Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Sales Numbers Are Half As Dead Men At Launch Week :(according to vgchartz.com)

Sales Numbers Are Half As Dead Men At Launch Week :(according to vgchartz.com)

Links or it didn't happen.

What why should kane and lynch not get another game? Those sales are pretty alright arent they

Question

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Links or it didn't happen.
    And what if it did happen ? then what ? we go around the world making heists , hide for a few months , then one morning IO receives a donation of forty seven million sterling pounds from a bunch of unhinged fans ? ...

. . .

Why Not ? ...

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    Those sales are pretty alright arent they
    A few years back we would have said "no problem" , but now , Eidos is part of Square Enix , and even though IO's relationship with Eidos is a strong one , Eidos can't make all the decisions by themselves ...
    Without a 'impressive' sale , Square Enix might just drop the hammer ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...topics%3Btitle

SketchySpider

Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm GMT +3
    Play.com have it at £17.99, cheapest I've seen it. Appropriate price IMO.
    ---
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vulture

Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm GMT +3
    Play.com have it at £17.99, cheapest I've seen it. Appropriate price IMO.
    ---[/I]
    Alright, now we gotta call Kevin Costner
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

I don't get the Kevin Costner joke. Enlighten me please.

Lightbulb

Would you prefer dial Uwe Boll instead ? ...

Seriously though , Kevin Costner's mind is still stuck in westerns ever since he made his success with Dance of the Wolves (conspiracy theorist says it's the aliens who tricked the academy voters) , so , if we tell Costner that Kane & Lynch is another 'western' , he'll fork out more money than you'll ever seen in a attempt to win oscars again ...

Uwe Boll would make a fantastic movie on K&L.

Too bad he doesn't even study his material, so no way he would even buy one copy of the game.

Cool

I believe he does 'check' at least a couple of a game's trailer before making a movie out of it , so in this case ...

Whoa , just imagine it ... Uwe Boll becomes a critically aclaimed director by making the Kane & Lynch movie ...

...that would be the end of the world, I believe.

Arrow

Well , if we ain't going to see a Kane & Lynch 3 , i won't have any problems with that ...

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=dog%20days

the second week sale numbers.. lower then the first week. the game has sold 0.22 million units..
    signature image

Considering that k&l1 was released in time for christmas, I'd say square/eidos are pretty happy that k&l2 has sold more than half the copies that k&l1 sold in its first 2 weeks..

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    Considering that k&l1 was released in time for christmas, I'd say square/eidos are pretty happy that k&l2 has sold more than half the copies that k&l1 sold in its first 2 weeks..
    lol..
    dead men was competing with nfs,cod4,ass creed,uncharted at the same time now dog days' only rival is mafia 2. Which time do you think is a better release time? and dont worry people always have money in their pockets, and since the kids who got money at christmas werent buying K&L.. your statement is very,very wrong.
    signature image

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    I don't get the Kevin Costner joke. Enlighten me please.
    What grevious said, and that there were rumors flung around that Mr. Costner bought 50,000 copies of Red Dead Revolver to create interest in westerns again.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by Vulture
    lol..
    dead men was competing with nfs,cod4,ass creed,uncharted at the same time now dog days' only rival is mafia 2. Which time do you think is a better release time? and dont worry people always have money in their pockets, and since the kids who got money at christmas werent buying K&L.. your statement is very,very wrong.
    Games just sell better around christmas and there are probably some parents who are like "durrr my kid likes shooting games so I'ma buy him this one." and christmas is not just about kids getting money or presents. All sorts of people are getting all sorts of things. There might be some guy who is kinda interested in k&l but is not sure he's willing to pay for it, so then his buddy gets him the game for christmas, or maybe he in fact gets money so now he just goes out and buys the game, I think you get my point.

Also i don't think it's a coincidence that mafia 2, a game that was widely anticipated didn't sell very well either having been released around the same time as k&l2...

And aside from that eidos was obviously aware of the critical reception the first game got, so I'd say regardless from kane and lynch 2s release date they werent expecting it to sell as well as the first one did and especially not to sell better..

Wait, so are the PC sales still not included?
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

I think they are, they're just that tiny as usual with pc games.

Above all else, the first game got pretty bad scores so the average gamer doesn't think of K&L2 as a game they should get... I believe that's the biggest factor in play here is that K&L1 was promoted as a game from the creators of hitman. Blood Money and the Hitman Movie were out not too long before K&L1 came out, and they received pretty good scores so everyone jumped on the first game. Obviously that card does not exist in IOI's deck anymore. Not to mention the fact that the second game got mediocre scores from most game sites as well. I really hope they make a third game, hell as long as they make K&L games I'll keep buying and playing and promoting them around. But first and foremost, please keep releasing patches for the multiplayer!

Unhappy

Fourth week ...

PS3
    Dog Days 180,114
    Dead Men 285,004

Dog Days 174,436
    Dead Men 326,464

Well , at least it's worth noting that more copies sold on the PS3 than on the 360 , but asside from that ...

Of course we can always expect for a sudden sale boost by christmas ...

Wow, that is pretty disappointing.

Big Grin

And we would have thought that with all them discounts the game would have sold better ...

But hey , at least it sold better than Mini Ninjas ...

Fourth week
    PS3 50,797
    360 44,557
    Wii 45,631
    DS 43,287

That's less than two hundred thousand copies , while Dog Days' got over three thousand ...

So we've still got more chance seeing another Kane & Lynch than another Mini Ninjas , right ? ...

Mini Ninjas is a really cool game, deserved more than that
    I'm still wishing for a Mini Ninjas 2, with a FarCry2-like open world.

Question

Mini Ninjas was a richer/more content filled game than Dog Days , was it not ? ...

I mean asside from the whole multiplayer aspect of course ...

Yes, you could say that, probably had even more stuff than it needed to, like the whole crafting thing. The only issue it had was a lack of higher difficoulty level, and maybe lack of coop.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last