Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Just out of the Gamescom demo, please ask

Just out of the Gamescom demo, please ask

  1. #1

    Just out of the Gamescom demo, please ask

    Hey,

    I just came out of the new private DXHR demo.

    Basically it was a mission happening inside a police station and they played it three times: combat, pacifist, ghost.

    You start outside then go in to pick up something on a corpse at the police station's morgue.

    So fire your questions.
    "The year is 2027"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    7,374
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    Hey,

    I just came out of the new private DXHR demo.

    Basically it was a mission happening inside a police station and they played it three times: combat, pacifist, ghost.

    You start outside then go in to pick up something on a corpse at the police station's morgue.

    So fire your questions.
    How balanced did the three different methods seem in comparison to one another?
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

  3. #3
    Did you see the inventory? If so, please describe.

    Did you see the hacking minigame? If so, please describe!

    Did you see any kind of aug upgrade menu?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Mr. K
    How balanced did the three different methods seem in comparison to one another?
    This is the essence of Deus Ex. Can I have fun and feel good whether I decide to shoot, talk or hack? And honestly it was the first time I really felt DXHR was Deus Ex.
    I mean the station has several entries (4-5) and you can decide to discover them freely. It was interesting to see them play it three times because the result was almost going through 3 different levels!
    So it was balanced because each playstyle was given enough room to be exploited.


    Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Did you see the inventory? If so, please describe.
    Did you see the hacking minigame? If so, please describe!
    Did you see any kind of aug upgrade menu?
    Yes, yes, yes. Well the inventory, that probably wasn't final, was just the picture of Adam on the left and cubes on the right with the items stacked. As you hover on the different items, say upgrades, it would focus on Adam, on different locations of his body (head, arms, back, ect...).
    The hacking game seemed really cool and innovative, you have to catch something without behind caught by the firewall. Didn't get it but it far better than anything in Mass Effect 2.
    "The year is 2027"

  5. #5
    1. What's the UI like, in general?
    2. To continue Ashpolt's inventory question, can we see weapon stats in the inventory?
    3. Is the yellow/gold tint as dense as the content we've seen so far, is it everywhere, or are the colors more "balanced" indoors?

    Thanks in advance.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by pha
    1. What's the UI like, in general?
    2. To continue Ashpolt's inventory question, can we see weapon stats in the inventory?
    3. Is the yellow/gold tint as dense as the content we've seen so far, is it everywhere, or are the colors more "balanced" indoors?
    Discreet UI but charged with many informations. When you receive a message (Sarif) his head appears on the top right hand corner with the text under it.

    Didn't notice weapons stats, didn't really pay attention tbh.

    It wasn't too much yellow/gold, even outside, actually inside it was green/blue/grey. Very nice.
    "The year is 2027"

  7. #7
    Another question : what was the ratio between fps and tps during the different play-through of the level ?

    (and thanks for answering the questions, and sharing that with us)

  8. #8
    Jolly good, thanks.

  9. #9
    No difference noted. By the way the dialogs are 1st and 3rd. And it seems they finally chose to put bits of the sentence you're going to answer when you hover on the 3 different options.
    "The year is 2027"

  10. #10
    were there any signs (or any visual elements) that would suggest that we could read books and/or newspapers like in Deus Ex 1 and 2?

  11. #11
    mhh didnt pay attention but the level was pretty stuffed with computers, newspapers, boards on walls, books, ect...

    Oh and I'm pretty sure I heard the coroner refer to Manderley.
    "The year is 2027"

  12. #12
    How were your impressions of the dialog? Poor? Nondescript, standard affair? Engaging?
    signature image

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    mhh didnt pay attention but the level was pretty stuffed with computers, newspapers, boards on walls, books, ect...

    Oh and I'm pretty sure I heard the coroner refer to Manderley.
    Did he rap?
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

  14. #14
    In the "Guns Blazing" playthrough, was Adam in his Trenchcoat, or his Tactical Gear?
    signature image

  15. #15
    rap?

    Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    How were your impressions of the dialog? Poor? Nondescript, standard affair? Engaging?
    It starts outside with a short discussion between Sarif and Adam, he says that this is a heist in a police station and that it takes time. That part was nice.

    Inside the station, he speaks to someone he knows, Haas. Then there's kind of a discussion between them two about something that went wrong in the past and regrets... that was a bit weird but then I thought that it might not be the first time we meet Haas.
    "The year is 2027"

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    rap?



    It starts outside with a short discussion between Sarif and Adam, he says that this is a heist in a police station and that it takes time. That part was nice.

    Inside the station, he speaks to someone he knows, Haas. Then there's kind of a discussion between them two about something that went wrong in the past and regrets... that was a bit weird but then I thought that it might not be the first time we meet Haas.
    Nevermind the rap. Just me and my queer mods.

    Thanks for the info btw!
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    57
    Hey Jordan,
    how did you experience auto gen health? Was it well balanced?
    plus
    What about Adams Eyes, his Vision, what can you tell us about it? is it only like tech googles in DX1?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,362
    Appreciate you sharing your impressions. I like what I'm hearing so far, pleased to hear of variety in the colour palette and complex level design. I see you're recalling as much as you can, but looking forward to some news on interactivity with items in the world- readable items, consumables, things to sell, mission specific stuff.

    What most about it made it feel more "deus ex" seeing it this time around? Multiple approaches? Or did the general atmosphere take you back?

  19. #19
    I think you wore the trenchcoat even while fighting because you enter the area wearing it. You start "social"

    auto gen, nothing particular the guy was invincible.

    You have an orange see-through walls. (unless I'm mistaking with Witcher 2, it was a crazy day ^^) After giving it some thought it probably was Witcher 2. ^^
    "The year is 2027"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,158
    Can you describe stealth to us in comparison with DX1 stealth? How did you feel about it? Anything you liked? Anything that you didnt like? Was it heavily focused on 3d person looking behind corners?

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    The hacking game seemed really cool and innovative, you have to catch something without behind caught by the firewall. Didn't get it but it far better than anything in Mass Effect 2.
    Good news, but how long did it take? Was it a matter of a few seconds, or half a minute or more? My concern is that if it takes more than 5-10 seconds each time, it's going to get really tedious when you're doing it for the 50th time.

    I was going to ask how health was represented visually - i.e. is it a health bar or is it shown by the screen turning red / going desaturated etc - but I'm guessing you didn't get any indication of that if he had invincibility on?

  22. #22
    In the violent approach, what kind of guns were used? Hell, what kind of weaponry in general? Any explosive devices aka grenades?

    What did you think of the Approach -> Takedown gameplay? How did that look like?

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by jordan_a
    I think you wore the trenchcoat even while fighting because you enter the area wearing it. You start "social"
    You start social? Then how does the fighting begin? Adam just takes out his gun and shoots everybody?
    signature image

  24. #24
    Awesome, thanks for doing what EM can't be arsed to do! If I meet you in real life, you shall have some beer.

    Question: Did it seem to you like there was a specific path for social, combat and hacking, or did it seem more like the original, where you did whatever you planned around those ideas?
    signature image

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Tecman
    In the violent approach, what kind of guns were used? Hell, what kind of weaponry in general? Any explosive devices aka grenades?
    This. Especially as it concerns the enemies. How did they handle you? Was there any flanking, or grenade use on their part?
    signature image

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last