Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Co-Op Added Back In...Hmmm???

Exclamation Online Co-Op Added Back In...Hmmm???

I see on both my 360 & xbox.com (see grab below) that the LCGoL supports Online Multiplayer for 2 people. There is more than one reference to online multiplayer support & more than one reference to the fact that there is no refunds after purchase.

99% of 360 users probably do not read Tomb Raider forums and will believe the descriptive text on the store, & rightly so.

My advice is to add some text to the description ASAP, informing people of the rollout plan, as there will probably be a lot of unhappy 360 raiders who will feel seriously mislead...Just saying
    There is also the fact that the people on the Microsoft support line will probably not have a clue about this issue & will probably use the descriptive text for reference. New support tickets a-go-go!

Even on the main Market place blade, it states in big writing: IT TAKES TWO TO TOMB RAID

In the following grab, look at the online items that are supported (bottom left):
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

awww....but its only 1-2 plyrs in co-op. and online
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

I must say that is really misleading. They should have (temporarily) changed the text in my opinion.
    signature image

??????

^
    Will you please stop spamming, it's getting annoying fast.
    signature image

wat are you talking spamming???? I not spamming..... Im confused.....::

There is NO online co op until 28th September when they release the patch to enable it.

I knew that....i was just sayin. sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by bedazzled View Post
    There is NO online co op until 28th September when they release the patch to enable it.
    Indeed, please tell Xbox Marketplace that!!!
    signature image

GIVE US AN ACTUAL ONLINE GAME PLAy

this game would be awesome to play with a friend on xbox live but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends

Online compatibility is coming to XBLA on September 28 - same day this game is going to be available for all people that want to, but can't play it just yet (ie PC and PS3 users).

Why? No idea. But it is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by j turn29 View Post
    this game would be awesome to play with a friend on xbox live but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends

GOL does not have a split screen mode.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by j turn29 View Post
    ... but you can only play splitscreen which is so stupid. how else to you expect people to get those achievements and enjoy the game online with friends
    You must be thinking of a different game. Like aussie500 said, LCGOL does not have a split screen mode.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Online co-op has been postponed indefinitely:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/46...yed-again.html

Both XBLA and Steam (I don't have a PS3, don't know about PSN) continue to say that the game offers online coop. This is, simply put, lying to people. There are also some funky things going on with the Steam version's release date, more details here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1440038

The release date has been pushed forward to Sept 21st but people can't play the game anyway.

All in all, I am not buying this game for now.

Perhaps the first DLC should be free for all platforms now

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Tomb_Raider View Post
    Perhaps the first DLC should be free for all platforms now
    Now that would be a good idea
    I would love to know the sales numbers for this title.
    I didn't see a single person on my 360 friends list play it.

It felt that the hype was being built up nicely for this release & it would have really benefitted from a single BIG multi-platform release (ahem, including the two platforms that seem to have the lions share of TR fans).

When it eventually limps onto PS3 & PC (*still unfinished*) it will feel like old hat, what with the review & marketing stage firmly in our rear-view mirrors.

Let's hope that they sort out their launch plans for the next proper title, if they earn the right to finish & release it. I only mention this as we all know what happened to CORE.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    it will feel like old hat, what with the review & marketing stage firmly in our rear-view mirrors.
    The marketing is definitely finished for the game, as well as the hype. Doesn't mean we won't enjoy the game once we get it but the excitement has definitely taken a back seat.

FTR: According to the Tomb Raider Community survey I conducted just over a month ago, XBOX players do not make up the majority of the community.

No online multi = No buy

Fool me once...

In the past I've already got burned by Trine and Torchlight both promising online multiplayer and not delivering. They outright lied about it and kept to local multi, just to again promise actual multiplayer on the sequels.

This time, I ain't going spend a dime without hard evidence of a working online multiplayer under my nose.

that seems fair enough, online multiplayer sould be available tomorrow so hopefully you will see the evidence and buy an awesome game
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Today the game will be released on PSN. So, just wait and ask the people who will buy the game and let them confirm to you if that feature is available.
    Jesus And God Are One. Jesus Is God Word, Jesus Is God soul. Jesus Continues God And God Continues Jesus.

It should be available soon, so hopefully you'll be more interested then
    signature image

Don't buy this game. Its full of glitches and problems.
    Jesus And God Are One. Jesus Is God Word, Jesus Is God soul. Jesus Continues God And God Continues Jesus.

No, BUY this game.

Support the industry and the people that worked hard to produce what is actualy a VERY GOOD GAME.

Also, more money in their pockets means more time to fix things and do better next time yeah?

The Glitches will be fixed I am sure. Maybe wait to buy it for that, but don't miss out because of a bad start on the launch.

Well my mate wants to buy it just for the co-op side, so he wants to split the cost we me... fair do's but I've noticed how some developers still take the attitude... who cares we'll patch it later attitude... yeah, that's the way to rake in the customers.

Whereas developers who want to make a solid experience tend to make sure it's polished so they don't really have to update it later just to get earlier sales. For example, MGS 4 (Even the PSP version) doesn't have any glitches. Well I've never encountered one and I'm always replaying them (more than I probably should).

But whatever; if the glitches are as bad as I hear then God help CD if they do go with an open world TR9. That's going to be fun to watch. Like a car crash in slow motion.

Damn, they scammed my money by promising online co-op.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast