Thread: Reviews

Reviews

Documentary style my but! It's BS you hear me? BS!

I suggest you do some research and try the demo before buying a game.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

And I suggest you take a look at realism when compared to this game! In real life if someone were to shoot someone in the head , a stupid censor box would not appear over their head. And I don't see film grain when I'm walking around. Again if Eidos does not fix this , I will write them a letter!

lol

Yep I'm lolling at how rediciulous this game is. What is eidos filled with a bunch of wusses now?

yeah, damn typical euro***s censoring everything, they should play barbie adventures.

Hey! You're right; Kane & Lynch 2 is not realistic because of censored headshots. And also the fact that Kane & Lynch don't go to the hospital after getting shot. You're absolutely right! This game is not realistic at all! False advertisement!

/sarcasm

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by UhUh
    yeah, damn typical euro***s censoring everything, they should play barbie adventures.
    Yeah! ha ha ha ha

I believe UhUh was being sarcastic as well, lad.

Look I'm not hear to cause trouble and I apoligize if I came acrossed harsh. But all I'm saying is that I don't like the headshot censoring and that I believe they should add an option where you can toggle it on and off. I wish there was a way to contact them and give them my thoughts.

you arse

This is my first post here so might as well go for it lol

How STUPID are you people....???????????????

Its how it was meant to be played....censorships got SOD all to do with it...how old are you people anyway that are complaining...even old enough to play this????? probably not.....your ignorance betrays your ages I think....you all sound like my 15 year old nephew....why not blood?, why is it all grainy?why is there no rocket launchers????..........you just sound absolutely pathetic.

For all its issues the first game was superb and just bought it again in anticipation for tomorrows european release. I personally really enjoyed the demo of Dog Days, playing it on all difficulties and got approx 5 hours out of it and I've still to play the full game so I aint complaining about nothing....might tomorrow after purchasing it lol, but I doubt it.....it was always going to be a day one for me......bring on K&L 3 and I haven't even played 2 yet.

Its an adult shooter for ADULTS.....get over it COD generation.

Originally Posted by KaneAndLynchFan1988
    Look I'm not hear to cause trouble and I apoligize if I came acrossed harsh. But all I'm saying is that I don't like the headshot censoring and that I believe they should add an option where you can toggle it on and off. I wish there was a way to contact them and give them my thoughts.
    We are very aware of your thoughts. However, as explained elsewhere, we are not changing the mosaics. It's part of the style ad the experience - maybe it's not for everyone but that's okay.

Originally Posted by monzmeg
    Its an adult shooter for ADULTS.....get over it COD generation.
    For an "adult", you seem to lack the proper skills to detect sarcasm.

yeah sorry about that

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    For an "adult", you seem to lack the proper skills to detect sarcasm.
    Guilty as charged

I have edited it ...sorry UhUh.....some of the folks complaining about the style are really

I agree with you. Had they been following K&L2 from the start, they would've known about IO's intentions with the visual style. And even then there's plenty of info floating about on the net and there's a public demo...
    K&L2 will always be known as the first game to feature this unique style, it would be ridiculous to switch it off.

I agree with you. Had they been following K&L2 from the start, they would've known about IO's intentions with the visual style. And even then there's plenty of info floating about on the net and there's a public demo...
    K&L2 will always be known as the first game to feature this unique style, it would be ridiculous to switch it off.
    Hey Mr Gordon, thanks for setting me straight earlier lol......Kane and Lynch, as far as I'm concerned are probably the most creative anti-heroes this entire console generation......as ridiculous an idea of switching it off is.....they may want to consider the option for the K&L 3 as I think this alone is going to seriously effect sales, as pathetic as that might sound.

No Mr. required, lad. I'm just a regular fan/user like everyone else here.

And, once again, I agree; people like options. But I do think that K&L2 would look rather dull without the current visual style...

No Mr. required, lad. I'm just a regular fan/user like everyone else here.

And, once again, I agree; people like options. But I do think that K&L2 would look rather dull without the current visual style...
    ok no more Mr, sir .......most definately.......just bought the first one again to play through before getting K&L2 tomorrow and I miss all the filters lol....

IO need to bring out an update for Dead men to give it the same effect....that would be amazing and would probably boost sales as well and give some extra oomph to advertising K&L2

How about it IO???????

New thread is a calling I think.

theGamer Talks Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days | First Impressions | 08-18-2010

Hey guys,

We have done a small talk show on our first impressions of K&L 2: Dog Days. Let us know what you think about it.

http://tiny.cc/t5bcg

Our full review comes out next week.

Thanks,

Farious

LOVE the Amon Tobin intro, Farious! Looking forward to the review!

And I suggest you take a look at realism when compared to this game!
    Oh boy, here we go.

In real life if someone were to shoot someone in the head , a stupid censor box would not appear over their head.
    And in real life, I don't need a controller to move around and do my daily routine. What on earth was the logic behind this?

And I don't see film grain when I'm walking around.
    So, then, do you admit to viewing yourself in the third person? Didn't seem have a complaint against that, champ!

Again if Eidos does not fix this , I will write them a letter!
    They can't fix an individual's imbecility. If you were unaware of the game's aesthetic style, and controls that cater to a more hardcore crowd, then that is entirely your fault for being ignorant enough for not having played the demo to get a glimpse of what the game promises, or at the very least, read up on some previews (or even reviews now that the game is out.)

I for one, am amazed by the camera work, and the negitive reinforcement executed by the controls. What I mean by this is that you are not expected to fire an SMG and hope to see a straight line of bullets. THAT isn't realistic, and you'll get torn apart by enemy fire. Instead, it gives you many instances to learn from your mistakes without having them hold your hand. Running and gunning doesn't always work; in fact, one of the best strategies is to simply approach with caution, while tapping Fire, controlling your spread and making sure that bullet goes where you want it to go.

It's games like these that truly separate the hardcore gamer from the rest of the pack.

@A-non-E-moose- agree 100%

@Monzmeg leave dead men alone. I'm sorry but the first one beats the second one , yet I keep the second one... Why? I'll never know. But okay whatever , don't change it. Keep the stupid grain effect and the stupid headshot censoring. Make the game look like it's for wusses who can't handle blood and gore! It should be called Kane And Lynch 2: Wuss Days or Kane And Lynch 2: Censor Days. Mafia 2 is so gonna kick the crap out of this game. Kane And Lynch Dead Men is so much cooler. And A-non-E-moose did you just bash my opinion of this game? Hilarious I like you guys already. Especially you guys at eidos who have managed to ruin the kane and lynch with this grain effect and censoring crap and the stupid camera shaking

Exclamation Complete idiocy.

Keep the stupid grain effect and the stupid headshot censoring. Make the game look like it's for wusses who can't handle blood and gore! It should be called Kane And Lynch 2: Wuss Days or Kane And Lynch 2: Censor Days. Mafia 2 is so gonna kick the crap out of this game.
    I seriously just want something painfully terrible to happen to you, like right now.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Wink

Originally Posted by UhUh
    Thanks for the review Scarlet, but I don't understand why you spend so much time describing the game(wich it's done in every review) and didn't address why it was good (wich isn't in every review).

About the story you say

Now, I'm thankfull you didn't spoil it, but can't you tell us why did you enjoy it?
    Well because it's so short and there's so much happening, a single sentence would ruin some of the game's surprises, which some reviews and/or video previews did for me. I think I adressed why I liked it quite a lot there, when I talked about the concepts that made up the franchise and the new concepts they've introduced in the second game.
    That's the kind of review I'd enjoy, why spoil any of the experiences that have been setup for every individual to enjoy, when I can talk about the mechanics and gameplay, atmosphere that make the experience what it is?

Page 5 of 11 First First 123456789 ... Last