taking them so long to patch the 360 version.

Achievements serve the purpose of allowing everyone who looks at your profile to know you're better at games than they are.

Arrow

Whoa , it's a serious dick measurement competition out there , scary stuff ...

The 'flaw' with both the trophies and achievements system is that at the end of the day , you can have one player who plays nothing but the 'hard' stuff and another who just plays the Ages Three and Up games , they get 100% on the games they play , and you can't tell the difference when you just look on their gamercard , because it all goes down to points , and the one thousand points from that hard ass game is going to worth as much to the one thousand point from that kiddie game ...
    PS3 trophies allows you to look how many gold , silver , platinum and bronze trophy a player has , but still , bad games with easy trophies tend to have lots of gold trophies and it just boost up the player's card level much faster ...
    Of course when you look into the list of games the player has played can make all the difference in the world , but people rarely have the patience to 'look' into the list of games ... so ...

Anywya i believe these achievements and trophies should be obtained just for the pleasure of it ...
    Forcing yourself to grind a online game just to get the achievements is ... not really worth it ... since you get glitch problems such as this ... and might get labelled as a 'cheat' or 'booster' in forums and such ...

And Of Course , one can still wonder just WHY do developpers still make Online related achievements ...

Online achievements & trophies so people will play the multiplayer lol
    Unless the multiplayer is so popular, it "need those"

(Call of Duty, anyone?)

Really People? C'mon, he's talking about Players and their methods to climb the Leaderboards, not achievements..

These are 2 methods Players have used to catch my position on the Leaderboards.

1. Dude has 4 Xboxs and 4 Tvs, gets his Wife and Kids to clear out all the AI on Subway while he takes ALL the Loot. Meets them at the Van, throws 1 down becoming Traitor with $4 Million EVERY Round. $12 Million every 10 minutes. (He gave in and NEVER took my spot)

2. Dude plays as long as his Eyes and Sanity let him then he makes his Brother and Neighbour play while he sleeps, earning 24/7. (This Guy will take my spot any day now)

Players have to understand, Kane & Lynch 1 & 2 is all about the Leaderboard Position to the real Players, the Players from the first Game, etc. The ones that understand know exactly what I talking about.

Cheers..

Rolleyes

I thought about it , but really , boosting for a leaderboard is even more stupid than grinding for achievements , so i prefer to believe people have got more sense in their sanity than ... This ...
    Common , having is wife and kids to help his boosting ? just to see his name on the top ? ...

Can't people just photoshop the leaderboard instead ? would be more fun ...

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    I really can't fanthom why boosting in Dog Days is necessary. I mean I got all the money achievements in about a day-and-a-half of casual Arcade matches, Arcade mode is amazing by the way, good job on it IO. Most of the multiplayer achievements can be gotten in Arcade mode anyway.
    I'm in the same boat, I don't understand why people leave either, you don't lose rank....
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Question

They think the same system from Dead Men works in Dog Days , i suppose ? ...

I guess.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    I thought about it , but really , boosting for a leaderboard is even more stupid than grinding for achievements , so i prefer to believe people have got more sense in their sanity than ... This ...
    Common , having is wife and kids to help his boosting ? just to see his name on the top ? ...

Can't people just photoshop the leaderboard instead ? would be more fun ...
    Yupp.. I gave in because the ONLY competition out there were Boosters. I really hate that.. Due to the fact Boosting wrecked the first Game's Multiplayer in the long run.

Players want that #1 Spot and will do anything for it.

Thumbs Down

This even worse when you realize that Fragile Alliance ain't the type of game that 'needs' a leaderboard ...
    Cops and Robbers ? maybe , but just maybe ...

Arcade mode makes sense , given the title 'arcade' it's all about high scores so it suits the gameplay ...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last