Thread: Gametrailers seem to get it

Gametrailers seem to get it

Thumbs Up Gametrailers seem to get it

GT's review is online and they gave it a well deserved 8.1/10, glad some reviewers get the point of this game and appreciate a fresh take on game presentation and other improvements over the original. Furthermore they have not ignored the original multiplayer of this game that extends the game's gangster/cob concept and offers something else than the usual "add another kill to your count in military suit" of other shooters:

=> http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...e-lynch/703248

K&L2 deserves 7/10 minimum.

I personally give it a 8/10 as I don't use decimal placing when rating something.

Overall, great game.

9.1/10 for me.
    I feel bad that it wont get alot of time in my 360 within the next few months though with Halo Reach and the Vietnam Expansion for BFBC2 coming out.Hopefully that DLC keeps the online fresh.
    Arcade Mode World Leaderboards XBL
    #1 Radio Tower/#3 Fish Market

1 out of 10 for this piece of horse

A whole point? Not a half?
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

No a 1/2 as in it sucks!

Originally Posted by KaneAndLynchFan1988
    1 out of 10 for this piece of horse
    If you dislike the Game so much, why do you keep posting on the official Fourms? Makes you look more silly each time you post.

Originally Posted by KaneAndLynchFan1988
    No a 1/2 as in it sucks!
    Anyone, see my point?

Originally Posted by ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
    If you dislike the Game so much, why do you keep posting on the official Fourms? Makes you look more silly each time you post.
    Yes, as well as the name he uses.
    KaneAndLynchFan1988 did you like the original?

Originally Posted by prirechnaya5_165
    Yes, as well as the name he uses.
    KaneAndLynchFan1988 did you like the original?
    There's alot of room over at the Dead Men forums, man.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    There's alot of room over at the Dead Men forums, man.
    I mean, if he liked the original it is acceptable to name yourself a "KaneAndLynchFan" and dislike the DOG DAYS. But if not, then...

He claims to be a staunch fan of the first game. But that doesn't make him anymore worth living that he is anyway.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Originally Posted by prirechnaya5_165
    I mean, if he liked the original it is acceptable to name yourself a "KaneAndLynchFan" and dislike the DOG DAYS. But if not, then...
    He can be a fan of Dead Men, I think we all are here, but there exists such a thing called "constructive criticism".
    Now this guy simply barges into a thread shouts his anti-Dog Days rhetoric, although in all honesty I shouldn't call 'this game is horse ' rhetoric, but he just bashes, he doesn't attempt to say things like
    'The grain can be a bit too much in real dark areas'
    or
    'The aiming is a bit too slow'

No, throws a fit like a kid and argues with anyone who doesn't agree with him or those that try to correct him.

And it's IO who made the K&L series, asshat.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Back to topic guys, GT made a great review and managed to see the innovative things of this game while other reviews just simple approached this game with their MW2 glassed on.

Arrow

I still think it's odd that with criticsim concerning the short length , the story , the cover system , gunplay , and a visual style that is generally 'hit and miss' for reviewers , Dog Days manages to get near similar score than Dead Men despite the first game having a more praiseworthy story and a length that didn't bother all that much ...

And hell , in Gametrailers' case , they gave Dog Days 0.1 higher than Dead Men , what gives ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Story and lenght was better in Dead Men, but the presentation and gameplay is better in Dog Days. But whats in a number, it's what they say in a review that counts.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

What they 'say' still all seems awfully biased ...

Well a review is an opinion of someone of flesh and blood, not some mathematical undisputable robot.

he is just looking for a reaction, and getting one, ignore the children!

my own opinion it's an 8 i think, i was so mega hyped the first game is one of my all time favourites and i love IO's work (hitman = best game series out? could be, freedom fighters was excellent too etc) but i have to give this an 8 because of so many glitches, shorter game than original and alot less variety in locations (i'm not saying that it's bad this is just some of the things stopping me from giving it a 9) and that horrible dlc already on disc (which we will have to pay for) as well as the online not being great (the gameplay is amazing once you actually get a game and if they host doesn't quit!)

a great game but i think there could have been 2-3 more levels added in (maybe they plan on dlc? dunno) but just something to give it more length and variety (perhaps a 2-3 level 'what happened between games' scenario or something i dunno but just something more and a game that wasn't so glitchy would've easily pushed this to a 9-9.5 for me (still love this game but until it's patched it's an 8.0, also dreading to see the prices of the dlc esp. if they contain some things i already have :@)
    "Like you're a ing saint."

Thumbs Down

With the criticism you've put in you still give it a eight out of ten ? ...

Folks are too generous these days ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    With the criticism you've put in you still give it a eight out of ten ? ...

Folks are too generous these days ...
    glitches can be fixed, dlc while ulc is still extra and the games can be lengthened by tougher difficulties and multiplayer, games nowadays also take up more disc space and are in more demand to be released so suffer from this also, but overall i don't think the bad points of the game bring it down too much, the game improves on many features of the original and (and this is what really matters, and people forget) it is FUN to play. too many people get bogged down with argueing over physics engines and game lengths and exclusive dlcs etc, games are meant to be FUN
    "Like you're a ing saint."