Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: I'm not getting this game until the price drops.

I'm not getting this game until the price drops.

I'm not getting this game until the price drops.

Because there's making a short game and then there's cheating people out of their money.

Maybe when it's 30-40 dollars it'll be worth it. Until then, I would courteously like to extend the middle finger to whoever decided to pay off fans' years of patience and enduring the scorn of others for a game that only takes 5 hours to beat at the most, and only has 3 multiplayer modes with 6 maps.

I don't even care how good the game is, that's unacceptable. There are NES games longer than that. I would have accepted it being only a passable game but 7-8 hours like the first one, but this is just terrible and I doubt this is going to get many people to change their minds about this series.

Thanks, Eidos, for reading the complaints about the first game being too short and making the second game about 3-5 hours shorter. You bastards.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

yeah its only 3 hours and there are only 6 maps but still its K&L.
    You can get it for 30-40 bucks from ebay in a few days imo.
    signature image

Got mine for less then 35 pounds sterling. Reserve any judgement until you start playing I say. The game seems to of made some good impressions at least.

I thought it was worth the price. It's kind of like one of those things that while I was experiencing, it wasn't overly amazing, but after I beat it, it was still on my mind and all I wanted to do was play the campaign all over again. So take that as you will. I can understand you not wanting to buy it at full price, however.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Not only that, but I ask this question and no one has been able to answer it..
    "Ok when they say they are going to add new menu, maps, guns and more.
    Are they going to like let us upgrade and customize our weapons ? Because the only time you can buy a weapon is when you are waiting 12 seconds to go to the next stage. I find it really bad that you can't buy the guns and keep them. You constantly need to be buying it over and over. I would have loved for that to work in the Campaign to. I don't understand why they could not do that. Also the firing is a little weird in this game, and so are the weapons. I don't know if it's just me. I hope they fix that though because I really like the game. But I'm really hoping they would let us customize, buy and keep the weapons, that would have been really cool. Another I wonder is, why didn't they add character customization, or no grenades and rocket launchers, those kinds of destructible weapons. I hope people don't take this as a bad thing. I am just wondering why they left those things out."
    I like the game, but it's like I wish I would have waited for the reviews to buy it.
    I payed 60 bucks for this game man, I was really sad when I saw the game did not have any of those things I mentioned. I barely make enough money, and I saved up to buy this game because I thought it would have all that. Now, I've been regretting it and feeling like I got robbed off 60 bucks plus tax 65. I don't even want to sell the game because I wont even get half what I paid for it. Not even on ebay because of the fees and shipping all that stuff. But I finally learned my lesson never buy or pre-order a game no matter how sweet they put it, until the reviews for it, and peoples opinion of the game come out.

your wall-o-text is all nonsense.You want to customize your gun?go play CoD
    Arcade Mode World Leaderboards XBL
    #1 Radio Tower/#3 Fish Market

Originally Posted by hazeces
    Not only that, but I ask this question and no one has been able to answer it..
    "Ok when they say they are going to add new menu, maps, guns and more.
    Are they going to like let us upgrade and customize our weapons ? Because the only time you can buy a weapon is when you are waiting 12 seconds to go to the next stage. I find it really bad that you can't buy the guns and keep them. You constantly need to be buying it over and over. I would have loved for that to work in the Campaign to. I don't understand why they could not do that. Also the firing is a little weird in this game, and so are the weapons. I don't know if it's just me. I hope they fix that though because I really like the game. But I'm really hoping they would let us customize, buy and keep the weapons, that would have been really cool. Another I wonder is, why didn't they add character customization, or no grenades and rocket launchers, those kinds of destructible weapons. I hope people don't take this as a bad thing. I am just wondering why they left those things out."
    I like the game, but it's like I wish I would have waited for the reviews to buy it.
    I payed 60 bucks for this game man, I was really sad when I saw the game did not have any of those things I mentioned. I barely make enough money, and I saved up to buy this game because I thought it would have all that. Now, I've been regretting it and feeling like I got robbed off 60 bucks plus tax 65. I don't even want to sell the game because I wont even get half what I paid for it. Not even on ebay because of the fees and shipping all that stuff. But I finally learned my lesson never buy or pre-order a game no matter how sweet they put it, until the reviews for it, and peoples opinion of the game come out.
    I can even answer that. They wanted to have a different multiplayer experience than Modern Warfare, not copy it like everyone else does nowadays.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by SovietAmerika
    your wall-o-text is all nonsense.You want to customize your gun?go play CoD
    Dude what is your problem, every time I go into a thread which has something negative about the game you are there bashing people.. I did not say the game was bad I just said why I wish I would have waited for reviews before buying it. The game is good but it's not worth the 65 bucks. Are you rich ? do your mom and daddy buy you everything ? Guess what not everyone is like that. I have to work to make money and buy my own things. I also have bill to pay like others do. So just because I give my opinion about a game. You know what's also funny most of the people who say stuff like you probably feel the same way about the game and don't want to admit it, because they don't want to be reminded of how much they pay for a game that's not worth all that money. Anyway I already bought it. I will continue to play this game, because I do like it. But, like I said before I do regret paying the full price for it. I really don't care what anyone says from here on, because that's what freedom of speech is for. so whoever wants to bash me for what I said fine go ahead. But I won't pay no mind.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I can even answer that. They wanted to have a different multiplayer experience than Modern Warfare, not copy it like everyone else does nowadays.
    It doesnt have to be like modern warfare. But look at Army of Two: 2. They had customizable weapons and also unlock-able things which you had to look for in the game to make it more interesting. Find parts and stuff.

It doesnt have to be like modern warfare. But look at Army of Two: 2. They had customizable weapons and also unlock-able things which you had to look for in the game to make it more interesting. Find parts and stuff.
    Then go play that game. What you are asking for would make this game far too different.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Customizable weapons and stuff like grenade launchers wouldn't fit the game at all, and you'd have to change the entire structure of the multiplayer to accomodate the really heavy weapons and their effect on the games.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Customizable weapons and stuff like grenade launchers wouldn't fit the game at all, and you'd have to change the entire structure of the multiplayer to accomodate the really heavy weapons and their effect on the games.
    Hmm you are right about that... Well how about the character customization, that would have been pretty sweet. Do you think we are going to have to pay for thos DLC's ? Man that would hit me hard. Then I would have to wait to get them..

Character customization would have been okay, but I guess they wanted to give the FA characters actual identities. I mean, these guys have names, voices, and everything.

Can't understand the reasoning behind that choice, but it's interesting.

the reason you cant buy and keep guns is that it adds a next dimension to the MP.

1st round you all have the same equipment you all have the same chances, if all 8 of you make it to the escape vehicle you all get an even split lets say $200,000 as an example

2nd round you can now buy a gun so you do and it cost 50,000 but now you are in last place because everyone had the same amount of money and you spent some of it.

so the idea is to balance your weapon purchases with your total amount to try and have the most money at the end of 3 rounds

get it????

Originally Posted by Krooklyn Punk

the reason you cant buy and keep guns is that it adds a next dimension to the MP.

1st round you all have the same equipment you all have the same chances, if all 8 of you make it to the escape vehicle you all get an even split lets say $200,000 as an example

2nd round you can now buy a gun so you do and it cost 50,000 but now you are in last place because everyone had the same amount of money and you spent some of it.

so the idea is to balance your weapon purchases with your total amount to try and have the most money at the end of 3 rounds

get it????
    Cool Thanks Man... Now I understand how some ppl get to always be in first place.

Now, getting back on track.
    I bought the game at exactly 7:57 PM last night.
    Why?
    I recorded the time because it was on a huge clock in the Gamestop. And I bought Dog Days because I love the franchise.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

LOL so untrue. Because if you are a smart player you can have powerful weapons on match 1.

Originally Posted by somanynames
    LOL so untrue. Because if you are a smart player you can have powerful weapons on match 1.
    If you're a smart player you can outsmart others with the same guns, you know. Why give you advantage if you're already good?

Arrow

Ever since 2007 it's been deemed somewhat 'ok' in the game industry to make short single player campaigns , the only games left these days that can take you around twelve hours on each playthrough are either RPGs or Sandbox titles , liner shooters that can last for seven hours is considered as a miracle today , while there was a time where it needed to reach at least the twelve/sixteen hour mark ...

If gamers really want to change this system they have to stop buying games altogether ...
    Saying 'No' to just one game ain't going to change the system ...

And especially , you're saying 'No' to this particular game , of which the sole survival of its franchise rests on its sales ...
    I mean , killing off this franchise by not supporting it is not what you want to see , is it ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Yo Slash, Game is totally worth the price of admission for the Multiplayer alone..

I don't own the game yet, but my friend does... it took us a little under 6 hours to beat the campaign. That's without rushing, cutting corners, skipping cutscenes, etc...

So yeah, it's a short game. Probably not worth 49.99 ... I'm waiting for a price drop as well. I'm hoping for it to go on sale via Steam soon.

Thumbs Up

Kent , you already experienced what this whole game is about , thoroughly ... I say you can wait safely until it gets a five dollar price tag like Dead Men did , then you might consider buying it ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

not sure if this has been said but the game is £17.99 on play.com
    "Like you're a ing saint."

Personally, I don't care about the price proposition of games. If I get an incredible experience out of it, doesn't matter how much I paid.

Other people who've played it, is the experience amazingly memorable and worth taking? I had that with Splinter Cell: Conviction, had so much great moments and replayability to the missions.

play.com (uk) is selling it for 17.99 at the mo !!! rapid price drop lol

Page 1 of 2 12 Last