Thread: Why so backwards

Why so backwards

Why so backwards

I'm coming on here to vent my frustration with K&L 2. I was a rabid fan boy for the first and thought ti was truly amazing. I'd never played a game with characters so raw and brutal. The story up until the end was one of the best i'd ever seen in a game. With it's faults aside I loved it. So needless to say I was beyond pumped for the sequel !!!

So the day finally comes and I'm and . How was it that you guys went so backwards with this title. The premise had promise but it took out all the uniqueness of dead men. you took it from a globe trotting adventure and made it into a generic shooter. You nerfed Lynch's rage and made him stupid. The cops now are walking tanks eating shot gun blast like it's nothing. And took out all of the interesting locals. Shanghi was great but it looked all the same with no variety. And the ending was a kick in the nuts! I can not believe you would end anything like that. Its as if you put that in there as a you to the fans I swear I just want to know where it went wrong.

That sucks. I'm having a really good time with the game.

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    That sucks. I'm having a really good time with the game.
    For what it's worth it's a decent shooter. But it's lost it's uniqueness. The constant fire fights and lack of focus on the story is annoying to me. I loved dead men because it felt like a heist movie. This one felt like the story mode to unreal tournament.

I can understand the swat taking so much damage as they are wearing armour but Asian guys with a top folded up that took like 4-5 hits with a shotgun? That's some crazy !

I actually also hoped that this was kinda a globe trotting adventure, ending sucked eggs and Lynch has no tantrums!

Looking all the same? No variety? Did you play the game blindfolded?
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

I think the Lynch not freaking out is cause his girlfriend has 'changed him' and he's alot calmer now and when she dies you think he's gonna go absolutely schizo, BUT i think he so genuinly loved her and what not that he is just broken, you can see it and hear it after it happens he can hardly focus on what's going on and he's crying and all sorts, i think this game is just alot darker and crueler on a personal level than it is a 'murdering psycho' level and I kinda enjoyed that twist as it was very different and not what I expected
    then again perhaps not and i am reading into it too much!
    "Like you're a ing saint."

Arrow

The marketing of Lynch's character has something to do with it , he is labelled as the 'psychopath' , even on the back of the boxart ! so no wonder people were expecting him to pull crazy backflips and like that ...
    It's just a general misconception of his character really ...

As for "taking a step backwards" ...
    Well , i think we won't see two Kane & Lynch game that looks the 'same' ... supposedly the franchise is a insight look into the somewhat 'realistic' life of these two men , it's only natural that as time goes by in their 'life' , their perception of it will change as well , the world they see will look uglier (as was the case of Dog Days) , and maybe in the third game it will be a Abstract playground ...

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what this franchise's 'identity' is ...
    Is it a squad based shooter ? a linear third person shooter ? a story driven game ? a hardcore humane drama ? ...
    For all we know the next Kane & Lynch game will be a puzzle game , or a RPG set in Space , or a hack and slash set in medieval times ...

Of course , it's always a possibility that IO 'ed up' , and made a game that was Not what they intended to do , but i doubt it , i think with Dog Days they were trying to show that the Kane & Lynch franchise is going to be this 'varied' everytime a new chapter comes out ...
    Comic books and Motion Picture included ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

@Penry: I think Lynch is even more redoubtable in this game, because he actually seems to know exactly what he's doing.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

Motion Picture included ...
    The movie has the same name - i've not heard one other thing tht is similar! dunno why you feel this calmer (white) lynch is anything to do with the upcomming movie

he reacts unpredictably to the death of his girlfriend - was that too much for you? did you want the predictable game where he flips out :S
    i dunno why people feel a need to pinpoint a game to the point you have mentioned, is playing a game that is fun and interesting not enough? is 3ps not a enough pinpointing for you?
    "Like you're a ing saint."

Question

What the are you talking about ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.