Page 11 of 11 First First ... 7891011

Thread: Reviews

Reviews

Rolleyes

Tapping , slapping , clapping ... now poked ...

The end is nigh , ain't it ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I caught some references to the Scott Pilgrim game in there.

And by some references, I mean the style of the entire picture is a reference to the game.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

the Washington Times review reads more like an Eidos press release but offers some juicy quotes:

Two reprehensible and morally bankrupt bums return to wreak vengeance upon Shanghai's filthy and corrupt underworld in this ugly third-person shooter.
    << back of the box material? oh yes.

This bloody, ultraviolent, profanity-riddled affair offers an uncomfortable view of ugly men who have lost their humanity. It's a brutal game to play that requires a good hand and eyewash just to feel clean after the near-continuous firefights.
    LOL
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Arrow

They haven't lost their humanity yet , on the contrary , they're fighting on because they believe they're still some hope left ... that belief keeps them alive ...

Otherwise they would have sat down and shot themselves , which might happen one day , but not yet ...

Stop nitpicking and get back to your trivia/tidbits thread and do FA I love reading that stuff..
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Big Grin

HOLY SMOKES ! ...
    You ! You reminded me of something i keep on forgetting to update in the trivia page ! ...
    Plus i believe you may have a few words to add about it ...

Also , I shall use to opportunity to appologize for the awkward content of the last twenty posts on that trivia page ...

Then again no , it's the Dog Man's fault ...
    Then again ... no , i blame humanity in general ...
    Including myself ...

This game is Evil ...

Rolleyes

A couple more positive reviews ... however it's from sites you've never heard of ...

http://www.gameuber.com/kane-lynch-2-dog-days-review
    So, Dog Days is a stunning return to form for IO, who have delivered a surprisingly solid and fantastically atmospheric crime shooter, and their best work since Hitman: Blood Money. If you thought the franchise had died with the first game, think again, as to ignore Kane & Lynch 2 would be criminal.
    http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g732.htm
    The multiplayer segments are perhaps the finest part of the overall package, and do make it worth at least trying out. Furthermore, if you warmed to the original, then this follow-up is undoubtedly better.

But it's a long way from where it should be, and there's still that feeling that all concerned had their eyes on a much bigger prize: namely that big movie deal. For Kane & Lynch 2 has tremendous moments to it, but it punches below its weight.

A solid action game, but once again, there was potential here for a lot more than we got. Very cinematic, terrific to watch, but fairly ordinary to actually play. Has 'written for the movie version' all over it.

Spoilers
    I was really disappointed when I played Dog Day's there was nothing going on with that story and dead men was way better. Dog day's took every thing that was good about the game out. On Dead Men straight from the door you find out that the seven are going to kill kane's family if He does not get this money, setting the stakes high and keeping you in to it but with Dog Days nothing Lynch trying to save Xiu but the game doesn't make feel anything you simply don't care about any thing that happens. Not saying that Dead men was perfect, far from it the gameplay was completely awful cause of that cover sytem. what kept me into it was the fragile alliance the gritty and tragic story was very unique. Dog days gunplay was nice but it got repetitive real quick it didn't have any balance to the gameplay.
    I like Dead men but dog days was a disappointment...Just felt like saying that.

I just thought this was funny.
    Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    Redo the entire game because you didn't like it? Sure thing, bro. IO will have it out by spring 2011 (Now with more multiplayer rainbow pimp guns)
    I really did want some kind of Pimp gun or Gold plated as a preorder bonus you know something special separate me from every one else like they did on gears of war.

Originally Posted by MADEWITHROBOTS

So.....Kane Vs Lynch would basically play out a bit like Cops And Robbers? One team 'doing the heist' and the other team spawning, like the cops do, and trying to stop them.....

And a horde mode? While it could, in theory, work (and perhaps be fun at least for a while) taking away the heists and betrayals is to take away the things that make K&L multiplayer so unique.

So.....no?
    these are in responds to something I wrote in my redo it thread.
    Online Arcade Mode is a must should be added
    think they should just drop the price of this game real low $25 $30 to get Kane and lynch out there than make this updated version people trade in their copies so they'll only have to pay $20

Lightbulb

Some guy said on another forum that he bought a copy of Dog Days , brand new sealed , for five euros ...

I think he was lying ...

My personal Kane & Lynch dog days review:

So yeah...i had to play through Alan wake first before i started on Dog days, I did get it from day one, but one game at a time...

I know a lot of reviews have been posted..., so im not going in to detail with every thing, but just going to post my opinion, as its the only one that counts!!

First of, I like the game, and can see my self playing through the story on hard & extreme. I HAVE TO FIND somebody to play it split-screen with, i love the look of splitscreen!! - its reminds me of a wide-screen movie!!

* The story is too short.
    Its short, may be not be too short, but there is no way i can defend it, its a short, but sweet story.
    Im sorry, but we could have had a few levels/maps with the whole arms-deal, there could have been something about the whole team doing a heist together, just to get to know each other.
    After things go wrong, kane & lynch could have done a heist alone, trying to raise money to leve shanghai.
    A few more short levels as kane, maybe doing a scout-the-area thing - of the deal, a few more levels alone, only once do they seperate in the whole game ?, if they had been more apart, the "main" game would have been stronger.

Again, its a hell-paced game, love it - but its to short, thats what keeping the fan-base low, and the review score low - a lot of people would have finish the game, with a feeling of anger...

* Why should we care?
    I love the whole Lynch thing, but his girlfriend is not around enough, the same thing with kane daughter, had i not played K&L1, i would have had no picture, or knowlegde of her! Background story people, ohh and the whole "i-need-to-press-a-key" to get to the info screen, and get info on the level im playing !! - who made that ? how many players did that, or noticed it halfway through the game ?

*The game!!
    Just Awesome, but somebody should tell people that its not Gears... dont stand still, move, move, move, the faster you play through the game, the better it gets ;-), i love the whole Look, and feel - great gameplay - but could need more variated maps, = longer game, he he he
    Also, its nice with a more hardcore aproch, i like that you "die" more in dog days, and dont get baby-sitting all the way!! Every thing has been said about the game, i just wanted to share a few thoughts;-)

Last, why cant the tires on cars not explode ?, in the whole spirit of keeping it "real" !! Why!!

and may be a better tutorial to get "players" into the world...

Rolleyes

Originally Posted by petersjov
    My personal Kane & Lynch dog days review:

So yeah...i had to play through Alan wake first before i started on Dog days, I did get it from day one, but one game at a time...

I know a lot of reviews have been posted..., so im not going in to detail with every thing, but just going to post my opinion, as its the only one that counts!!

First of, I like the game, and can see my self playing through the story on hard & extreme. I HAVE TO FIND somebody to play it split-screen with, i love the look of splitscreen!! - its reminds me of a wide-screen movie!!

* The story is too short.
    Its short, may be not be too short, but there is no way i can defend it, its a short, but sweet story.
    Im sorry, but we could have had a few levels/maps with the whole arms-deal, there could have been something about the whole team doing a heist together, just to get to know each other.
    After things go wrong, kane & lynch could have done a heist alone, trying to raise money to leve shanghai.
    A few more short levels as kane, maybe doing a scout-the-area thing - of the deal, a few more levels alone, only once do they seperate in the whole game ?, if they had been more apart, the "main" game would have been stronger.

Again, its a hell-paced game, love it - but its to short, thats what keeping the fan-base low, and the review score low - a lot of people would have finish the game, with a feeling of anger...

* Why should we care?
    I love the whole Lynch thing, but his girlfriend is not around enough, the same thing with kane daughter, had i not played K&L1, i would have had no picture, or knowlegde of her! Background story people, ohh and the whole "i-need-to-press-a-key" to get to the info screen, and get info on the level im playing !! - who made that ? how many players did that, or noticed it halfway through the game ?

*The game!!
    Just Awesome, but somebody should tell people that its not Gears... dont stand still, move, move, move, the faster you play through the game, the better it gets ;-), i love the whole Look, and feel - great gameplay - but could need more variated maps, = longer game, he he he
    Also, its nice with a more hardcore aproch, i like that you "die" more in dog days, and dont get baby-sitting all the way!! Every thing has been said about the game, i just wanted to share a few thoughts;-)

Last, why cant the tires on cars not explode ?, in the whole spirit of keeping it "real" !! Why!!

and may be a better tutorial to get "players" into the world...
    Obviously everyone is expecting me to reply with another useless wall of text rambling , despite the fact that the man already said all that needed to be said ...

Well they're Wrong ! ...

But i will comment on this ...

Originally Posted by petersjov
    ohh and the whole "i-need-to-press-a-key" to get to the info screen, and get info on the level im playing !! - who made that ? how many players did that, or noticed it halfway through the game ?
    Well i noticed on my first playthrough , in the first minute of playing , know why ? because they did the same in Dead Men ! in fact , in the first game the briefing would 'change' after you finish the chapter , so if you never checked the briefing on your first playthrough , you'll never see it again ...

Curiously enough , the choice of making the briefing 'stay the same' in Dog Days , even after finishing the game , makes it look ... well ... weaker in terms of content , adding to the whole debacle that "it's a short game" ...

PC Gamer 70%
    IO are heading in the right direction and, if the base game were tighter, K&L2 could have been astonishing. As it stands, it’s a 65% game with an art style of 90%.
    EGM 7.5

Lightbulb

http://www.insidemacgames.com/review...ID=1108&Page=1

A rather positive review from a website nobody heard before ...

One point i would like to stress out will be this one ...

The game does a good job of conveying Kane and Lynch if you haven't met them before. Kane's character holds up throughout the tale, but Lynch is surprisingly toned down compared to the original outing to the point where I hardly found him psychotic. The first title included everything from him freaking out and killing innocent people during a bank heist because he thought they were enemies, to pumping shells into downed police women begging for mercy. It was harsh, but it fit his psychotic profile. The craziest thing he does takes place during a cutscene when he shoots a man who deserved it anyway for reasons I'll withhold as to not spoil the story. Newcomers won't notice, but any fans of the first game definitely will, myself included. I kept waiting for him to do something outrageous but it never happened. Even without my prior experience, the marketing makes a point of Lynch's psychosis which never really shows itself.
    That i absolutely agree , the game's marketing made a great deal about how player gets to play as Lynch this time around , but nothing really makes you feel like you're playing as 'Lynch' , or rather , nothing 'special' really came out of it ...
    All those who finished Dog Days must have noticed how 'indifferent' it was to play as Kane when you spent the whole game playing as Lynch ...

Sure , even in Dead Men's co-op mode the main difference rests on a simple character skin , but at least that game had loads of little details to back of all the differences ...

I mean if they kept on shouting "play from Lynch's point of view" the least we expected was actually something different ...
    But damn , even story wise it wasn't so different from Kane's genocide three years ago ...

Recently played through this again with a friend, and since then, I've been wrapped up in it again. It led me here, and I'd like to share a review I wrote when the game came out. I hope you enjoy!

http://theobsessedgamer.com/2010/08/...g-days-review/

Thank you so much for this game, IO.

Dammit... actually you're right it is pretty great.. My feelings about this game are so insanely mixed, some people I've told the game is awesome others I told it's just a huge letdown, which is usually what I think it is when I'm playing it..
    but when I think about all those little things, like how the environments are basically among the most detailled and most realistic looking I've ever seen anywhere, I think it's actually pretty amazing, but I guess all those little seperate bits of awesome don't really come together for me

This review is not for Kane and Lynch 2, it's for Kane And Lynch the comic series;

Kane & Lynch the comic takes place a few days after the end of the first game, Jenny's alive (though which ending was canon is not explored here) and it turns out that before being brutally murdered, the7 put a hit out on the Dead Men to the tune of 10 million, so the odd couple have to contend with two bit wannabe killers, a cut throat British businessman and even the 6th member of the7 (I'm counting big bro, little bro, mute, Carlos and Kane) while still coping with each other!

The writer Ian Edginton, who has done a load of Aliens comics, does a brilliant job of getting the characters voices, Kane is quick and straight to the point with Lynch being a wisecracking bad mother(Shut your mouth! But i'm talking about Lynch, then we can dig it!). So plot wise it's not brilliant but it's simple enough to get the gist an simply let you enjoy the title characters.

Artisticly, Chris Mitten, I get put off by, I'm not saying I could draw an entire comic book, but sometimes it's just hard making characters out, when I read the first issue I was wondering why Kane still had a broken nose, then after reading the other 5 issues I realise it's too distinguish him from everyone else, same as why Lynch is running round in sunglasses,

Overall this was an enjoyable read and if Kane and Lynch 3 takes another 3 years to come out, this will do me just fine
    360 Gamertag: Morphilms
    I don't give a about the men! Just shut that thing up and drive.

The best game to play while eating.......

Page 11 of 11 First First ... 7891011