View Poll Results: Will Human Revolution be as enjoyable as the original Deus Ex?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 26.53%
  • No

    16 32.65%
  • Undecided

    20 40.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Will Human Revolution be as enjoyable as the original Deus Ex?

Will Human Revolution be as enjoyable as the original Deus Ex?

  1. #1

    Will Human Revolution be as enjoyable as the original Deus Ex?

    Will Human Revolution be as enjoyable as the original Deus Ex?

  2. #2
    *tosses coin* -- it's heads.

    No it won't be then. It came up heads.
    signature image

  3. #3
    Though it seems like a straight forward question, is it really?Ponder baby,ponder.
    If you want to make enemies, dumb something down

  4. #4


    Ask again later
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

  5. #5
    Undecided at this point. Related question: Have we seen all Gamescon has to offer with that one batch of screens and the less than substantial gameplay trailer, or is there more to come? Haven't even seen any hands on previews yet, only demo reports.

  6. #6
    picked undecided, altough all signs point to no.
    but hope springs eternal, and i won't know until i've played it through for, oh, about 12 times or so.

  7. #7
    well duh it is going to be a better game it has cover system and third-person takedowns which deus ex was pretty stupid to lack

    i hope they take out that bull multiple-path and use it spruce up the guns and combat instead

    *rubs hands*

  8. #8
    "Enjoyable" is a tricksy word to use here. Gears of War was "enjoyable." Hell, I'd imagine that in some ways, Superman 64 was "enjoyable." "Enjoyable" doesn't necessarily make for a good game.

    So to answer your question - will it be as enjoyable as Deus Ex? Maybe. Maybe more, being as they're doing their best to make sure you never have any kind of difficulty playing it. Will it be as good a game as Deus Ex? That's the important question to ask.

    ...And the answer is no. Just flat-out no.

    [EDIT] Voted "undecided" btw.

  9. #9
    Is that a trick question? How can you honestly answer that without playing both games? Only i you're already strongly prejudiced either way.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    "Enjoyable" is a tricksy word to use here. Gears of War was "enjoyable." Hell, I'd imagine that in some ways, Superman 64 was "enjoyable." "Enjoyable" doesn't necessarily make for a good game.

    So to answer your question - will it be as enjoyable as Deus Ex? Maybe. Maybe more, being as they're doing their best to make sure you never have any kind of difficulty playing it. Will it be as good a game as Deus Ex? That's the important question to ask.

    ...And the answer is no. Just flat-out no.

    [EDIT] Voted "undecided" btw.
    Superman 64 was not enjoyable. End of story.
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

  11. #11
    "Will HR be as enjoyable as DX?"

    I see someone is wearing their Unrealistic Optimism hat, today.
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

  12. #12
    I had been pessimistic and said "no".

    Although I'm not deying it may be a good game however it would like to re-painting Picasso's work and expecting it to be a master piece or trying to re-shooting the Old starwars trilogy, it would never be the same as the original.

  13. #13
    JC Denton wears a trenchcoat all the time. Adam Jensen only wears his half the time. The math is clear. Human Revolution cannot be as enjoyable as Deus Ex.
    signature image

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    JC Denton wears a trenchcoat all the time. Adam Jensen only wears his half the time. The math is clear. Human Revolution cannot be as enjoyable as Deus Ex.
    My God, that perfect logic cannot be denied.

    JC wore a trenchcoat 100% of the time and everybody liked DX.
    Alex D wore a trenchcoat 0% of the time, and no one liked IW.
    Coincidence? I think not!
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Angel-A
    My God, that perfect logic cannot be denied.

    JC wore a trenchcoat 100% of the time and everybody liked DX.
    Alex D wore a trenchcoat 0% of the time, and no one liked IW.
    Coincidence? I think not!
    The same logic applies to sunglasses at night. Alex had none, Adam's are retractable, JC's were an integral part of the awesomeness that was his face.
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    JC Denton wears a trenchcoat all the time. Adam Jensen only wears his half the time. The math is clear. Human Revolution cannot be as enjoyable as Deus Ex.
    Originally Posted by pringlepower
    The same logic applies to sunglasses at night. Alex had none, Adam's are retractable, JC's were an integral part of the awesomeness that was his face.

    That settles it. There is no way it can be as enjoyable.

    I'm undecided, but - and it's a big but (I like big buts, and I cannot lie) - I am very much inclined toward "no" at the moment, so I voted... no.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Angel-A
    My God, that perfect logic cannot be denied.
    Elementary, my dear Angel, elementary.
    signature image

  18. #18
    The question is somehow paradox for me.
    This game could be enjoyable, but it will be no Deus Ex for me.

    What made Deus Ex special for me, were the dialoges, good non-hollywood-voiceacting, even with its flaws, the Design, Story and atmosphere. So overall a universe I really was sucked into.
    If I watched the videos without knowing its a Deus Ex-game, I hadnt thought it would be a Deus Ex-game, simply cause its a totally different universe. Modifications of the body and a surveillance society are nothing exceptional in a scifi- and specially in a cyberpunk-game.

    You just cant make a franchise and then replace the universe. In that cases you usually make a new franchise.
    I think they had benefit, by just giving the game a different name, cause fans of the first game, will not be dissapointet and people, who dont played or liked the first one dont care for the name.

    I could enjoy the game, cause some of Deus Ex old gameplay elements, but I got enough of that Hollywood-type
    universes, where my eyes hurt of all the rolling.
    The game probably will be good, but I allready know that I cant get sucked into the universe, cause the affected, overemotional voiceating, the Christian Bale-like huming of Jensen, the kitschy music and over-the-top design and gameplay elements.
    There are many forms you can make somthing look good, cool and so on.
    DXHR really seems to make it in a way teenagers usually like it and that time is gone, in my case.

    That they just dont continue the franchise or make make new one, instead of build one inspired my many other franchises and entitle it Deus Ex (like they said in one or more of the interviews) is just a cruel decission from the marketing. They really doesnt seem to care about the universe, but some of the gameplay elements and the ability to take influence of the path.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by hardwired
    good non-hollywood-voiceacting
    ha!
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    No way to know as i have never played the original Dues Ex.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    7,374
    I think I'll enjoy Human Revolution. I'll probably replay it multiple times. I don't think I'll end up playing it 20 times like I have the original simply because I don't have the time or inclination to do so anymore. It may take a spot of honor on my shelf, alongside the original DX, Portal and Mirror's Edge.

    BUT...

    Without 100% Trenchcoat, there is no way it can live up to the original.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by fchopin
    No way to know as i have never played the original Dues Ex.
    Then you should go and get it on Steam or elsewhere...it's like missing the holy grail of videogames!

    gogo...!!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    Originally Posted by Shinrei
    Then you should go and get it on Steam or elsewhere...it's like missing the holy grail of videogames!

    gogo...!!!
    will it play on windows 7 64 bit?

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by fchopin
    will it play on windows 7 64 bit?
    On Vista 64bit it works just fine (with Kenties fixes)... should count for Win7 64bit too.

    If you have any problems...this should make it work: Deus Ex on modern systems.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    Originally Posted by Shinrei
    On Vista 64bit it works just fine (with Kenties fixes)... should count for Win7 64bit too.

    If you have any problems...this should make it work: Deus Ex on modern systems.
    Thanks, will try and get the game in the next 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last