Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - 4th April 2014 Update

Patch Notes - 4th April 2014 Update

Exclamation Patch Notes - 4th April 2014 Update

You can now find patch notes in a new section that can be accessed under the main NEWS header on the homepage, or by following this link: http://www.Nosgoth.com/game_updates

• Region filter will now function properly when NA or EU is selected
    • Fix for imbalanced teams being created (5v3, 6v2, etc.)
    • Improvements and fixes to Party system and friend inviting / joining

Voice Chat
    • Improvements to quality and consistency of voice chat
    • Fixes for being unable to hear some team-mates in-game

Controller Support
    • Unofficial support for playing with and rebinding Xbox 360 controllers enabled. This is still a Work In Progress so use at your own risk! PS4 controllers will also technically work but will not show PS4 button prompts.

Hunter

Crossbows:
    • Crossbows now have stronger horizontal recoil
    • Aim assistance at extreme distances reduced

Bola, Poison Bola:
    • Bola skills now break if the affected vampire takes 350 damage while bola’d
    • Shot delay after throwing Bola/Poison Bola reduced
    • Tooltips fixed to properly show Duration and Damage Threshold

Grenade:
    • Slight reduction to max damage

Blinding Shot:
    • Damage reduced to 65 x 3
    • Fixed a bug causing it to blind vampires who weren’t looking at it
    • Reduced blind duration

Alchemist

Sunlight Vial:
    • Increased radius to 400 units
    • Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds
    • Fixed a bug causing it to blind vampires who weren’t looking at it

Reaver

Shadow Step:
    • Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10

Sentinel

Flight:
    • Sentinels should now be significantly more effective at flying up stairs…
    • Disabled “dive” audio screech when flying now that Kidnap plays its own tell

Misc
    • Fixed a bug causing chatbox to sometimes require multiple button presses to close
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 4th Apr 2014 at 18:00.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Thank you MT, like the new website part.

Finally a fix for region and team balancing ... and I'm happy to see that the bola's new damage break has been changed to 350.

Hopefully we'll start to see new content now that many of the worst bugs are getting eliminated. Even if the new classes are still being balanced, a few more maps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the party balance fix and for the work on the party invite system. Great job guys love the game and can't wait for what is to come!

SS is now 15 secs cooldown =( Doesn't match my Leap anymore... Bad for my hit n' run tactics...
    signature image

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    • Fix for imbalanced teams being created (5v3, 6v2, etc.)
    • Improvements and fixes to Party system and friend inviting / joining
    Still broken, worse if anything

Originally Posted by MordaxPraetorian
    Still broken, worse if anything
    its not that bad , they did fix it and if it happens all you have to do is leave and come back to that match and it will fix itself.

If it does happen (and it does), then it's not fixed. And for players to leave and rejoin, that's the same fix as they had to do before hand. So.. no, not fixed. At all.

Also the chat bug wasn't fixed, I still need to slap enter twice after using team chat.

I don't like the team system, inviting 1 person to play with you is one thing. But these premades of 3-4 aren't any fun to play with or against as it makes the game incredibly one sided, put groups that size in their own queue, if they don't like it make them queue separate.

The bola fix was desperately as was the lowered aim assist, but horizontal recoil wasn't the solution, hunters max damage on their bolts needs a reduction still.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Still no music while in background-option.

I am Umngyr, one of the 2 first Nosgoth Quiz perfect score winners - And i aprove this patch.

Originally Posted by TheMalgot
    Still no music while in background-option.

This worked for me:

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Ok here we go: My Documents---->My Games---->Nosgoth---->BCMPGame---->Config---->BCMPSystemsettings

Now use the find function (ctrl+f) Search for UseDirectSount. It will be set to True. deletet the word True and write False (the capital is important). Next time you start nogoth, you will here the drum beats for the mach start counter.

Dumahim's ShadowStep have now a cooldown too long! I am dying almost 20% more!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    I don't like the team system, inviting 1 person to play with you is one thing. But these premades of 3-4 aren't any fun to play with or against as it makes the game incredibly one sided, put groups that size in their own queue, if they don't like it make them queue separate.
    Agreed.

Khalith, considering it's a team game it's hard to justify that. That being said, I'm sure it's coming at some point. But, penalizing teams by forcing them to not get matched up with others just because they went out of their way to form a team isn't the right way to go about it. Sure, it's boring for them too, but you can see some really intense games vs premades. We had one the other day vs. some of the QA team.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Khalith, considering it's a team game it's hard to justify that. That being said, I'm sure it's coming at some point. But, penalizing teams by forcing them to not get matched up with others just because they went out of their way to form a team isn't the right way to go about it. Sure, it's boring for them too, but you can see some really intense games vs premades. We had one the other day vs. some of the QA team.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to have teams in their own queue, if you want the intense premade vs premade then they should get their own queue. You're not being penalized, you're being forced to fight on fair terms against another team, putting them in the same queue as the solo queues is simply not fair to those that may not have a group of friends or a team yet. Forcing the teams to play against other teams is perfectly valid, if you think it's fair that teams of 3-4 are going against a full pug lobby then it's really hinting to me that you just want to stomp other teams without a challenge whereas if you truly are interested in intense games of team vs team then having teams in their own queue shouldn't cause any complaints.
    signature image

My issue isn't keeping them separate, it's that there isn't a playerbase to support it.

C'mon, Khalith you know there are no sense to implement closed lobbies while in CB stage. Personally I know only three premade groups atm: [immortal]*, _VRNB and "fellows from 200g" (but without any prefix so its a phantom menace ).
    So IMO I'd put it on low priority at this stage of development.

ps. BTW does group chat works or not? And what about Deceiver - I think they will show him during PAX.

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    C'mon, Khalith you know there are no sense to implement closed lobbies while in CB stage. Personally I know only three premade groups atm: [immortal]*, _VRNB and "fellows from 200g" (but without any prefix so its a phantom menace ).

ps. BTW does group chat works or not? And what about Deceiver - I think they will show him during PAX.
    Party chat does work and so does voice on your team. As for the Deceiver some of his abilities have already been shown, we already know what the Deceiver is like, there are vids of it already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovPU282Vso&t=13m5s

There you go, click that. I'm against the whole premades vs pugs, I always have been, I would rather see them in their own queue, I understand it probably won't be implemented for a while but my opinion on the issue won't change.
    signature image

Still no dice getting people in a party lobby before queueing, currently queueing as 3 people is like playing ARMA with an actual Sergeant Major leading the mission, "Is there a spot?" "YES" "GO GO GO MARINES".

Originally Posted by Planetus
    "Is there a spot?" "YES" "GO GO GO MARINES".
    ^ This – so much THIS!!! …it is the eternal battle against the Lobby…to be able to invite ones friends to the battlefield – to stand with your comrades side by side against the humans/vampires of Nosgoth! …heh

I actually managed to find an empty lobby last night and it was like winning the jackpot - but most the time get thrown in to a half in progress match.

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo

Plenty of sense, I set up Nosgoth PUG specifically for PUGs which need locked lobbies. There are 230+ people in the group

Most of which don't play anymore atm. Including yourself.

Exactly

My point was: Why would they make a locked lobby for players who aren't currently testing. It'll come anyways, but active players would make it more of a priority.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last