Thread: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Trivia and Tidbits Thread

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Trivia and Tidbits Thread

Wink

You know i always thought it was a bit awkward how come Mega64 never mentioned Kane & Lynch ...

Well turns out they did three years ago ... well alright it wasn't really about Kane & Lynch , but it's related ... i think you know ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVl7YU-R2e4

Edit: Wait a second , why did i posted this in the trivia thread ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

^ I laughed my ass off with that vid.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Thumbs Down

Ah , see ? i damm well knew it , the only way we're ever going to have a reply in this thread other than Grievous himself is if he puts something off topic , in this case a video from Mega64 ...

A Three Years Old One i might add ...

Damn it where's the nuke launch button when i need it ...
    It's usually easy to spot , big and blue and all ...

I've never seen that vid before.

Rolleyes

Me neither ...
    But that wasn't the point ! ...

*sneezes* ...

*uses Cleaning Lady plasmid*

Thumbs Up

Oh, look ! it cleaned up more trivias !...

- Dog Days is IO's first sequel to a franchise other than Hitman's.

- The 'dogs' from Dog Days marks the franchise's first animal appearances. The closest we've ever got in Dead Men was the rotating statue of the orange fox from Mini Ninjas.

- Glazer and his eight Expats may or may not be a nod to Far Cry 2's nine playable protagonists, who were also expat mercenaries. Meanwhile Kane bears a eerie resemblence to Far Cry 2's antagonist, The Jackal (especially if you picture Kane wielding a machete and having read Nietzsche). Furthermore, The Jackal was an arms dealer in Africa, while Kane's job was to carry a shipment of guns to Africa.

- Though Xiu called Lynch 'Lynchie' in the Reveal Trailer, the only person calling him that way in game was Glazer. Obviously suggesting that he was once Lynch's lover, and that they're basically bald and glasses wearing gay dudes (also note how he pushes Lynch, obviously a sign of some history going on).

Thumbs Up

Franchise Trademark: ending it like the Hitman did: the endings to both Kane & Lynch games bears similarities to Hitman games' endings.
    - Dead Men's Consequence ending features a rescue at the church and a graveyard shootout, like the endings of Silent Assassin and Blood Money respectively.
    - Dog Days ends with the two protagonists boarding a commercial airliner while escaping from the police, which is similar to that of Contracts' ending where 47 evades the French police and finds Diana in the plane. Both games are also regarded as the 'darkest' entry of their franchises.
    - So don't be surprised if Kane & Lynch III (if it is the final) ends in a asylum and or a 'white room', like in Codename 47, the first entry of the Hitman franchise, thus bringing it a marvelous 'full circle'.

Chapter IV: Laying Low
    - After escaping the restaurant, Lynch and Kane will see a police van through a window and comment on the police "sealing off the area". The van itself however is nowhere to be seen later on.

Big Grin

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Both games are also regarded as the 'darkest' entry of their franchises.
    HA ! Not to mention that half of Contracts was a remake of Codename 47, while Dog Days' storyline and gameplay scenario beared so much resemblence to Dead Men that we may also consider half of Dog Days as a remake of Dead Men ...
    Albeit that whereas Contracts was well received as a remake , Dog Days ... had a 'different' reception ...

Thumbs Up

- The opening cutscene of Chapter IV: Laying Low makes Lynch the first and thus far only character of the Kane & Lynch franchise to be seen 'eating' on-screen. Though, of course, one may also suggest that Lynch was already seen swallowing stuff in Dead Men. Specifically, his pills. Furthermore in Dog Days' Reveal Trailer Lynch was shown to be urinating, adding that with the fact that he was shown to have slept, and midway through the game he eventually cries, the accumulation of these 'normal' acts makes him the most 'humane' character of the franchise. Naturally, the irony being that he is a schizophrenic, categorised as a mentally ill individual, and therefore labelled as a "crazy psychopath".

Thumbs Up

- The opening cutscene of Chapter IV: Laying Low makes Lynch the first and thus far only character of the Kane & Lynch franchise to be seen 'eating' on-screen. Though, of course, one may also suggest that Lynch was already seen swallowing stuff in Dead Men. Specifically, his pills. Furthermore in Dog Days' Reveal Trailer Lynch was shown to be urinating, adding that with the fact that he was shown to have slept, and midway through the game he eventually cries, the accumulation of these 'normal' acts makes him the most 'humane' character of the franchise. Naturally, the irony being that he is a schizophrenic, categorised as a mentally ill individual, and therefore labelled as a "crazy psychopath".
    One of the most beautiful things you've ever written.

Arrow

I tend to make a eulogy out my life and its continuous struggle to maintain its sanity in a world that treats it as a malfunctioning product of insanity ...
    I tend to paint for myselves dramatic portraits, not hoping to justify my acts and thoughts, but using them as a warning to a system that bears no care for its mentally lynched citizens ...
    We are not alone, and we weren't even meant to exist in the tantalising dawns of a society but we are the signs of a world gone sick, so they will dispose of us, and that is wrong ... for the source of these issues, the heart of the system ... they won't touch it ...

And there will be more of us ...

Anywya ... one more useless trivia ...

- Funny how the the title of the two chapter Glazer appears in, The Details and The Deal, both starts with the letter D and E, and his outcome is that of a Dead man, Deceased all so suddenly, and Departed to soon to make his performance lengthy and worthy enough for a best actor in a supporting role oscar.

Exclamation

Hi , good news and bad news ...
    When i did my last playthrough of Dog Days i had a whole bunch of trivias to spout out , but as you can see i didn't post them right away ... as i simply didn't posted it ... i don't know ...
    So long story short , out of the thirty or so trivias that i had , i forgot one or maybe two of them ...
    But fear not , , in the days that had gone by , i managed to remember a handful more , so now it's over fourty trivias !! Jolly ain't it ? you loose one you gain five more ! ...
    Though , yeah , still no signs of the missing ones , lost in the dark backwards and abysm of my mind ... ... go look for it if you're interested ...

Anywya ...

Basically i made a Symphony of Music on my last playthrough with Dog Days ...
    Symphony of Music (working title) is when i play a game without the sound effects and voices (turning them off in the option menu , of course) , and only with the game's original soundtrack left activated (and in the case of IO's games , it's music + ambience track) ...

The result is quite interesting to say the least and i recommend it to anyone who has the slightest interest in the sound work ... plus you actually get to 'hear' Mona Mur's work this way , and it's all quite fascinating , the first chapter alone is astounding with every new turn you make there's a different piece of music , i found myself 'walking' instead of even slightly running foward during this playthrough ... ... ... well , for the first half of the game anywya , the sound work for the second half became a tad too 'minimalistic' in my opinion ...

Anywya , playing the game without the "Pew Pew Pew ARGH EURGH DIE!" sound effect allowed me to observe the game even more than before for some reason , i get to see and observe things that i either didn't noticed before or just didn't pay much attention , or even forgot to mention in this thread before ... Probably it's because i can focus this time around as i ain't getting my ears and patience knocked off by the same battlecries or things like that ...
    I also seemed to be better at the game , but that's another story ...

So here's no less than forty or so trivias , useless information , and occasional plot holes for out entertainment ...

In General

- The sound of the 'wind blowing' towards the camera whenever you run is part of the Ambience track. Interestingly, the sound of Lynch's tired breathing after running is part of the Sound Effect and not Voice, whereas the usual cries when being shot at is part of the Voice track.

- The game makes it clear that Lynch and Kane hadn't seen each other since the 'venezuela incident', of which Jenny was also part of it. We're therefore led to believe that the venezuela incident is the end of Dead Men, the first game. However this is quite awkward if one looks at the fact that not only is there a six issue comic book detailing the adventures of Lynch and Kane between the two games, but this serie was even announced and being made months before Dog Days came out. Rests to see if it will be a mere retcon, or if IO wouldn't consider the comics canon at all (so far the only reaction from IO towards the comic series is a couple of positive feedback left on their twitter account).

- The end credits shows that there are thirteen voice actors who worked in this game. The full cast of characters in Dog Days (the duo, the nine expats, xiu, brady, hsing, shangsi) is fifteen, not including the random civilians and police officers.

- If one thinks about it, a 'Doggie Bag' is a packaged container where you keep the leftover foods after dinner. And to quote wikipedia, "the name comes from the euphemistic pretense that the food will be given to the diner's pet, rather than eaten by a person."
    Make what you want out of it ...

- It's quite funny, pathetic or ironic depending on your taste, that no controversy of any kind surrounded the fact that in Arcade and Online modes player actually 'gain points' by killing police officers (and even double the points if it is a blurred headshot). The idea that players 'gain points' by killing cops was one of the main arguments that the misguided folks in real life had (and some even still are) criticized the Grand Theft Auto franchise for in their pursuit to justify the franchise was sheer evil. Now that we actually have a game that do reward points for killing representative of the law, nobody gives a .

- Franchise Trademark: third act gone wild: critics, gamers and some fans have voiced near similar criticism on both games' third act, with Dead Men's sudden jump from street shootouts to civil wars and jungle warfare, and Dog Days' brutal transition between running around neon covered streets to barren dock yards and exterminating entire garrisons of soldiers as if it was no different than shooting at dogs.

And as a side note i would like to express my disappointment over this entire community on their lack of will to study mandarin in order to read all the stuff that one can see in the game (and i'm especially looking at one of our brother whom i Know he is surely capable of reading chinese) ...

I mean common , it's not like we've only got two lines of chinese in the entire game , there's a bunch of them in every chapter , and Chapter V alone had entire scriptures in the bedrooms , surely they must be carrying some secret to another level of spiritual enlightenment ...

Chapter I: Welcome to Shanghai
    - Among one of the first things you see as the chapter starts up is a camera sway on a yellow pannel with a phone number ending with '447'.

- As Lynch greets Kane, watch for the pedestrian walking by the left, he'll pass the protagonists and even turn his head and give a look at them. The pedestrian is worthy of interest due to the fact that he is holding a black briefcase, or to be more precise, a near-identical briefcase to the ones Kane was chasing after in Dead Men.

- Franchise Trademark: he Is a murderer: Lynch is once again the first character to be seen holding a firearm.

- Kane can be heard coughing a couple of times in this chapter, but rarely if ever for some reason for the rest of the game.

- At scene where the woman almost hit Lynch with her car, before following Brady down to the undeground shops turn around and look at the shop right behind you. It says "Blind persons massage" and it is apprently open "24 hours" per day, yet it is closed. Players may see another of this massage parlor later in the last section of Chapter III, and it is still closed. As a side note apparently such blind persons massage parlor does exist in Shanghai, if the fact that it appears as the two first result when searching for 'blind person massage' on Google.

- At least one ungrateful player has encountered Brady standing casually in the first section of the dvd shops.

- At the end of the first dvd section shootout, when Lynch comments that Glazer "is going to be pissed", look at the dvd boxes on the left stand. The boxarts are a bunch of artwork and screenshots from Dead Men and the Hitman franchise, and there's even a big blue box that appears to be a definitive collection of Hitman. You can find these fake dvds in the rest of the underground dvd shops as well.

- As you reach the fish market you can see a couple of boxes that are identical to the ones manufactured in Hsing's warehouse in Chapter III.

- Before going down the stairs when you reach the fish market look to the right, you'll see that there's another section of a market located there, but you can't access it. What makes this unaccessible section interesting however is the fact that there is a gas cannister located there, and you can shoot it but blowing it up makes no difference. Eventually as you pursuit Brady you'll find a wall made of ice blocks that is blocking your way from entering this section of the market. Tossing six explosive cannisters at it does no effect, the ice would not blow up, let alone melt. There is also a bunch of big fishes dangling around in the freezers, but shooting at them just makes them shift back and forth and causing vibration to the controller, and doesn't unclock any kart racing mini game, or something like that.

Chapter II: The Details
    - When you run down the highway after Glazer's limo there's a thug that will pop up and shot you from the right causing you to enter 'down not dead' as the truck slams into the limo. However, if the player 'walks' when reaching the end of the highway (run down until you see the white lines on the road, then stop running) then when the thug shoots at the player, it will still do its minimal damage, however it will not throw you to the ground (which could be a nice trick if player wants to run up to the truck and pull out the trailer stunt more easliy, or just wanting to look cool as Lynch eats away the bullets without flinching now).

- Franchise Trademark: you're always someone's puppet: not only does the second chapter of both games acts as an introduction to Lynch's employer (The7/Glazer), destructable mannequin are present in both chapters as well. Left to be used as target practice in the Mall in Dead Men, and posed in front of a glass on the second floor opposite the construction site in the end of the chapter in Dog Days.

Chapter III: Blood, Sweat and Tears
    - As you navigate through the sweat shop you can see some grey colored suit that may look just like the one Lynch wears at the end of the game. There's a possibility that the duo might have returned to the (now-deserted) Hsing warehouse as a temporary hiding spot after the assault on Shangsi's tower.

- Tommy and Mitchell are for some reason the only two Expat who carries a weapon different than the others. Tommy with a pistol, and Mitchell with the priviledge of wielding a shotgun.

- As you enter Hsing's warehouse, observe the splendid scripted animation as Jean literally walks through a stack of boxes. Now that's a frenchman ...

- In order to fit his perfect stereotype as the underworld crime boss, Hsing has a shotgun placed right under his desk. It is not known why he didn't pull it out and shoot Lynch and Kane in the face when they first walking into his office.

- Hsing's secretary really left the scene after Lynch tells her to 'beat it'. This is pretty unusal for NPCs to 'disappear' in the franchise, especially in Dog Days.

- After stopping the van and killing the cops in the warehouse but before you leave it, look down from the left side at the van. You can see the Expats still sitting quite casually in it, and shooting at them will only cause blood to spat out but to no effect. (that said ... check out the last trivia on this post for Chapter XI) ...

- The second part of the restaurant shootout is one of the rare, if not only occasion where the NPC Kane would use a explosive canister on his own.

- Forget about the fact that the restaurant had no front entrances or other people dinning in it, just look at the portable fridges, not one bottle of beer in them.

- Before Lynch and Kane reaches the abandonned construction yard, Lynch will answer to Kane that Xiu is alright, followed by "she Has To Be". The way Lynch says it bears a striking resemblence to Kane back in Dead Men when he said the same thing when asked about Jenny's well being.

- That helicopter that flies above the duo disappears completely as it flies to the other end of the site, and never reappers in the rest of the game.

Chapter V: Coming Home
    - Just like when Lynch says "she has to be", the line "if they touch her i'll kill them all" is just like what Kane says back in Dead Men when he made his promise over his wife's grave and when confronting the Brothers near the end. This all adds up to the statement that the story of Dog Days IS Dead Men but with Lynch taking all the grieving instead of Kane, who in turn takes the role of the profitarian bastard.

- As you reach the doorstep of Lynch's home, don't head into the living room just yet. Look on the floor at this front entrance. There are at least Thirteen Pair Of Shoes, most of them being sneakers, which is not what Lynch wears. And so the idea that Lynch went into the wrong house is still valid ... thirteen pair of shoes ? oh is it all for Xiu ? ... damn i didn't remember buying that many pair of sneakers for my wives ...

- IF the handgun Kane uses to point at Hsing at the end of the chapter Is the same handgun that Lynch gave to Kane at the beginning of Chapter I, then this is one mighty cursed gun. For with it, Kane shot Shangsi's daughter, which led to Brady to commit suicide and Shangsi ordering Hsing and his private armed force to track down the duo, causing much annoyance to Glazer, and finally leading to Xiu's death. Or, you can blame it all on Lynch for giving Kane a handgun in the first place.

Chapter VI: A Thousand Cuts
    - Contrary than what one might think, the high pitched and seemingly muffled gasp we hear when Lynch kills Hsing isn't Hsing's scream but rather Kane's tired gasp as one can already hear that muffled sound before Lynch jumps at Hsing. Furthermore, the subtitle indicates that Kane is the one who is 'speaking', showing a ellipses.

- Lynch scream as he sees Xiu is the single longest Line in the entire Kane & Lynch franchise despite not having any intelligible words in it. Though the scream is only quite audible at the beginning, you can hear the rest of the roar mumbling if you turn the volume up, or you can activate and look at the subtitles to see if Lynch is still 'talking' or not, and see for how long it goes.

- It is quite humorous actually to see Kane saying, with a meaningful tone, that "the dead don't care" during the TV shop cutscene, because this was the entire basis of his own revenge crusade in Dead Men, as he swore to protect Jenny over his wife's grave, which means the killings of Retomoto and all of The7. Then again in this same cutscene, Kane adds "Believe me, i know" to the previous line. Perhaps this is indeed the sign of Kane's disillusionment, as he saw that saving his daughter provoked more anger from her than any other kind feelings, and that, in the end, things didn't really change for him. So the killings were futile, and indeed, "the dead don't care".

Chapter VII: The Deal
    - If one thinks about it, it doesn't make much sense as to why the sniper would choose to shoot Glazer, a harmless man crawling on the floor, instead of making a shot at Lynch and Kane, especially considering that Glazer wasn't exactly hiding any valuable information that Lynch and Kane weren't suppose to know. One may then think that the sniper didn't take a shot at the duo because Shangsi wanted to capture them alive, but if that's the case, then why did the legion of soldiers Lynch and Kane encounters minutes later all proceeds to shoot the duo on sight with zero tolerance? So, even after killing Glazer, the sniper could have continued shooting and kill Lynch and Kane, but instead decides to run away. This is either a plot hole, or what we have here is a sniper that actually fears for his own life.

Chapter VIII: Out of Shanghai
    - Again, if one thinks about it, the cellphone of which Lynch accidently dialed in the loading dialog screen, came out of nowhere. As far as we know after being tortured and running around the streets naked, Lynch and Kane found some unfitting clothes and then proceed to the docks for the deal. So, unless during this quest of finding clothings Lynch managed to also snatch a cellphone, it had no reason to be in Lynch's pocket (or maybe it was already in that jacket Lynch is wearing).

- Near the end of the chapter, after encountering the cops for the first time and before the sniper on top of the moving crane, there's a blue colored board outside the building where you faced off the cops that is heavily outdated. The blue board seems to a pannel of information cocerning a construction period of three hundred and eighty days bewteen November eleventh and November twenty fifth of the year after. What is wrong with these dates is the years themselves, which are 2005 and 2006. Assuming that the events of Kane & Lynch games takes place around the same time the game came out, the information on this board is nearly Four Years Old.
    That, or, the story of this franchise does take place years before the game themselves came out.

Chapter IX: Air Strike
    - This is the only chapter in Dog Days that doesn't have any music in it (though given the circumstances, it's understandable). Furthermore, this chapter doesn't carry any 'ambience' sound of its own, for the only ambience sound we can hear in this chapter is that of the wind blowing against that piece of cloth dangling on the chopper, which is a similar sound to that when the player starts running on foot.

- When facing against the first chopper duel, Kane will tell Lynch that it is "kill or be killed". Interestingly, 'Kill or be Killed' is the name given to the trophy/achievement for completing Chapter X, of which it ends with Lynch shooting at Shangsi, against Kane's wishes and much to his anger.

- After the first chopper duel you'll see that it will crash down the restaurant that you encounter later on in the next chapter, however there's a goof in the direction from which the chopper crashes. After the duel you'll see that the chopper will crash through the right side of the building (which is natural considering where the duel ended), but then in Chapter X you'll see that the chopper clearly landed through the opposite side of the building, and not like if it actually 'slided' to the other side, otherwise the window structures would have been destroyed, which wasn't the case.

- Similarly, the 'damages' you make to Shangsi's tower bears no consequence to the setpiece in the ensuing chapter. One clear test is at the end of the chapter during the second chopper duel, take out the middle chinese letter at the top of the skyscraper (there are five of them, so it's the third one). Then when you play the following chapter you'll see that the same huge chinese letter you tore to pieces is standing again.

Chapter X: Resurrection
    - For some reason, the chopper from which you emerge in the beginning of this chapter is considerably smaller than the one you just flew in the previous chapter, as that one had two seperate doors which allowed Lynch and Kane to occupy each of them, and yet here the chopper only has the space for one open door. It's not like if the chopper broke into two pieces as you can see that it is still virtually intact, but just smaller.

- Though it's still a mystery what it is that Shangsi's enterprise seems to be working on, you can look on the brandings at the bottom of their portraits on the wall or even at the product themselves on their display window. You'll see that they're all branded "valob&alien". On the product at the window display you may even find a line of gibberish words that accompanys the logo (keeping the sniper rifle from the beginning helps to see the name more easily).

- Though Dog Days doesn't end in a jungle warfare like Dead Men did, it is still worth remarking that the set decoration of the last shootout just before encountering Shangsi, is that of a greenish jungle, with stuffed animals in pairs all around. The fact that we're in a 'artifical' jungle actually fits with the overall perspective of the game as it is shown through the eyes of a tourist camera: things that we see are real, even for those that aren't 'real'.

- Among the stuffed animals is a couple of pairs of Kangaroos. Kangaroos are funny looking animals with a pocket that can fit baby kangaroos and other nuclear devices, and it is most commonly associated with Australia. Lynch's brand new improvised jacket just happens to feature the continent of Australia on its glorious back.

Chapter XI: One Way Ticket
    - The idea that Lynch and Kane might have spent some time after the aftermath of Shangsi's tower hiding in the sewer hole they start out in this chapter isn't so far fetched when you can see two noodle bolls on the floor in that corridor you start in. Though later on one may find even slices of pizzas and other junks all over the sewer system, so it's probably just some re-used skins.

- As you traverse the airport runaway, the ambience track shows the sound of birds chirping for some reason, while the time is near that of midnight.

- Mitchell was not among the Expats left to kill in the hangar. Now either this is scripted in all games, meaning that Mitchell was never meant to be there (as he possibly died in the van in Chapter III), Or, this actually bears a consequence from the aftermath of that chapter, meaning whether the player manages to kill off the Expats or not. One will have to pay attention next time.

Lightbulb

- Near the end of the chapter, after encountering the cops for the first time and before the sniper on top of the moving crane, there's a blue colored board outside the building where you faced off the cops that is heavily outdated. The blue board seems to a pannel of information cocerning a construction period of three hundred and eighty days bewteen November eleventh and November twenty fifth of the year after. What is wrong with these dates is the years themselves, which are 2005 and 2006. Assuming that the events of Kane & Lynch games takes place around the same time the game came out, the information on this board is nearly Four Years Old.
    That, or, the story of this franchise does take place years before the game themselves came out.
    - Just before you exit the kitchen and engage your first shootout, take a look at the calendar on the left wall of the kitchen. Though it's too small to get a good look at the date, you can see that the year on the top left corner seems to be showing 2008, or perhaps even 2006, but it's definitly not 2010.

- Next time you watch the "You think you can kill me" trailer in High Quality, watch the truck scene at the end of the trailer (and if you can, watch it frame by frame). You'll see that, as Lynch pass by the truck, it reveals that behind the truck is a group of five/six NPCs standing stiff still and seemingly glued to each other. It's possible that when the trailer was made it wasn't using the final version of the game, nevertheless in the retail version enemy NPCs do 'magically' spawn if you run by the truck and went to the other end of the street (something of which the game didn't assumed you would do), as well as the random cars and cabs suddenly beginning to move and run you over mercilessly.
    In fact you can just say that the scripting nature of the truck scene didn't made much sense anywya ... what was Glazer's limo doing in the middle of the crossroad ? why did the civilian truck slammed over the limo ? (then again you may suppose that the truck couldn't break immediately as it rolls down the highway) and where did the other traffic vehicles come from if all roads were blocked ? ...

Lightbulb

- The number '47' does appear actually in quite a number of places, and sometimes even disguising itself as '74'. But since it can be spotted in so many places it actually looses its charm, so from now on we shall worship the number '21'.

- The 'dogs' only appear in Four chapters in the campaign (II, III, VI and XI), and there are only Six of them to shoot at. Four and Six, not Seven. (conspiracy theorist affirms that the seventh one is in the eight hour missing content).

- When the van arrives and the Expats attempts to enter it, player can actually shoot and kill a couple of these expats before they enter the vehicle, though it doesn't seem to affect the outcome in the last chapter.

Chapter VI: A thousand cuts
    - From this chapter onward to the end of the game, Lynch will always have a blood stain coming off from the left side of his face, and not one drop of blood on the right. This may be a reference to the iconic scene from second trailer of Dead Men, where Lynch toys with his pill bottle, with a visibly red stain of blood on the left side of his face.

Chapter VII: The Deal
    - Bud's character skin is used by three NPCs during the first section of this chapter. Which is weird that a character skin is re-used thrice but only on the same spot, instead of usually dispersing them all over a level.

- It is curious to see that Shangsi's board room is all shot up while during their helicopter drive-by in the previous chapter Lynch and Kane never flew by the board room, they only made a quick stop in front of the library, which is the opposite end of the board chamber. So it's safe to assume that Shangsi probably shot up the room himself while patiently waiting for Lynch and Kane to drop by. That or Shangsi's helicopter pilots wanted to 'secure' a safe place for Shangsi to stay in, so they shot up the chamber to make sure that it is secure.

Chapter XI: One way ticket
    - Mitchell was indeed not present in the hangar.
    - When running for the plane, the event that soldiers from inside the airport will fire at Lynch and Kane seems to be a random one, since it doesn't occur in every playthrough.
    - Quite funny that just before entering the last section of the game Lynch says "This will never end". Though the line itself has some dramatic importance, it's just that it couldn't have been better placed than forty seven seconds before the game's completion.

Cool

Damn , i mean i remember that each weapon available for purchase in Arcade and Online modes had a small history that goes with it , and i've read it before , but ... i didn't exactly 'read' it properly , i guess ...
    Or maybe i just contended in playing the matches and earning trophies , and i never bought the guns anywya , so ...

Here's some of the interesting tidbit learned from the 'stories of the guns' ...
    (actually by 'some' i mean all of them , since there aren't exactly a hundred of these to grow through , and those i will not list are those that carry nothing of interest on its own , asside from the fact that they're found in real-life locations in Shanghai) ...

Tidbits, useless informations, and Events that didn't occured in Dog Days (which were surely part of the eight hour missing content ... damn this gorilla !) ...

- The N 77P standard issue police hand gun was confiscated from a Eight year old. This 'boy' joins Kane's son and the children in Lynch's audio flashbacks as the youngest characters to exist in the Kane & Lynch universe.

- The public toilet of Mali Lu seems to be a ideal place for gangsters to hide their handguns, as the european origin Doretta Silenced and the pre-world war II russian origin DD 33 handguns were both in the same place. Meanwhile the Wasteland Hawk desert eagle was "retrieved in building site near Mali Lu".

- The customised Nianshi 226 handgun was confiscated from a "Mr. Hwang". Mister Hwang is therefor the only character from Dog Days we can't attribute a face to, despite knowing his name.

- The US army SM45 handgun was "believed to have been stolen from a US Gulf War Depot". The supposed-origin of this handgun marks the first indirect mention of the Middle-East in the Kane & Lynch franchise. (unless Peter Stack talked about it once ... then again it's not like there are more than three people in this community who actually remembers who 'Peter Stack' was) ...

- The revolver shotgun TOQ Model 66X was "taken in a street brawl between two drunken Expats". A 'TOQ Model' 18 shotgun was also seized from drunken Expats, though this time it wasn't in a street brawl, but during a bar brawl.

- One of the submachine guns was found on the scene of "Lu Xiun Undeground Tech Market Massacre". 'Lu Xiun' could be named after Lu Xun, a left wing writer who resided in Shanghai, and a park was then dedicated to him, which contains the writer's remains.

- The special US import TOQ Model 18 shotgun was seized from "drunken Expat in bar brawl". In the campaign Mitchell was the only Expat seen using this same shotgun, and not a single one of Glazer's thug was seen wielding this shotgun (though some do wield the sawn off version, the Nianshi 40XR).

- The italian origin Gras 12 shotgun was "seized by customs from an unknown Expat, who managed to escape during the arrest". None of the known Expats seemed to be of italian origin, meanwhile Lynch could be seen wielding the Gras 12 shotgun in a couple screenshots released early on for Dog Days (set in the restaurant in Chapter IV). Naturally, the shotgun was not available in the campaign.

- The american origin RTS shotgun was, once again, "confiscated from UK Expats". The fact that at least three shotguns were confiscated from Expats could explain why there were only so few of them seen wielding shotguns during the campaign, as they might have realized that the size of such shotguns isn't quite handy for their businesses.

- The Nianshi 500 Silenced submachine gun was found on a road side near 'The Bund', which is a real place in Shanghai.

- The police standard Nianishi 700 submachine gun was 'obtained' (odd choice of words for the recovery of a police issue weapon) during a "raid at Glazer's penthouse on Kim Lu". The fact that Glazer had a penthouse and that we never got to visit it, let alone witness the raid, is most disappointing, and riots will spread all over IO's headquarter.

- The Desert Spider submachine gun was acquired from "a Mr. Lynch" during his arrest for 'G.B.H.', also known as 'Grievous Bodily Harm'. What is interesting is that G.B.H. is a term mostly used in British Law, and the sentences for a man convicted for Grievous Bodily Harm mostly demands imprisonment, of which we can assume Lynch didn't exactly partake.

- Kane & Lynch unhinged fan 'gnrGrievous' reportedly had found the meaning/purpose as well as reaching the finest accomplishment of his life as the word "grievous" was now Officially related to Lynch, his (bizare choice) personal idol and his vision of god incarnated, and had a heart attack following his epiphany. Much to the dismay of many, he didn't succomb to his heart attack. There truly is no god in this world.

- The Buqiang 900 assault rifle was seized from a Dutch businessman from customs, and as we all know, there's only one Dog, i mean, Dutch Man, amongst us.

- The TOQ Model Four submachine gun was then "obtained during a larger arms raid on a Dutch businessman". And we can assume it's the same Man.

- It should be noted since some weapons that are available for the Expats to purchase are only recovered 'after' the events of Dog Days, and therefor, after the dissolution of Glazer's expats, it suggests that once again, the events of Fragile Alliance took place in a parallel universe to that of the Kane & Lynch storyline. That, or, the weapon description are just a mere easter egg, and the events of Fragile Alliance Did occured within the same universe.

- Brady's real name is revealed to be Li Lung. Say hi once more to our untalkative friend. (this video is really a classic) ...

- Glazer's driver that accompanies you through the chapter is called Roy Wayne, as his handgun, the awkwardly named 'KL Viper' was confiscated from the "well-known hoodlum chauffer for a Mr Glazer". As a side note it is interesting that it says "for a" Mr Glazer, as if they didn't knew who Glazer was, despite having raided his penthouse.

- The european origin Doretta handgun was confiscated "from a Mr Tommy Brown". It is safe to assume that it is the same Tommy as the Expat. Also, since his name is Brown, it could be a minor reference to the 1992 film Reservoir Dogs, where the character Mister 'Brown' gets shot by a bullet in the head, just like how Tommy died in this chapter.

- Hsing's front is apparently called 'Sunny Jean'.

- The Nianshi 40XR shotgun was found in the Sunny Jean factory. Though many of Hsing's thugs was wielding this shotgun, we can pretend that this 'specific' shotgun retrived by the police is Hsing's own personnal shotgun, the one located under his desk in his office.

- The Buqinag 300BP shotgun was also said to be confiscated in Hsing's Sunny Jean factory. However player could only see and acquire this shotgun in Chapter VII, when the soldiers showed up.

- The TOQ SBR custom made submachine gun was apparently "found in the aftermath of the Shuang Xi Restaurant massacre", though of course neither Lynch Kane nor the Swat officers had it. Conspiracy theorist claims that its the chefs who had the weapon, why else would they be gagged and tied up?

Chapter V: Coming Home
    - Considering this chapter took place in a apartment complee where a 'gang incident' occured, it's possible that the name of the apartment complex is 'Golden Flower'. But then again, the PAC 10 Silenced submachine gun was found in the Golden Flower, and yet the weapon itself never appeared during the campaign.

- The harbor where the chapter takes place in is called PuDong. Which exists in the real Shanghai.

- The N 77P Silenced pistol was found in the Pu Dong Harbor, though silenced pistol can only be acquired in the last chapter, and it's not the same pistol model.

- The Buqiang 800 Scoped (sniper rifle) available for purchase was found after the "South Harbor Massacre". Assuming this is the same harbor the chapter takes place in (edit: it is the same docks), then this sniper rifle could only be the one used by the sniper on top of the crane at the train yard.

- The TOQ Model Four Silenced submachine gun was found in the Dock A of Southern Harbor in Pu Dong area, confirming it is the same docks. And, as you've noticed the trend, it wasn't in the campaign.

- The Kaliningrad 74 assault rifle is reported to be found on the rail tracks following the captures of Lynch and Kane. Funny thing about this is that the assault rifle itself is nowhere to be found within this chapter. The only way Lynch and Kane would be carrying this assault rifle is if they had take if from the expats from the previous chapter, and kept it all the way to the end of this chapter.

- The Buqiang 900 scoped assault rifle was found in the aftermath of the "Shangsi Tower Incident". This rifle was nowhere to be seen in the entire campaign, let alone in this chapter.

And since we're in a closest gun related discussions , you lot might as well get properly acquainted with the International Movie Firearm Data Base pages for Dog Days and Dead Men and get your shit straight with the made-up names for the guns in Dog Days ... (and yes , it suggest that Kane & Lynch , along with a bunch of other video games , are also 'movies') ...
    Some of our dear brothers contributed to it , heavily , so raise your awes and so forth to our own bunch of Hephestoses ...

I found Ditlev, he's a concept artist for IOI, but somehow he didn't work on DD, you can see for yourself the infamous Ditlev poster among his works.

^ Talented fellow.

Wow, this is incredibly fascinating.
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

Question

Which is ? ...

The whole thread ? ...
    The fact that only one mad person made ninety nine percent of the contribution ? ...
    The fact that what that mad person says was unimpressive compare to those concept artworks ? ...
    The smell of this place ? ...
    The fact that these are the amount of stuff that came out of a four hours short game , so it's in a way 'fascinating' ? ...
    Something else ? ...
    Or is it your own cameos that is fascinating ? ...

We're just conducting a quick survey with people that haven't stayed in this forum for too long , to test our own sanity compare to those of the 'outside world' ...
    You can have a muffin or candies if you want , or your favorite bag of money ...

Anywyas , more useless information ...

- When you reach the dinning hall, pick up the explosive cannister and try to throw it out the building from the blown out windows. You'll see that there is an invisible wall blocking it from being thrown out.

Arcade and Online maps
    - Though you can't buy the DLC locked weapons if you hadn't unlock it with the DLC, the A.I. Expats will occasionally use them (Bud and Mitchel most frequently uses either the submachine gun or the shotgun, though it's quite random), and if the Expat dies (or if you kill them), you can pick up the dropped DLC weapon and use it, but only for the remainder of the round (the Expat will sometime re-buy it for the next round, and you can kill them off again and pick up their guns).

- The clocks in the Subway map shows ten past ten, just like in the offices in Shangsi's tower.

- The truck that helps the Expat by slaming into the money van at the beginning of the Harbor map has no driver in it.

- Also on the Harbor map, if you jump down to the van from where it fell, you will die instantly. This is also one of the rare locations in the Kane & Lynch franchise where the character can fall from high places, and the only one in Dog Days.

- In the Financial map, the white jewlery store in the center of the map is called "Xiyue", which pronounces just like Xiu, Lynch's girlfriend And the only named female character in Dog Days, which makes it appropriate that right above the jewlery store is this huge and mesmerazing close up photo of a woman's eye. Also, right next to the "Xiyue" name is two chinese letters, it is quite simply "Shanghai" in chinese.

About the clocks, it's an industry standard to set them to ten past ten, it's a simmetric thing wich is plesant to the eye; you can see everywhere.

Wink

Sure, but it does stand out a bit from the decor, especially in the tower when the real time was barely nine o'clock, as if Lynch and Kane were in a twilight zone...

Speaking of twilight zones, the camera that follows the duo around actually has a 'body' of its own... or at least it appears to be due to programming purposes...
    It only occurred to me by accidents so for all we know it could have been just a bug...
    Basically when Lynch dies on top of a set of stairs, such as in The Deal and Resurrection, with his back facing the stairs, the camera (which was now floating on the stairs) will tumble down, as if you were the one who rolled down the steps...
    T'was quite immersive..

Anywya, got a question for those who had the Doggie Bag, is there a dog to kill in each map?...
    I have doubts about a dog present in the Highrise skyscraper, hence the question...

Oh and by the way another doubt just sprung out, was there a dog in the Bridge map? i remember for the others but not this one...

Sure, but it does stand out a bit from the decor, especially in the tower when the real time was barely nine o'clock, as if Lynch and Kane were in a twilight zone...
    That's probably because the level designer, or the prop designer weren't aware of what time it should've been.

Lightbulb

Maybe , anywya , it does look very plesant to look at ... ... ... holy smokes it almost sucked me right into the twilight zone ! ...

- Franchise Trademark: you're always someone's puppet: not only does the second chapter of both games acts as an introduction to Lynch's employer (The7/Glazer), destructable mannequin are present in both chapters as well. Left to be used as target practice in the Mall in Dead Men, and posed in front of a glass on the second floor opposite the construction site in the end of the chapter in Dog Days.
    Also, the only time Lynch's boss had a phone in hand on-screen in both games was during the second chapter, the cellphone the Younger Brother gave to Lynch so that he can make his phonecall every day, and the bluetooth earpiece used by Glazer to contact the rescue party.

Thumbs Up New Taiwan dollar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Taiwan_dollar

Let's Kane & Lynch escape to Taiwan , IO . (Kane&Lynch 2.5)

Then I'll say "Welcome to Taiwan !"
    i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !

Page 9 of 11 First First ... 567891011 Last