Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 : Q N' A Thread

Final Fantasy XIII-2 : Q N' A Thread

This is the Official Question and Answer thread for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Feel free to ask and we will give you answers right away.

RULES:
    1. There should be no trolling, flaming and any posts unrelated to the thread.
    2. Always be accurate and post with your personal opinions - we respect them.
    3. Read before posting. Try to read the previous pages if your question had been answered already.

Will we seen FF13-3 later in the year on how Lighing will fix everything & did everyone die from failing to save the world?

We are still not sure if there's gonna be a XIII-3. But there's a huge probability of it being developed. Are you talking about the ending of XIII-2?

Not everybody "died". As we see that only Serah died, the others get caught in an invisible paradox. You know Moogle's Bobble ability? That's it.

XIII-3 is gonna be a good chance of ending the game, in a happy manner.

SPOILERS:

Like Lightning said, to win victory, they should defeat Caius in the real time and in the Valhalla time. RotG's ending ends up Lightning walking in A Dying World, where there could be possibly a XIII-3.

why not keep the accessories just like ff13? making it a limit in 13-2 was not to bad but i would like to have seen it the same as 13, felt alittle limited, almost making me not care at all about the accessories, idk people may agree with me or not but im just alittle curious.

Yeah. I think SE is too lazy to design the accessory names. And also, in XIII, the accessories have very high effects, which will pretty much balance the whole game. Though the accessory mechanics in XIII-2 is stilll good.

Sorry for double post.

I agree too. But I think the purpose of the limited accessories is to balance the game's output.

Originally Posted by Nifes Knight

Will we seen FF13-3 later in the year on how Lighing will fix everything & did everyone die from failing to save the world?

yes

I think the accessory weight system was interesting. I don't know how successful it was, but I think there were certain hidden benefits to fiddling around with delicate/durable accessories and figuring out latent effects.

I agree too. You make alot of Synthesize abilities and patterns from XIII-2 accessories. Delicate has a low effect, yes, but it can absolutely turn in to a good Synthesized accessory. Bloody Medallion combinations tend to be really good, especially if you're speed running.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

I agree too. You make alot of Synthesize abilities and patterns from XIII-2 accessories. Delicate has a low effect, yes, but it can absolutely turn in to a good Synthesized accessory. Bloody Medallion combinations tend to be really good, especially if you're speed running.

Bloody Medallion? I think I missed that one, what'd it do?

It's a new accessory in patch 0.6 . It has an accessory slot of 10, and is 8 gil. It's effects are ripping your character's HP in 25% AND WOUND, but it grants you some buffs prior to start battle.

It's a new accessory in patch 0.6 . It has an accessory slot of 10, and is 8 gil. It's effects are ripping your character's HP in 25% AND WOUND, but it grants you some buffs prior to start battle.

Oh, that sounds like it could be pretty useful in some battles, since you can activate auto-abilities instantly (I guess)

Well in exchange of Wound damage 25%, it can't hurt. Only things that I could make up that will be useful in using this accessory is speed runs.

You won't probably try using that against any DLC monsters (Valdofr).

Anyways, what are Serah and Noel's best weapons out there? I heard DLC weapons don't count as a good weapon post-game.

Serah: Gandiva, Indrajit, OdinBolt

Noel: Grasitha, Romulus and Remus, OdinBlade

Well in exchange of Wound damage 25%, it can't hurt. Only things that I could make up that will be useful in using this accessory is speed runs.

In combination with Hero's Amulet, Saint's Amulet and Hermes Sandals you'll get Bravery, Faith and Haste immediately plus Low HP: Power Surge will activate and give you a 30% boost in damage. Using this would probably make farming a lot faster.

They only activate when you are in red condition. Bloody Medallion is still good considering it's A very LOW accessory cost at 10 and grants you Defensive Buffs and Offensive buffs. You can even sneak in some other accessories that can sum upto 90. The accessories you said will gimp the character's overall STR/MAG.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

I think the accessory weight system was interesting. I don't know how successful it was, but I think there were certain hidden benefits to fiddling around with delicate/durable accessories and figuring out latent effects.

Hope it goes back to the original way, honestly. It's not like a charm or talisman or whatever weighs 100 pounds.

Originally Posted by Dils

In combination with Hero's Amulet, Saint's Amulet and Hermes Sandals you'll get Bravery, Faith and Haste immediately plus Low HP: Power Surge will activate and give you a 30% boost in damage. Using this would probably make farming a lot faster.

Bloody Medallion is better. You are granted with both defensive and offensive buffs prior to start battle. It's a 10 accessory space, so you can add more other accessories. You can even use Genji accessories for the Synthesized abilities.

They only activate when you are in red condition. Bloody Medallion is still good considering it's A very LOW accessory cost at 10 and grants you Defensive Buffs and Offensive buffs. You can even sneak in some other accessories that can sum upto 90. The accessories you said will gimp the character's overall STR/MAG.

Yeah, what I meant was that you use it in combination with the Bloody Medallion to get the cost to 100 and grant all buffs (which is why I said immediately and not at red HP, as you start in it initially).

For the record, what buffs does the Bloody Medallion give? The wikia doesn't mention any at all.

It doesn't actually "grant" you buffs. The purpose of this is to easily use the critical: buffs easily prior to start battle. Since you're goaling for a non-gimping Serah/Noel, you're still granted with other stuffs. Only thing that I find useful is the Critical: Power Surge and Critical: Haste. The other buffs can be buffed accordingly. Also, why will you try including both Critical: Bravery and Faith at the same time if you're oriented humans are only focused on one attack? One example I can do is some Delicate stuffs and booster STR/MAG oriented accessories.

It's an Ensanguined accessory, much like the Ensanguined Shield from XII.

The purpose of this is to easily use the critical: buffs easily prior to start battle.

That's what I found so confusing. Your explanation sounded like you only use the Bloody Medallion and it will automatically grant you buffs. As far as I know, neither Noel and Serah has any innate critical: buffs.

Also, why will you try including both Critical: Bravery and Faith at the same time if you're oriented humans are only focused on one attack?

I never actually thought of that. I guess I was thinking of XIII when I wrote it.

Oh well, if you remove the Saint's Amulet from Noel and the Hero's Amulet from Serah you can equip both with a Zealot's Amulet to grant Vigilance and still have the Low HP: Power Surge at 30%. Vigilance is vital whilst fighting Caius.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last