Thread: Tyrant Skill Idea

Tyrant Skill Idea

Lightbulb Tyrant Skill Idea

Hey guys
    Since I feel that the Tyrant lacks some variety in his loadouts I created a skill, which (in my opinion) fits the Tyrants brawler/tank-style quite well: The "Grapple". The idea is, that it initially works similiar to a fully charged melee attack, but when the enemy is hit, the Tyrant grabs him (in my imagination it kinda looks like the Tyrant's execution move). He is able to walk while the skill is active, but i feel that there should be a decrease of movement speed for the skills duration due to balancing issues. This way the Tyrant can take an enemy out of the fight for a moment, thus supporting his team. The "Grapple 4" is my attempt to make the Tyrant a little more tanky and supportive. Keep in mind that all numbers are just a quick guess of me (and I also don't know if something similiar has been posted before lol). Also please don't critisize my language, since English is not my mother tongue. Feel free to give constructive feedback!

- Moltenmarble

Grapple 1 (Normal)
    The Tyrant grabs an enemy for ~3 seconds, pressing the skill button a second time will smack the enemy into the ground, causing ~350 damage. If the Tyrant receives more than 300 damage during "Grapple 1" he'll let the enemy just fall down.

Grapple 2 (Multiple targets/Utility)
    The Tyrant grabs an enemy for ~3 seconds, pressing the skill button a second time will throw the enemy away, causing ~290 damage. If the thrown enemy collides with another enemy this player also receives ~90 damage. If the Tyrant receives more than 300 damage during "Grapple 2" he'll let the enemy just fall down.

Grapple 3 (Max. Damage)
    The Tyrant grabs an enemy for ~4 seconds, pressing the skill button a second time will smack the enemy into the ground, causing ~200 damage. While the Tyrant holds the enemy, the enemy receives 50 damage every second. If the Tyrant receives more than 300 damage during "Grapple 3" he'll let the enemy just fall down.

Grapple 4 (Max. Defense)
    The Tyrant grabs an enemy for ~5 seconds. As long as the Tyrant holds his enemy, he'll deal damage that increases over time (total of ~350 damage?). The Tyrant's damage taken is reduced by 50% while the skill is active. If the Tyrant receives more than a total of 500 damage (including absorbed damage) during "Grapple 4" he'll let the enemy just fall down. If the skill button is pressed a second time, the Tyrant also lets his enemy just fall down.
    Last edited by Persiphas; 3rd Apr 2014 at 15:42.

How about incorporating a short ranged version of the telekinesis that the Soul Reaver 1 Tyrants have. Maybe they could float the human up in the air (instead of grappling) and then punch it while suspended there to either throw it back into the ground or send it flying back similar to how you described above. Or maybe telekinetically crush the enemy so that it implodes like in Blood Omen 1.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I like the idea However, as long as the Turelim are not that much devolved, they might not have developed the telekinesis ability yet... Both ways seem possible to me, while my original idea maybe fits the momentary movement set better. But I would love to see Turelim with telekinesis! Maybe if you unlock the devolved skins....?

Originally Posted by Persiphas
    Since I feel that the Tyrant lacks some variety in his loadouts I created a skill, which (in my opinion) fits the Tyrants brawler/tank-style quite well: The "Grapple".
    That’d be awesome – it’d be amazing to be able to grab people and slam them to the floor like the finishing move – or have something like Kain’s BO2 grab where you could either choose to crush the persons throat or launch them

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    How about incorporating a short ranged version of the telekinesis that the Soul Reaver 1 Tyrants have.
    *faints* that would be pure win

Originally Posted by Persiphas
    I like the idea However, as long as the Turelim are not that much devolved, they might not have developed the telekinesis ability yet... Both ways seem possible to me, while my original idea maybe fits the momentary movement set better. But I would love to see Turelim with telekinesis! Maybe if you unlock the devolved skins....?
    The blog already says they're using their telekinesis to augment their strength, so I figured they had it, just at short range for now instead of the projectiles. Also, in SR1 the reason weapons floated into Raziels hand when he picked them up was to save adding a load of new animations. This type of thing could save Psyonix a lot of time.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The blog already says they're using their telekinesis to augment their strength, so I figured they had it, just at short range for now instead of the projectiles. Also, in SR1 the reason weapons floated into Raziels hand when he picked them up was to save adding a load of new animations. This type of thing could save Psyonix a lot of time.
    If telekinesis really goes with the Nosgoth lore it would be great to let the Turelim use it (although I really like how the Tyrant smacks his victim into the ground while executing^^). While thinking about telekinesis I just had an idea about some kind of midrange pull ability which triggers a relatively long global cooldown... However, if I had to choose I would really want to use a grapple move as Tyrant, with or without telekinesis.

OP there is a hint at a similar ability already. Last month I went through the game files just for a bit of fun and found several new items that hinted at future abilities we might get, we've figured out a few of them and I won't post all of them here (unless people want), but I'll post one of them here that may interest you.

Within there is a file named: Ability_ThrowPlayer

It's not the sentinel abilities, those are clearly labeled in the game files but this is in there to, of all the classes for such an ability Tyrant makes the most sense. Though reading your ideas did give me an idea, imagine a Tyrant grabbing a human and using them for a human shield, that would be fun!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

That sounds great! Good to see that the Devs are (possibly) already working on it The meatshield idea sounds awesome. I really appreciate every future skill that gives the opportunity to play a more support/tank focused Tyrant^^
    "There's some grim satisfaction in infuriating you." -Raziel

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Last month I went through the game files just for a bit of fun and found several new items that hinted at future abilities we might get, we've figured out a few of them and I won't post all of them here (unless people want
    i want these files
    signature image

How about incorporating a short ranged version of the telekinesis that the Soul Reaver 1 Tyrants have.
    That is something that I have been hoping for and (at one point) did a back & forth debate with another player who was against it out of fear it would be too op. It could replace the marathon/charge/jump, deliver the same amount of damage (plus knock back effect) as the marathon/charge, and with the same range as the charge.

You couldn't be able to control it once released so it would require directing aiming, where you have to see who you are targeting and they can see you. Attaching a charge time to it (Like there was in Soul Reaver 1)and require him to be stationary; throw in an automatic charge cancellation after receiving a degree of damage (plus vulnerability to stat effects like bolas, knives, or full drawn warbows) and it would be challenge enough to keep from being op.

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    i want these files
    Alright, here is the list of stuff that wasn't identified as belonging to one class or another currently just under a different name:

Ability_ FeignDeath
    Ability_Lifeleech
    Ability_MarkTarget
    Ability_Multitrap
    Ability_Sacrifice
    Ability_Teleport
    Ability_ThrowPlayer
    Armor_SneakHuman 2-5
    Inventory_MarkTarget
    SummonVampire_ARC
    SummonHuman_ARC
    Weapon_Barrage
    Weapon_LegSweep
    Weapon_Pistols
    Weapon_PoisonDart
    Weapon_PoisonShot
    Weapon_Whip
    Weapon_SlowTar
    Weapon_Snare
    Weapon_SnarePoison

The whip has since been identified as a skill hunters will get to pull vamps off walls, mark target is a future scout ability that marks a vampire so they're visible to allies and makes them take more damage, leg sweep I believe is the file for the kick reaver just got, and teleport may or may not be shadowstep.
    signature image

Originally Posted by ;94513
    That is something that I have been hoping for and (at one point) did a back & forth debate with another player who was against it out of fear it would be too op. It could replace the marathon/charge/jump, deliver the same amount of damage (plus knock back effect) as the marathon/charge, and with the same range as the charge.

You couldn't be able to control it once released so it would require directing aiming, where you have to see who you are targeting and they can see you. Attaching a charge time to it (Like there was in Soul Reaver 1)and require him to be stationary; throw in an automatic charge cancellation after receiving a degree of damage (plus vulnerability to stat effects like bolas, knives, or full drawn warbows) and it would be challenge enough to keep from being op.
    Just to clarify, I did not mean telekinisis as a projectile. Telekinisis is simply the ability to move things with your mind. They could use it in all sorts of other ways than shooting things.

The telekinetic crush move is like a sphere that srinks around the enemy causing it to implode. Another ability f the Tyrant shackles the enemies legs to the ground while using his physical strength to rip off it's arms? What about some sort of telekinetic orbs that float around the Turelim and chase any enemy that enters a 2 metre radius (that counts as short range, right).

Ability_ FeignDeath
    Ability_Lifeleech
    Ability_MarkTarget
    Ability_Multitrap
    Ability_Sacrifice
    Ability_Teleport
    Ability_ThrowPlayer
    Armor_SneakHuman 2-5
    Inventory_MarkTarget
    SummonVampire_ARC
    SummonHuman_ARC
    Weapon_Barrage
    Weapon_LegSweep
    Weapon_Pistols
    Weapon_PoisonDart
    Weapon_PoisonShot
    Weapon_Whip
    Weapon_SlowTar
    Weapon_Snare
    Weapon_SnarePoison
    SWEEEEEEEET nice find they sound pretty cool just from the titles - can't wait to see what they are - it's getting the noggin going

Pistols? What, no AK's or Uzi's? Well I hope they're only very early types like matchlock guns or something.

Some of the abilities look fun, but there are others that I thought would have been saved for new classes.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 4th Apr 2014 at 14:16.

Pistols? What, no AK's or Uzi's? Well I hope they're only very early types like matchlock guns or something.

Some of the abilities look fun, but there are others that I thought would have been saved for new classes.
    There are abilities for the Deceiver in the game files, that list above is by no means all the stuff that isn't implemented. I took the deceiver abilities out of that list, that is only stuff that's in the game files but we don't know where or when it's happening. The deceiver abilities we know already thanks to the livestream we just don't know when.
    signature image

IMO tyrants defiantly need love.
    I'd Love to see some of these implemented!
    signature image

There are abilities for the Deceiver in the game files, that list above is by no means all the stuff that isn't implemented. I took the deceiver abilities out of that list, that is only stuff that's in the game files but we don't know where or when it's happening. The deceiver abilities we know already thanks to the livestream we just don't know when.
    I was talking about the Rahabim and Melchiahim. Some of the abilities being given to the existing classes are ones I thought would suit those two better.

BTW, I find the Tyrant's charge move too difficult to aim (personal preference, so keep the original too) and would like to see a slower, but wider ranged version or maybe even regular walking/running speed with increased range. I think I mentioned telekinetically floating some rocks alongside him to achieve this.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 10th Apr 2014 at 13:18.