Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Reviews

Reviews

It looks like K&L2 is getting some pretty bad scores.
    However, I am not too concerned as I really enjoyed the first title. There are also quite a few scores in the 70-80% range (with even a couple of 90% scores!!!).

There is also the fact that I really enjoyed the demo, so it is still a day one purchase for me. From what I have seen so far, I find it hard to believe that a website can award it a 1 out of 10! There are not many games out there that are really that bad. At least I know that is a website to ignore. They probably have something against realistic\gritty action games, hated the first one & made their minds up before even playing it. Shame on them!

I am also happy with a 7-8 hour campaign. I will be playing the campaign via online co-op and will probably have a few run throughs.
    [EDIT] I have just read from another post that the campaign is about 3.5 hours. Looks like we will have to take out time and take in the scenery
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Originally Posted by Blue Skies
    It looks like K&L2 is getting some pretty bad scores.
    However, I am not too concerned as I really enjoyed the first title. There are also quite a few scores in the 70-80% range (with even a couple of 90% scores!!!).

There is also the fact that I really enjoyed the demo, so it is still a day one purchase for me. From what I have seen so far, I find it hard to believe that a website can award it a 1 out of 10! There are not many games out there that are really that bad. At least I know that is a website to ignore. They probably have something against realistic\gritty action games, hated the first one & made their minds up before even playing it. Shame on them!

I am also happy with a 7-8 hour campaign. I will be playing the campaign via online co-op and will probably have a few run throughs.
    About the reviews, I don't trust anyone and certainly not the so-called "critics." I apologize if that seems rude or unfair, but a lot of this reviews are completely bias and not objective towards reviewing games. It's completely rediculous. I've seen, one moment, a site give a game a 9/10 and the next moment sites giving the same game 5/10's, 6/10's - who is there to believe?

The answer: Trust your gut. These forums are great to get the knowledge of how long the campaign is, and I think if someone says it is 3 hours you need to ask their pace. Did they speed-run the campaign or take their time?

I'll admit however, I'd like to hear the game to be officially arond 12-15 hours. But I am so excited for the multiplayer aspect of this game - it was unexpectedly so addicting in the demo version

I will also be playing multiple times in singleplayer
    BOVGTV - TV For Gamers: http://www.bovgtv.com | http://www.youtube.com/bestofvideogames
    Sure, I Play Online @ PSN ID: ThomasBros | Xbox Live Gamertag: BOVG

This is all very displeasing to hear.

I think the most frightening apsect is the length of the Single-Player Campaign.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

I'll still get it, but if it really is 3-5 hours you're probably going to see a new YouTube video of me yelling into my webcam, because paying 60 bucks for 4 hours of campaign is bull, especially when you can buy games like, say, Deadly Premonition and get way more meat in the story, as well as a ton of sidequests, for a third of the price. I don't care how pretty the game is or how good the mechanics are- that is not worth 60 bucks. I shouldn't be able to beat a game in the same time it would take me to watch the Kill Bill movies. Even Heavenly Sword was longer than this.

And multiplayer does not make that worth it. 6 maps, 3 modes. You know what had way more modes and maps, as well as a campaign that was a bit longer and more varied? Modern Warfare 2. Which came out around a year ago. Arcade does not make it worth it either, since that's multiplayer with bots instead of people.

I thought Jeff's review was rather fair. The Destructoid article was total , however. The bias was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I can't believe Jim hated it

Big Grin

Originally Posted by SlashPrower

I thought Jeff's review was rather fair. The Destructoid article was total , however. The bias was so thick you could cut it with a knife.
    Despite the credibility of that review, it was pretty damned funny readin'.
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Originally Posted by KnightRobby
    So how long did you think you played the game before the credits started to role? *curious*
    3 hours 10mins on
    signature image

So is Dead Men's campaign longer than Dog Day's?

I thought Dead Men had a decent sized campaign, shame about the jungle levels, they sucked.

That Ripten review was awesome!
    ~The Emu hath landed~

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    So is Dead Men's campaign longer than Dog Day's?

I thought Dead Men had a decent sized campaign, shame about the jungle levels, they sucked.
    well i finished dead men around 12 hours at my first playtrough but i gotta admit i took my time to look around longer in dead men. In Dog Days the first 5 levels are worth checking around but then they are all dark,nothing to see (dont want to spoil).
    and in my 3 hours 10 min playtrough i really died a lot, mostly when i got bored and wanted a human shield,died with a headshot and game froze 4-5 times and i didnt rush it at all.
    signature image

G4tv says:

EDITOR’S NOTE: This game inadvertently was posted with a “4 out of 5” score due to an unfortunate technical error. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
    real score is 3/5

link: http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/57271...g-Days/review/
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Metacritic translates the B- given by 1up as a 6,7/10, but the mod here translates it as an 8,2.

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    Wow I didn't think anyone on these forums would actually change their mind about buying the game just because of some reviews...
    , , , , . I gotta get off these forums and just go pick up my copy.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

The game was doomed from the start, in terms of what sort of scores it was going to get. Certain people don't like Kane and Lynch; you had to assume that the negative opnion that seems to permeate the collective consciousness of the video game media was going to severely color their respective experiences with the game.

IOI did a great job with this one, and I hope they learn from it and the critiques they receive. Good luck on the next one, guys.

Gamespot review here (6.5/10)
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

It's really funny to see how these critics contradict each other. One says the weapons feel weak while another one states they pack quite a punch. One says the campaign takes more than 5 hours, one says it's less than 4.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Reviews = entertainment. I make up my own mind. I love Naughty Bear.

Naughty Bear is a guilt pleasure, but it's definitely not worth more than 10 bucks.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Agreed.

EDIT: Remember the Destructoid K&L2 Demo preview? That one was also written by Jim Sterling. Check here for preview.

Gamespot gives an 6.5
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...tabs%3Breviews
    edit: sorry didnt see it was posted
    signature image

The Gamespot review is surprisingly factual. Same goes for Gerstman's Giantbomb review (I like it how he hints at his past at Gamespot).
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

NonsenseGamer

It's a fairly new site, but NonsenseGamer gave it a 9.

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    The Gamespot review is surprisingly factual. Same goes for Gerstman's Giantbomb review (I like it how he hints at his past at Gamespot).
    he didnt hint it, he literally mention it by saying. sequel for Dead men, you know the UGLY UGLY Game er
    signature image

Just a thought:

Trust yourself and not the reviewers and critics!
    BOVGTV - TV For Gamers: http://www.bovgtv.com | http://www.youtube.com/bestofvideogames
    Sure, I Play Online @ PSN ID: ThomasBros | Xbox Live Gamertag: BOVG

How about my review - BattleStrats

I also did a video review of the campaign and will have a multiplayer vdeo review by tommorrow

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last