Thread: Multiplayer Lag Patching (Like COD)

Multiplayer Lag Patching (Like COD)

Exclamation Multiplayer Lag Patching (Like COD)

I remember when COD was real laggy sometimes, when the host had a ty internet connection or someone with a dodgy connection brought everyone else down to their level.

Then they patched it and now..COD4 runs almost flawlessly 90% of the time(I'd say).

I know K&L2 has only been out a few days(out today here in the UK but I got mine yesterday ), but is there any talk amongst the developers about doing some work on improving the connections?

If I had a decent internet connection (I live in Scotland, nuff said) then I'd offer my server as a K&L2 serv.

Just wondering if this is something that's in the pipeline...and also if there is anything in the pipeline at all...

PEACE

Anarchy4_20

I know K&L2 has only been out a few days(out today here in the UK but I got mine yesterday ), but is there any talk amongst the developers about doing some work on improving the connections?
    I am wondering the same thing. I got the game just yesterday (and I am loving it by the way ) and went online, it ran perfectly. However, tonight it is just lagged up, and in matchmaking it says "Joining Lobby..." and then "Closing..." after around 20 seconds or so.

I am pleading that this is fixed because this multiplayer would be a huge game. And you bring up a good point; nearly all of the Call of Duty titles had the same issue; once the patch was out, EVERYONE flocked to the game online!

For now, I am enjoying singleplayer and arcade mode, and try once and awhile to get online!
    BOVGTV - TV For Gamers: http://www.bovgtv.com | http://www.youtube.com/bestofvideogames
    Sure, I Play Online @ PSN ID: ThomasBros | Xbox Live Gamertag: BOVG

Yeah it is a little annoying.

The worst part is when I've played 2 out of 3 rounds of a match, done really well and racked up, say, $5 million.
    Then the game decides to crash. For no apparent reason other than it disliking me doing well...

I hope there is talk amongst the developers and staff of getting the quirks worked out of the game, because - as you say - people flock to online multiplayer games that work well.

I think it just needs to ensure that the player has a decent connection before letting them host a game, and also maybe check ping response for players every once in a while and kick the ones whose response is slowing down the game for everyone else?

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing alongside people who are using a 56k Dial-Up connection.....

PEACE

--- Anarchy4_20 ---