Thread: Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (360 edition)

Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (360 edition)

Just wanted to say I am also experiencing some freezing on the
    Xbox 360 version but (touch wood) my game hasn't frozen completely yet.

first playthrough (solo, medium, steadycam off) and online etc was all fine, I am now playing it on extreme, solo and steadycam on (though i've had it off to see if it was that and it didn't make any difference) and this time I am experiencing the game 'sticking' or 'pausing' for a second when I shoot some people.
    99.9% of time it is with the shotgun, shooting exploding canisters etc also does this and it seems to happen alot with headshots. I shoot and before the enemy is hit the game will freeze for a second as if it has frozen, then, all at once - BOOM it is unfrozen and the enemy is hit or the explosion happens etc

Just thought I would post my experience incase it helps - hope there is a patch soon.

I haven't played it online since this bug started. will try it later.

I was just playing on-line coop on 'Coming Home' as Lynch. I was climbing the stairs when my gun suddenly disappeared, but Lynch's arms still had the gun-holding shape. I would fire but no noise or flash appeared. The recoil motion would still happen and the ammo count would go down, though. The game eventually ended about 2 minutes from connection problem.
    This is the first time it's happened to me, but I wanted to report it.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Hi all

We're paying attention to all your concerns and reports and they ARE being routed to QA and tech support. We can't fix everything and we can't fix it by snapping our fingers, sadly, as it's often quite difficult to figure out why a PS3 hard-locks in one chapter but not in another, or why a graphics card on the PC suddenly displays textures in a weird way etc. We ARE trying to figure out a lot of these things but we also need to prioritize among the various reports.

Please keep your reports coming and please provide us with as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

Nick

xbox arcade 1yr old does not have silver plate on DVD drive.
    60gb Hd
    7gb Free Hd space
    VGA cable to monitor

2nd playthrough.....xtreme

The freezing has happened on every chapter so far....at least once, third chapter several headshots in a row froze for a second or two.

Uninstalled game and reinstalled to Hd, cleared cache.....same issue on chapter 3 (sweatshop level)

It has happened more already than it did the whole of the first playthrough on Hard.

Definately patch time guys......played a variety of other games running off Hd and no problems encountered.

Now on chapter 4

Now on Chapter 4 - going to Xui's apartment (the demo level), thought it was just using shotgun with petrol tank upstairs that froze- tried 4 times and let myself die each time- froze 3 of 4 times- petrol tank blows up fine then go to shoot police and it freezes. Tried silenced assault rifle off of SWAT team in restaurant- petrol blows up fine then freezes as well when shooting......I think the mosaic is the problem...trying to calculate whether to show it or not????

Originally Posted by monzmeg
    xbox arcade 1yr old does not have silver plate on DVD drive.
    60gb Hd
    7gb Free Hd space
    VGA cable to monitor

2nd playthrough.....xtreme

The freezing has happened on every chapter so far....at least once, third chapter several headshots in a row froze for a second or two.

Uninstalled game and reinstalled to Hd, cleared cache.....same issue on chapter 3 (sweatshop level)

It has happened more already than it did the whole of the first playthrough on Hard.

Definately patch time guys......played a variety of other games running off Hd and no problems encountered.
    Yeah, we're pretty sure we nailed this one - it's achievement related. The patch is in submission with MS at the moment and we expect it out next week. Hopefully, it will fix the issue which is quite clearly a pain in the ass.

I think that is a relief to hear.....its appreciated.

Doing my second playthrough now, for fun on Easy. Just noticed the sound for cinematics & in-game scripted events are clearly out of sync.
    For instance: at one point, one of the team is axing down a door and the sound of the axe hitting the door comes when he lifts the axe. It has been like this since the very start of my second playthrough. Said example just made it really obvious.

I own a PAL copy of the game. It's installed and played on a Xbox 360 S, 250gig harddrive of which 79gig are in use.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

All my online and offline stats have been reset to ZERO and it says I have not completed any levels - yet when I booted it up, it stated that it had found my savegame. This is a right pain, as I was only around 200 points away from rank 1! I have had no freezes, its worked perfectly up to this point. Is it possible I could get my stats back?

I cant really play it at all, if Im not sure this wont happen again...I cant seem to find anyone who has had the same problem, so its not likely there will be an update to sort it out! !

Right on Nick!
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Why does my rank keep resetting all the time?

Drojman, how often has it happened? Ive had it once, screw that if it happens again!

Everytime I quit Kane and Lynch, I come back and I'm rank 8 again .

Originally Posted by Drojman
    Everytime I quit Kane and Lynch, I come back and I'm rank 8 again .
    This happened to me but it was a very stupid mistake. I kept getting invited to party chats when the game started so I never did the action to load your hard drive.
    Also check to make sure there is saved data of DD on your hard drive.

Game isn't starting

Hi guys,

Every time I put the cd in my xbox it begins reading it but it doesn't start.
    After about a minute it keeps saying "Open tray". I only have this problem with kane&lynce2. I had played kane&lynce1 en that worked great. And all my other games still work. Why is my xbox not reading kane and lynch 2?

please post if you think you have a solution

Greetz from The Netherlands

I'm currently playing through the campaign on Extreme in online co-op with a friend from Belgium. He's hosting and I am experiencing terrible lag, despite both of us having a high-speed connection. It's almost unplayable.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Doing my second playthrough now, for fun on Easy. Just noticed the sound for cinematics & in-game scripted events are clearly out of sync.
    For instance: at one point, one of the team is axing down a door and the sound of the axe hitting the door comes when he lifts the axe. It has been like this since the very start of my second playthrough. Said example just made it really obvious.

I own a PAL copy of the game. It's installed and played on a Xbox 360 S, 250gig harddrive of which 79gig are in use.
    i noticed the axe out of sync the 1st time and 2nd time i played that bit (and any time i randomly play that level)
    really annoying and such a small thing to get so wrong :S
    "Like you're a ing saint."

yeah I noticed the axe issue as well....think I mentioned that though already in another post.

Originally Posted by HongChongPhooey
    Just wanted to say I am also experiencing some freezing on the
    Xbox 360 version but (touch wood) my game hasn't frozen completely yet.

first playthrough (solo, medium, steadycam off) and online etc was all fine, I am now playing it on extreme, solo and steadycam on (though i've had it off to see if it was that and it didn't make any difference) and this time I am experiencing the game 'sticking' or 'pausing' for a second when I shoot some people.
    99.9% of time it is with the shotgun, shooting exploding canisters etc also does this and it seems to happen alot with headshots. I shoot and before the enemy is hit the game will freeze for a second as if it has frozen, then, all at once - BOOM it is unfrozen and the enemy is hit or the explosion happens etc

Just thought I would post my experience incase it helps - hope there is a patch soon.

I haven't played it online since this bug started. will try it later.
    I second this. I have been receiving this issue for a few days now, after I completed a full playthrough of the single player campaign. It only seems to be when I get headshots, though. This makes it incredibly hard to play the game, as my game is lagging up for three seconds every time I shoot someone in the head.

EDIT: I see that a fix is incoming but I figured I'd add a little more data about my setup if that can help in any way:
    Xbox 360 "S" 250GB- three months old
    Playing through HDMI to a TV
    I experienced the issue both with and without the game installed to my HDD. (Have NOT tried to clear my cache to remove the autoupdate yet, though.)

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Yeah, we're pretty sure we nailed this one - it's achievement related. The patch is in submission with MS at the moment and we expect it out next week. Hopefully, it will fix the issue which is quite clearly a pain in the ass.
    I hate to post twice in a row, but thanks Nick for addressing this. I'm looking forward to seeing this getting patched so I can play the game without interruption. It was getting a bit unbearable for a minute there.

I hope the patch does come out this week as I have been avoiding playing the single player until it gets fixed, but the multiplayer has keeped me busy.

I see some retailers have dropped the price on this game already after only a WEEK! I paid £32 for mind on release so I don't mind, I guess reviews do make a difference after all :S regardless I love this game. Althought I haven't finished it yet andit may be super short, I don't know.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I suggest posting all technical issues you're experiencing with the game here. Be specific. I want the devs to help everyone out.

This thread is for the Xbox 360 version only.
    For the PS3 version, go here.
    For the PC version, go here.
    Il post this here, the post did get a lot of attention but what hoping for a sticky, seeing this i see its no point. Il post it here and il hope it helps.

----
    This list will grow, both with other players contribution and my self.
    Please feel free to respond and I will add it to my list.
    Add my gamertag : "Elion xTEAMx" and join me online
    I pick up new ideas and bugs from people i meet online so feel free to play with me. Most ideas and toughts here are NOT from me but from online players.

I made this list because i love games like this, that stands out from the mainstream boring print and repeat games (cod f.ex) and i would like to improve on the games i feel has a great value, by adding so little to already a extremely good game one can patch a good game to a perfect game.
    Not all game developers listens to their fans, but the few that do, they know their line of work. Contribute people! youre making games to just by talking about the game you love on the forums! ^^

It will also greatly help of you point out things you do agree with, then it might get patched.

Tips.
    - The game is to simple on normal or lower. I recomend a Hard or Extreme playtrough as its much more intense and one really do fear the enemy then. Makes a better game experience

- This game is no run and gun game its a shooter with intensity in the focus.
    The ai WILL react to blind fire and then take cover. So a lot more realistic shooting will suffice.
    Think swat and you will survive. you dont have a health bar here ^^

Bug

- Every coperative related bug is related to online and not singelplayer. Might be no bugs like this in splitscreen, and no freezes in singel player yet. Will confirm splitscreen later..
    - Coperative has a giant lag issue.
    - The human shield/hostage is useless, it dont protect at all in multiplayer OR in singel player and
    the cops "reaction" is not present
    - The game will freeze sometimes sadly, the only thing i notice is that the controller keeps shaking. It frooze on me under a normal shot beeing fired from a shotgun and once when i threw a gas can.
    When the game freezes in coperative it will mostly come back again. but then it stops the coperative server (xbox 360) Installing the game will not fix this.

- The shotgun freeze is already known for most people, but by shooting the shotgun in rapid sequense the game halts. unsure if it disconnect from multiplayer or /and coperative games.
    - Freeze problem also present in multiplayer, making one disconnect from the game.
    - By some reason on coperative my friend and my self carry weapons on our backs we DONT have in our inventory.. looks specially weird when one have a shotgun put on our back and already have an AK there. There is more to it we found out.some weapons dont show up at all in hand or on back (xbox 360)
    -Weapons cant always be seen by the player thats not the host, but the host can se them and pick them up. This is a serious bug that makes the second player hard to play as he runs out of ammo a lot.
    - Heavy explosions will STOP the game!! specially the demo level, Even in singel player this happens, in multiplayer it stops the hole server. this is a serious and repeating bug.
    Its connected to the amount of things happening, so might be to much for the game engine to handle when i shoot 4 cops at once or i use some form of explosives..

Improvements

- The ending would be a good start! give is a little bit more, cause that was a really bad job! an epilogue ?
    - The human shield/hostage is useless, it dont protect at all in multiplayer OR in single player and
    the cops "reaction" is not present.
    And what good is the throw? any use for it ?
    - The rules around cops and robbers miss some details like how and why people find the cop in the group always at once and what a cope has to advantage (if any ? )
    - Let us do more things in the lobby, see stats, change character appearance if its added . se rank and weapons and such.
    - Whats the point of the silencers? anyone ? should have som advantage, there is also no overview of power and stability and such stats for weapons. The silencer should maybe have some form of "plus" in the game . Even in singel player its useless...
    - The masks for the limited version of the game should have a custom character for the online option. so one can choose ones own look and mask and not have it at random. Will everyone be able to download masks later? And what about having more custom choices for the characters so one can choose a look. The player models are there, let us choose who we want to be.
    - Where is the total list of earned cash as the first game had? that was a blast.
    -The ranking system is confusing and lacks an overview, not all of them is actually known to all what is "good" and "bad".
    - There is talk about a ranking but , unkown for now, but it seems some people are losing rank, I my self think its a game design to lose rank when one play bad. Some mean that is not the case, any official word?
    -I do miss the M4 and the more classical guns to, the asian weapons give a more feeling of beieng cheap and not fun to use. Its like using a old axe in a roleplaying game while one rather want the golden one as mentioned by a fellow player^^
    - When in coperative and trying to revive a friend if there is a gun lying around close to the downed player the player cannot be revived cause the gun takes the action of swapping in stead of choosing to prioritize the revive action.

- There is no system link for coperative gameplay this could fix some players problems with lag in coperative.
    - The x that apears on every hit one have should have a on and off switch in the option screen also the blood should have a bit larger effect
    Also the headshot that sometimes makes the face "blooped" or what one call it is not actually any fun, it just looks odly weird , i know its the hand held camera style but still.

--------------
    The skill of the mind is best shown when hunting a prey....

Originally Posted by Baloo
    All my online and offline stats have been reset to ZERO and it says I have not completed any levels - yet when I booted it up, it stated that it had found my savegame. This is a right pain, as I was only around 200 points away from rank 1! I have had no freezes, its worked perfectly up to this point. Is it possible I could get my stats back?

I cant really play it at all, if Im not sure this wont happen again...I cant seem to find anyone who has had the same problem, so its not likely there will be an update to sort it out! !
    Yea my stats reset when i was nearly rank 3, any info from staff regarding a patch or any solution to this problem, i don't really wanna waste hours to have them reset again.

doggie bag achievements unlocking but not updating my gamerscore, (the only 2 i've got so far are Escape from the pound and K9-firepower)

i know this is affecting others and i've been told it's something to do with xbox.com not you guys so i am going to try a few things to rectify it, just thought i should let you know.

Thursday and still no patch
    The campaign is pretty much unplayable until they patch the freezing glitch.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last