Thread: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Trivia and Tidbits Thread

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Trivia and Tidbits Thread

It's so secret that even the government refuse to spy on us, because it would be so *** pointless!

We can plot to overthrow Obama, or the Queen. Launch a attack on the pentagon! Oh the possibilitys!

Lynch's throat was sliced, from the very bottom of his left jaw, not sure how far down though, Lynch squeeled like a little girl and it went black.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

I say: nuke earth. Obliterate our ghastly existence. For a perfect world.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Save the world. Kill yourself.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

That's ... shortsighted. No more Hydrophobia for you.

N..n..no more Hydrophobia?

Wink

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    So I notice that besides myself, there are only like 5 other people who comment.....not even the mods, come on!
    Not to mention that three of these six peoples are only rolling all over the floor here ...

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I say: nuke earth. Obliterate our ghastly existence. For a perfect world.
    And what the hell is this new trend of yours to repeat stuff to i say , but say it as if it was Your idea all along ...

Non mais , oh ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Be quiet. Copycat.

Exclamation

The search for Grievous' true identity continues ! ...

After Asian , Turk , Gook , Keizer-Soze , Trophy Addict , Monkey , Gengis Khan , Charlie , here comes Copycat ...

Just what the hell is he ? ...

Tune in in forty seven seconds to find out !!!! ...

Bomb New Jersey!

And to think Garden State was one of my favorite movies...

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    And to think Garden State was one of my favorite movies...
    I guess its tough to be a fruit in the Garden State.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    The search for Grievous' true identity continues ! ...

After Asian , Turk , Gook , Keizer-Soze , Trophy Addict , Monkey , Gengis Khan , Charlie , here comes Copycat ...

Just what the hell is he ? ...

Tune in in forty seven seconds to find out !!!! ...
    Never heard of Keizer-soze.

But yeah, Jap hole.

Cool

I am Hiroshima ! ...

Arrow

Chapter I: Welcome to Shanghai

- Throughout this chapter you'll come across a couple of TV showing official screenshots of The Mizuki chapter from Dead Men.
    Originally Posted by TheMoD
    Also there's an easteregg in the very beginning of dog days, inside bradys apartment, on the tv screen, there are pictures from the mizuki level from dead men :O
    Originally Posted by UhUh
    The tv in Brady's apartment is showing DeadMen's screenshots.
    - The idea that one can see 'footage' of the protagonists themselves Within the same universe of the story could be a slight nod to the 2007 "Hitman" film, where at one point the protagonist, Agent 47, sees two kids playing the game Blood Money, and thus he sees himself, on TV.

Or this could also be the third and final homage to a Rockstar game , in this case it'll be for The Fall of Max Payne , the 2003 sequel to Max Payne ...
    In that game the protagonist can listen and watch a couple of short excerpt from the game's universe's TV shows , which plotlines was intentionally meant to reflect that of the protagonist's own journey ...

But i doubt it ... it's too different to be the same kind of trivias ...

No ... the third homage to a Rockstar game still out there , somewhere ...

We must find it ! ...

No ... the third homage to a Rockstar game still out there , somewhere ...

We must find it ! ...
    Brutal torture scene in the hideout of a mid-level gang boss because of events that were out of the protagonist's control?
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Brutal torture scene in the hideout of a mid-level gang boss because of events that were out of the protagonist's control?

*pause* ...

... ... ... ... ...

.............................................................................

MY GAWD ! one of my favorite games of all time and i couldn't make the *** connection , shame on me ...

GET OVER HERE YOU ,
    YOU NEED A KISS ...
    BIG TIME ...

That's alright. I'm fine over here. One the other side of the internet. No need to get closer.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Cool

Well that's it then , The Three Homage to Rockstar Games in Dog Days has been uncovered and devoured by its unhinged fans ...
    Now we can lock this thread , and ignite my space station for we are heading to Outer Space ! ...

In Summary (just some copy pastes only for those who just happen to read this post first and doesn't want to find the rest of the topic for these specific trivias) ...
    (PS: shame on you , if you just happen to drop in here , instead of reading it all from the beginning) ...

Homage to "The Lost and Damned".

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    - Specifically at one point in The Lost and Damned the protagonists gets tortured due to a culmination of unfortunate events which started right back off the start of the game, much like what happened for Lynch and Kane in Dog Days.
    Also resembling is the fact that the 'gang boss' who organizes the torture happens to be an old business associated of the protagonist's boss, who in turn, becomes an enemy to the protagonist himself.
    And final resembling coincidence is the aftermath of this torture: the protagonists looses their supposed wealth as well as one of their very close friends, and are subsequently forced, after the obligatory rampage of course, to exile from the city where it all happened.

Homage(s) to "Manhunt".

- Both games uses a 'grainy filter' in purpose for its overall narrative style. Also, both games shares the theme of an invisible eye/camera following the protagonist around during their rampage in the span of a couple of nights.

Chapter VIII: Out of Shanghai

- When the chapter begins you can see a couple of police cars and vans 'blocking' the path the duo used to arrive in this location, but there are no traces of actual policeman in that area. This is similar to the last act of Manhunt, where several police and swat vans are used to block out paths in the streets, regardless of whether actual policemen were found in the vicinity of these vehicles or not.

- This chapter ends with Lynch and Kane being surrounded and captured by Shanghsi's special task force at a train yard, this is more than identical to one of Manhunt last levels, where the protagonist fought his way against corrupt officers of the law in a trainyard, and was finally captured by the antagonist's private elite troopers. Also (and this one really takes the cake), this particular level of Manhunt and this chapter from Dog Days ends in a Identical fashion: one of the special troopers, approaches the 'camera' and disables it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzomHBBoVXw ...

- After this chapter, Lynch and Kane were captured, and now being brought back to Shanghsi's headquarter (or at least, goes to its vicinity), and for some unexplained reasons, the duo weren't killed right there and then in the trainyard. In Manhunt, after the level in the trainyard, the protagonist was captured, and brought back to the Big Bad's headquarter, and again for some unexplained reasons, the protagonist wasn't killed right there and then in the trainyard, despite the fact that the soldiers planed to kill the man anywya once they reached the vicinity of the Big Bad's headquarter. Goes without saying that in both games, the protagonists uses this act of stupidity to overcome their captors, killed most if not all of the antagonist's private band of elite troopers, and confronts the man himself in his office, where a 'visual screen' was located (Starkwheater's TV monitors and Shanghsi's conference room screen), reinforcing the theme of the whole event of both games being a 'video'.
    Complement to the Manhunt homage
    - Perhaps it is noteworthy that both Manhunt II and Dead Men, while not only both came out in late 2007 along with a 'average' reception, both also shared a similar sequence where the protagonist 'executes' an antagonist with a shovel while standing next to the corpse of the protagonist's wife. This matter of coincidence could have inspired IO Interactive to make a 'direct' homage to Manhunt with Dog Days. Rest to see if Rockstar will 'return' the homage with Manhunt III (that is if another sequel to Manhunt ever sees the light of day, of course).
    Homage to "Vice City Stories".

Chapter X: Resurrection
    - The entire plot premise of this and the previous chapter shares too many similarities with Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories' last mission. By the end of Vice City Stories the protagonist uses a military helicopter to assault the antagonist's headquarters, a impenetrable skyscraper, to avenge the recent death of his loved one. After clearing up the two top floors from goons firing machine guns and RPGs the helicopter gets shot down, the protagonist then made a quick landing on the roof and proceeded to clean up the remaining guards in the skyscraper on foot, there was even a enemy helicopter that shows up and the protagonist had to destroy it while still killing goons in the building. Finally the protagonist confronts and kills his nemesis with a desert eagle handgun. The only difference between Vice City Stories' last mission and these two chapters from Dog Days is that whereas it was the protagonist's goal to eliminate his nemesis, Lynch and Kane only find themself assaulting Shanghsi's fortress by 'accident'.

- As another reference to Vice City Stories, it is somewhat 'suggested' that the protagonist's loved one gets raped by one of the antagonist. The difference here being that the girl dies soon after in Dog Days, while in Rockstar's game the girl gets to live for a couple of days, before bitting the bullet.

Big Grin

After the 'Similar Plotline Situations' that we've (and by We i mean ME) already gone through throughout the thread ...
    Today i realized a bunch of 'Similar Gameplay Situations' in both games ...

Chapter III: Blood, Sweat and Tears

- Just like in Dead Men's Third Chapter, Withdrawal, there's an escape van that crashes into the area. However unlike in Dead Men where you had to board the van, in Dog Days you have to destroy it.

Chapter IV: Laying Low

- Just like in Dead Men's Fourth Chapter, Cracking Up, the entire chapter focuses on killing cops that just happened to be on your way. Note as well the similarity in that the last section of the fourth chapter in both games has the player facing off against Swat officers.

- The fourth chapter in both Dead Men and Dog Days also features a 'big' explosion (van crash/kitchen gas tanks).

- No Mercy: the supporting character mercelissly executes a harmless cop in a semi-scripted moment. In Dead Men it was Lynch who would walk up to a police woman, bleeding to her death while begging for mercy, and pump a couple of shotgun rounds on her torso. In Dog Days it is now Kane who will casually 'run and gun' a police officer who was already kneeling down on the floor, rifle already laid down before Lynch's feet.

- Perhaps it is finally worth considering that both titles, 'Cracking Up' and 'Laying Low', aren't so different either (grammatically speaking).

Chapter V: Coming Home

- I haz hostages, goodie goodie: the Fifth chapter in both Dead Men and Dog Days ends with a cutscene where one character holds a female character as a hostage. Also, both female characters are Asian.

Chapter IX: Airstrike

- The Ninth chapter in Dead Men, Retomoto Tower, also dealt with a skyscraper.

Chapter X: Resurrection

- Most people will probably agree that the Tenth chapter in both games (Tokyo Streets for Dead Men) were the ones where the 'adrenaline' tension were at its highest in their respective games.

Alright , now this following 'trivia' is going to based on my personnal opinion ...

Which means that it is absolute Fact , since i'm pretty sure no one is going to even listen to my point of view , let alone to refute it ...

Epilogs

For starters here's some definition of an 'epilogue' found on the internet:
    - A short addition or concluding section at the end of a literary work, often dealing with the future of its characters. Also called afterword.
    - a short postscript to any literary work, such as a brief description of the fates of the characters in a novel
    - the final section of a literary work, often added by way of explanation, comment, etc.
    - a closing speech in a play, often delivered after the completion of the main action.
    If we are to apply this to a video game, we best replace any 'text' with gameplay segments.

In the case of the Kane & Lynch franchise, the Epilog Is indeed the last chapter in both games.

Dead Men's ending is focused on the notion of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', which means that neither choices that Kane makes can actually be a 'right' one. In fact, considering how Dog Days didn't help choose a canon ending for Dead Men supports the idea that the 'ending' of Dead Men is not the choices themselves, but rather the last moment of Chapter XV: Choice: the moment where Kane has to make a choice (in other words, the end credit might as well roll right there, for the choices themselves are unimportant to the dramatic narration).
    And thus, both the Helicopter Escape and The Consequences could be viewed as epilogs to Dead Men, rather than Ending A and Ending B.

As for Dog Days, well, this is "Lynch's story", isn't it?
    And who do you get to play as in the game's last chapter? Santa's evil twin brother, in other words, Not-Lynch.
    Let's not forget of course the 'reason' why players gets to play as Kane in the last chapter: a common interpretation amongst fans is that basically "it's Kane's idea to steal the plane. That's the moment in game where Kane takes matter in his own hands. That's why."
    This can also support the idea that up until Chapter XI, Dog Days was the story of how Lynch manages to 'sort out' the mess he finds himself in to, by just killing everything on sight. This 'plan' therefor 'ends' with the death of Shangsi, the one and only Big Boss, with his death, so is the need for revenge, and thus Lynch's Dog Days is over.
    Chapter XI: One way ticket, however, deals with the idea that the duo Must leave Shanghai, and what for? to survive? to live? to lead up to a third-game? ...

In fact, imagine for yourself that the end credits starts rolling after Lynch kills Shanghsi, and then, after the credits have rolled up, the game suddenly continues (the video camera starts up again, or something along the likes) with players finding themselves controlling Kane, and running around in a airport runaway.

In the meantime i vote myself for president of planet earth, children will need not to learn nonsensical lessons about cutting up frogs or analysing a random paragraph from a book that nobody reads for pleasure ... No ...
    Children will learn nothing but Kane & Lynch , from start to finish , from praising the game to analyzing the political circomstances that lead to its downfall(s) , and , really , the world would be a much better place this way ...

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Oh lord , missed one ...

Chapter III: Blood, Sweat and Tears

- Reversed situation: Trial of the dead: in Dead Men's second chapter Kane was brought in by two members of The7 and presented to the four survivors of the original group. And now in Dog Days, it is Lynch and Kane who brings Hsing towards the four surviving expats of this skirmish, however, luck never follows Lynch and Kane as they instantly becomes the new target for the expats.

It's sad Charlie, you're trying to find meaning in all of this. It's like trying to read the bible and telling someone that it actually means something.

^ I love this guy

Unhappy

Bu bu bu bu but the symbolism , art and drama ... it Has To Be REAL !!!!! ...

The bible ... it's inside the game !!! ... WAKE UP ...

Dead Men is a different story, we're talking about Dog Days here...a bad fan fiction probably written by one of Slash buddies.

Wink

Ah , but for Dog Days i wasn't exactly giving meaning For the game ...

PS:

Page 7 of 11 First First ... 34567891011 Last