View Poll Results: Day and Night Cycles?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 57.14%
  • No

18 42.86%
Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Who wants day and night cycles?

Who wants day and night cycles?

Agreed. That would ruin the game.
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

This is simply out of the question. I like the idea of it not taking place during one night this time around, considering the fact that this is a much larger game, but I think the best way to achieve this without losing the mood/feel of the game would be through shorts and clips. Again, no running around doing missions during daylight lol.

It would be cool If you can start the game around when the sun is about to go down. So you have alittle of the sun which wont be as bright then the moon comes up for the remaining of the game. And sure I guess cut scenes in day time is fine for bruce wayne.

It wouldn't ruin the game, but it's most likely Batman would be personally infiltrating the city at night and doing other detective work as Bruce during whatever time he's awake in the day (he obviously shouldn't' be up all night and all day too many times...)

I can see Rocksteady pulling a Superman Returns and simply time locking the game to night, with a few day time cutscenes. I'm not at all bothered by the possible lack of day.

I wouldnt mind if it was cloudy and dark in the morning, otherwise, no.

No wonder there are so many psychos in Gotham. The poor people never see the sun! They're all going mad from lack of photosynthesis! My God! Maybe Pamela is right after all!!

^ Hahaha. Perhaps Gotham has a 20 days of night thing going on... Any vampires been said to be running around Arkham city?

Originally Posted by gotham_knight_lives
    ^ Hahaha. Perhaps Gotham has a 20 days of night thing going on... Any vampires been said to be running around Arkham city?
    30? Oh jeez... Makes Twilight look excruciating. Not that it wasn't already...
    ...exactly why I made the stfu thread...

I don't want there to be day/night "cycles", as I feel it will be too much like GTA and ruin the gameplay. I don't want to be playing AC and every second I sit still a minute goes by -- that would completely ruin the time atmosphere of the game.

Now, if Rocksteady wants to incorporate daylight into missions (as Bruce) or cutscenes, then that's another thing. The constant turning over of day and night in a cycle based on how long I've been playing the game is what I don't want.

Originally Posted by LemonLoafer
    30? Oh jeez... Makes Twilight look excruciating. Not that it wasn't already...
    Oops, typo :P

I actually wouldnt mind some daylight in the sequel it would hopefully give us a chance to be Bruce Wayne or Matches.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by Joe Chill
    I don't want there to be day/night "cycles", as I feel it will be too much like GTA and ruin the gameplay. I don't want to be playing AC and every second I sit still a minute goes by -- that would completely ruin the time atmosphere of the game.

Now, if Rocksteady wants to incorporate daylight into missions (as Bruce) or cutscenes, then that's another thing. The constant turning over of day and night in a cycle based on how long I've been playing the game is what I don't want.
    They can do cut scenes where you have to do something during the day, Like or flash backs of somthing. Well you know kind of like when the scare crow was messing with batmans head and he was in a different place and stuff.

So far none of the screens have shown daylight. My guess is that it's all one night and maybe the final battle will commence while the sun rises. That'd be awesome. But I prefer just night.
    youtube-2008bbproductions check it out why not

None of the screens have shown daylight because that was only one little moment in the game: rescuing Catwoman from Two-Face, then tracking the sniper rifle laser beam that Joker had traced on Catwoman's chest. That's all Game Informer was privy to. That probably took less than five minutes in the actual game...

Well since there is no light based stealth gameplay like splintercell(not blaming rocksteady it would be too damn hard and would probably mess stuff up) having a day night cycle wouldn't affect the gameplay at all and we could finally find out if batman is wearing a blue or black suit but if there is a day or night cycle it wouldn't be real time. That would really mess with the story and dialouge. At pre determined spots the times would change. I wouldn't be suprised to see this.

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    None of the screens have shown daylight because that was only one little moment in the game: rescuing Catwoman from Two-Face, then tracking the sniper rifle laser beam that Joker had traced on Catwoman's chest. That's all Game Informer was privy to. That probably took less than five minutes in the actual game...
    I doubt that you see how long it took to rescue Gordon?

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    I doubt that you see how long it took to rescue Gordon?
    An hour at most, and yeah, if that much intensity and awesomeness were condensed into 5 minutes, our brains would all explode.
    Dif tor heh smusma.

Read the magazine's description. Batman talks to Afred, swoops down to where Two-Face is holding Catwoman. Two-Face and Catwoman chat for a moment. Batman then dispatches the thugs around Two-Face. Two-Face shoots Batman, threatens to kill Catwoman; Batman saves her and Two-Face escapes. Bats and Cats continue their chat and Joker gets a bead on her Selina's chest before coughing and ruining his shot, thus allowing Batman to pull her out of the way. One more moment of dialogue and Catwoman leaves. Batman traces the trajectory of Joker's gun laser and follows it. He immediately spots a thug before heading out to where Joker is. He drops down to interrogate the thug. Then, it's off to the target. Not very far and he sees a bunch of thugs around a ringing telephone. He swoops down, frightens the thugs off, then answers the phone ans speaks to Zsasz. I believe that's all that they were shown and this amount of circumstances wouldn't last more than ten minutes, and could be done in less than five, for certain. It certainly isn't lasting from night until day...

Again, I say we haven't seen any pics that far into it to know if they change over from night to day.

Originally Posted by MACGRUBER
    Well since there is no light based stealth gameplay like splintercell(not blaming rocksteady it would be too damn hard and would probably mess stuff up) having a day night cycle wouldn't affect the gameplay at all and we could finally find out if batman is wearing a blue or black suit but if there is a day or night cycle it wouldn't be real time. That would really mess with the story and dialouge. At pre determined spots the times would change. I wouldn't be suprised to see this.
    Agreed. This is the only way it would work.

Lightbulb Here's a Thought

While I don't think we'll see a night/day cycle (Batman during the day, not too subtle), I do think we'll see some day activities as Bruce Wayne. Whether these will be only cutscenes or not I dunno, but the fact that Hugo Strange and Selina are involved makes it almost impossible not to include some type of Bruce Wayne storyline.

I agree that this couldn't be all one night because Arkham Asylum was supposed to be Batman's longest night. Arkham City would have to be a series of Batman campaigns in different areas spanning over a week or two. I'm bet we'll see way more cutscenes this time around.
    Beware of the Knight.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12