Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: 's guide to scouting

's guide to scouting

AAAaAAaaaaAa. was using Mark today. man, it's very good. vey good. I see now 'mass scouts' much more often. counters smoke bomb pretty well. makes more effective Volley and turret

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    I'd say Volley is anti-sentinel (espesially anti-'take-off' sentinels), turret is anti-tyrant (hes just to slow to move out)
    thx for the thought. Volley's bigger radius makes it as usefull against Tyrants as turret.

i find volley really useful for flushing enemies out of areas, and "telling" team mates where enemies are while doing damage to them. Its pretty useful all around.

Hello ! is this up to date ? I was wondering because as i was used in a past life to be a good sniper, i wanted to give a try to buy a weapon for scout, and as i see, they are all proposed as best by different people. Meanwhile, most players speak about stormbow & warbow, while naturally, i would have went for a swift bow.
    Main reason is that when i've test the default weapon, i found out that i aim right, do some damages, but i end up taking a looong time to charge fully & that was kinda frustrating.

So my question is : is it a matter of gameplay or efficiency ? As you seems to say that most of the time, the stormbow will help (2+ reavers) or the warbow will do (sentinels..). So the swiftbow is really almost never better whatever your playstyle or your personal qualities/defaults ? (like me being good aimer but like to move/dodge).
    Shouldn't it be a better dps to quickly charge x2 with a swift that waiting too long & attack only once with something more heavy ? (even if i plenty understand the great efficiency of stormbow, especially against groups of ennemies & close range).

Besides the weapon, i've seen that lot of people recommend traps right now, in synergy with knives.
    On my part, i always find myself behing killed by a bunch of vampire while my teamates are looking in another way or simply dead.. so i thought that camouflage would help a lot ! Is camouflage not seen really good because at high level, players just see trought it so i shouldn't get myself used to something that won't be reliable at higher levels ? Should i go for traps ? (never used them so i have no clue of how effective they are).

Thx per advance for the replies of any good/reliable scout player around.

Realistically, the swiftbow has the most consistent DPS output. It's also the only one in high level play that can put out good, consistent burst. The compound bow is a close second for damage, it sustains well a mid-close range with a bit high burst output but has more falloff at a range in damage. The warbow isn't about damage, but about control. And the stormbow reigns supreme at general harassment and mid-range combat and melee spammers in groups.

I prefer compound or war bow. If I'm vs a Reaver heavy team I switch it up to a swiftbow. Hope that helps some.

Also, camo can still be seen, so it's tough to use. I used to run trap/knives. With compound/swiftbow I prefer knives/turret. With warbow I prefer knives/volley or mark target/volley depending on my team. Perks vary depending on my bow stats.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Thx !

You can play scout in two main ways: as a sniper, or as a quaker. Compound, Warbow and Stormbow belong to the first, Swiftbow to the second.

Swiftbow is not about sniping, really. You are a Hunter with a bit more of range, which means you will see the enemy and maybe land a first charged shot, then spam rapid shots, draw him to melee, use knives and maybe the secondary ability to increase damage, reload, spam more, he's dead or, if you did something wrong, you're dead. Swiftbow is great for managing close quarter combat, but is a bad choice for sniping, because its charged shots don't really do much damage.

Camouflage is not a great choice IMHO, because it's not made for escaping from somebody who is punching you already. Knives are pretty much mandatory, and I personally recommend the turret because it's faster to deploy, but also landmine and volley make sense in some cases, especially to cover the rest of your team.

The "long-draw" bows, on the contrary, are much more effective if you do have the time to charge your shots. Usually the best way to play with them is to stay a bit away from the rest of your team, let's say 5-10 meters, but keep a clear line of sight with them. Chances are you won't be the first target of an attack, which means you can snipe the whole enemy team all gathered in front of you and with little protection. Here Knives make sense if you still want to be ready to face melee - which is all but impossible, especially if your team is not really that great - but camouflage can work too, and as a second perk you may want to use grappling hook if you want to keep your distance or any of the other if, again, you are ready for some melee or for helping your team more actively.

Stormbow is particularly effective, because it practically deals the highest damage (consider some of protective abilities don't block explosion damage, hence if you hit a Reaver with half his health Elude won't help him) and the explosions can wound more than one enemy if they are near. Compound is pretty much the same, but you give up to the explosive effect. Warbow deals less damage, but incapacitates, so if can potentially be more effective in covering a team member or to buy you time to fight or escape.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12