Thread: I will only buy this game IF

I will only buy this game IF

I will only buy this game IF

Played the demo on steam for PC and a few things really need to be changed or i wont buy it, i want to buy it but these things mess up the game too much.

First: when running there is horrible camera bob, there needs to be an option to turn that off, it makes me dizzy and i would never run if it remains the same.
    Edit: Never mind in options then controls, steady cam enabled does the trick and fixes the camera bob

Second: Lag, figure out a better way to find a good host because the game is really laggy i can't shoot anyone they like teleport around.

Last: make a option to mute all players from voice chat and make a way to change the voice chat key binding. Currently its set to ALT which is what i use for ventrilo.
    Edit: Its not set to alt, its set to auto talk which is worse because people with their speakers blasting make feedback and it sounds like crap, By default this game should have a push to talk key, no auto talk.

Thanks for reading this hope you guys can fix these things, if they don't get fixed I'm not buying it, and this game would be fun if they were fixed.

Game comes out in about 2 weeks. Realistically, they could probably fix some of the small stuff... but my guess is... what you see is what you get.

You can turn off the shakey cam when running, there IS an option for it. Honestly I didn't have much lag problems when I played, I got into some bad games but nothing turned me off. Finally I don't care about the mute thing. So I guess don't get it.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Originally Posted by cj31387
    Played the demo and a few things really need to be changed or i wont buy it, i want to buy it but these things mess up the game too much.

First: when running there is horrible camera bob, there needs to be an option to turn that off, it makes me dizzy and i would never run if it remains the same.

Second: Lag, figure out a better way to find a good host because the game is really laggy i can't shoot anyone they like teleport around.

Last: make a option to mute all players from voice chat and make a way to change the voice chat key binding. Currently its set to ALT which is what i use for ventrilo.

Thanks for reading this hope you guys can fix these things, if they don't get fixed I'm not buying it, and this game would be fun if they were fixed.
    This is TOO EASY.

Buy it on Xbox 360, turn off Camera Shake in the Options, play Player Matches with your Friends and then Mute them all. Simple.

I meant PC I tried the demo on steam, and just now looked for the camera bob option and don't see it. I would never play a shooter on a console anyways. I guess in audio options i can turn speech off though, but i'd rather be able to mute particular players, because the first game i played 3 people had like a fan blasting into their mic and it sounded horrible the whole game.

Originally Posted by cj31387
    I meant PC I tried the demo on steam, and just now looked for the camera bob option and don't see it.
    In options, go to "controls" and then set "steadycam" to enabled.

Quit *ing and enjoy the story
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    Quit *ing and enjoy the story
    Yupp.

*ing? I'm not *ing, I just hate being ignored.

Originally Posted by ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
    This is TOO EASY.

Buy it on Xbox 360, turn off Camera Shake in the Options, play Player Matches with your Friends and then Mute them all. Simple.

Lol.

Well, the demo was so busted on PS3 that I couldn't even play the multiplayer, so I have no opinion on the subject other than I would appreciate it if the multiplayer worked.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    *ing? I'm not *ing, I just hate being ignored.
    could you at least tell me why do you think she has the briefcase ?
    signature image

Don't you guys get it yet??? All the glitches and lag is part of the style

Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    Don't you guys get it yet??? All the glitches and lag is part of the style
    They did a marvelous job in that case.

I like the game in general..the multiplayer offers a real twist to classic play.

However, i have the following issues:

*Running peer-to-peer really annoys me with hosts often closing the game when they aren't doing as well as they would like, the lag i get on some of the listen servers that get hosted
    *Mic screeching (push to talk needed, at least by default and a mute option)
    *Crashes a reasonable amount in multi player (once every few games, especially if i've ranked up) (i didn't have any crashes in the demo single player)
    *Text (all/team) chat is missing, and not everyone has a mic

the only thing i could really wish for is Host Migration,and maybe custom masks when you reach rank 1 or something.
    Arcade Mode World Leaderboards XBL
    #1 Radio Tower/#3 Fish Market

Hello K&L2 creators.
    How can u make such a great game only to screw it up with horrible MP features like no chat, no dedicated servers and no mute options for mic?

This game like Maffia 2 WILL NOT SELL GOOD on PC for the simple reasons posted above. Most will simply DL the game from somewhere since its a "single player" game. Why single player? MP will be dead in less than 2 months on the PC so might as well call it a single player game. I feel this is a great loss for Eidos and us as PC gamers but can u blame us?! Delivering half assed console ports is NOT WHAT WE WANT!! So dont complain that u will be selling bad (again) on the PC.

Developers of today seem to have no clue what a PC is or what it can do. Or they are simply oblivious of it cause it "costs" more. With this additude you will not sell games on PC and it will cost u more in the end...

Originally Posted by Willneverlearn
    Hello K&L2 creators.
    How can u make such a great game only to screw it up with horrible MP features like no chat, no dedicated servers and no mute options for mic?

This game like Maffia 2 WILL NOT SELL GOOD on PC for the simple reasons posted above. Most will simply DL the game from somewhere since its a "single player" game. Why single player? MP will be dead in less than 2 months on the PC so might as well call it a single player game. I feel this is a great loss for Eidos and us as PC gamers but can u blame us?! Delivering half assed console ports is NOT WHAT WE WANT!! So dont complain that u will be selling bad (again) on the PC.

Developers of today seem to have no clue what a PC is or what it can do. Or they are simply oblivious of it cause it "costs" more. With this additude you will not sell games on PC and it will cost u more in the end...

You forget the online coop, i would buy it for that alone(and the singleplayer).

Anyways, how long will it take until people realise and accept that us PC users will be the underdogs in the gaming industry?

All i can say is, be happy with what youve got, cause you are not going to change anything by ranting.

Originally Posted by maninblue
    You forget the online coop, i would buy it for that alone(and the singleplayer).

Anyways, how long will it take until people realise and accept that us PC users will be the underdogs in the gaming industry?

All i can say is, be happy with what youve got, cause you are not going to change anything by ranting.
    PC users weren't underdogz untill the xbox360 and PS3 came. Developers made the PC an underdog since pirating has been a major issue on the PC. This can easily be avoided by adding decent multiplayer for wich u MUST register. On consoles they dont have to do all the stuff since they will sell enough there to cover the "lazyness/budgetcosts".

PC was doing great before x360 and PS3 and we had much greater qualtity games and server support than we have now. Today is all about how much money they can make in the cheapest way possible cutting costs in every corner wich lowers the end product considerably.
    The fact that u will accept this kind of behaviour from developers by them releasing a console game on the PC without making some kind adoption for PC users is not a good thing.

In the end this post will change nothing... I know I won't be buying this game without some kind of ingame chat or dedicated server support.

PC users weren't underdogz untill the xbox360 and PS3 came. Developers made the PC an underdog since pirating has been a major issue on the PC. This can easily be avoided by adding decent multiplayer for wich u MUST register. On consoles they dont have to do all the stuff since they will sell enough there to cover the "lazyness/budgetcosts".

PC was doing great before x360 and PS3 and we had much greater qualtity games and server support than we have now. Today is all about how much money they can make in the cheapest way possible cutting costs in every corner wich lowers the end product considerably.
    The fact that u will accept this kind of behaviour from developers by them releasing a console game on the PC without making some kind adoption for PC users is not a good thing.

In the end this post will change nothing... I know I won't be buying this game without some kind of ingame chat or dedicated server support.
    I was digging through the game files one day, and i found something that hints towards a text based communication system in multiplayer.

Just as many people mod their consoles and pirate games as PC users. The Nintendo DS is one of the most pirated game systems on the planet. I know people that haven't paid for a single Nintendo DS game.