Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: no SIG SG 552 in-game

no SIG SG 552 in-game

  1. #1

    no SIG SG 552 in-game

    I noticed Kane's weapon of choice is absent from the demo, he used it exclusively in the first game, hes wielding it on the box art, and the intro to the demo shows him using it.

    Yet I noticed its not an unlock-able gun in multi and I haven't seen any in-game footage of him using it.

    I think its an awesome gun, and would love to see it return.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Yeah somebody else mentioned it's not in. Neither is the hk mp5, fn p90, m4 carbine and all the other guns that populate every other real life shooter. So what.

  4. #4
    It's sort of a Kane & Lynch tradition, folks.

    Kane & Lynch 1's cover art had a picture of a Browning Hi-Power handgun that was nowhere to be seen in the game.


  5. Maybe the guns absent from online because its in single, remember kane and lynch dead men didnt have shotguns in multi, nor high powered machineguns or snipers, or the magnum
    signature image

  6. #6
    This whole thing is ridiculous, here and in the other threads people are *ing about it. Kane and Lynch are probably two of the deepest, most fully realized characters ever in video games and people are getting their nuts in a twist over the guns? If Kane were a real person, he'd probably have a preference for certain guns, being in that line of work for so long, but let's face it, at his heart he's just a mean son of a *. That's what makes him Kane, same goes for Lynch for that matter - they'll kill you with what they got, whether it's the SIG rifle, buckshot, a cheap Chinese knockoff or a damn broken bottle. K&L themselves are the real weapons-

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by ThisIsWhatHappensLarry
    This whole thing is ridiculous, here and in the other threads people are *ing about it. Kane and Lynch are probably two of the deepest, most fully realized characters ever in video games and people are getting their nuts in a twist over the guns? If Kane were a real person, he'd probably have a preference for certain guns, being in that line of work for so long, but let's face it, at his heart he's just a mean son of a *. That's what makes him Kane, same goes for Lynch for that matter - they'll kill you with what they got, whether it's the SIG rifle, buckshot, a cheap Chinese knockoff or a damn broken bottle. K&L themselves are the real weapons-
    Whats wrong with wanting specific guns in the game? Hes asking politely for something that would just make the game better, whats wrong with that?

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by ThisIsWhatHappensLarry
    Yeah somebody else mentioned it's not in. Neither is the hk mp5, fn p90, m4 carbine and all the other guns that populate every other real life shooter. So what.
    I serously only saw the SIG in Blood Money, Dead Men (duh) and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by maninblue
    Whats wrong with wanting specific guns in the game? Hes asking politely for something that would just make the game better, whats wrong with that?
    Yeah, my bad man. Not trying to knock you rntrndrw - it's just that I'm a designer, and so I really appreciate that the art direction in this series isn't just good, it's unprecedented. Pair that with a script that rivals anything Hollywood comes out with these days ( I'm sure they'll find a way to up the movie) and you have something really special that dozens of talented people poured hours and days into. I just hate to see all of that reduced to an argument over the firepower, which I see as treated in DD appropriately as an extension of the environment-

  10. #10
    I'm really only upset about this because it was Kane's signature gun, and it's just a bit dissapointing not to see it in the game. There's always mods though.

  11. Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    I serously only saw the SIG in Blood Money, Dead Men (duh) and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
    Counter strike and counter strike source both have the sig
    signature image

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    418
    I too miss the Sig, though in the Sequel's Multiplayer it won't even be needed.

    The Multiplayer is all about close to medium range fire fights. If you were busy concentrating, looking down your fine-aim sights in the Sequel for too long, someone will probably run up behind you and place their Left Arm around your Neck and their Right Hand on your Buttcheek, throw you to the ground and KILL YOU.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by ThisIsWhatHappensLarry
    Yeah, my bad man. Not trying to knock you rntrndrw - it's just that I'm a designer, and so I really appreciate that the art direction in this series isn't just good, it's unprecedented. Pair that with a script that rivals anything Hollywood comes out with these days ( I'm sure they'll find a way to up the movie) and you have something really special that dozens of talented people poured hours and days into. I just hate to see all of that reduced to an argument over the firepower, which I see as treated in DD appropriately as an extension of the environment-
    I think this game looks amazing, im not knocking the art direction, Im also not trying to start an argument.

    I went out and bought k&l dead men as soon as I played the DD demo and beat it. I wanted to know as much about these two guys as I could find (which isnt much since the first game left out a lot it seems.)

    One thing I noticed was there choice of weapons. Lynch wields a shotgun which I think is perfect for his style. And Kane being much more calculated used an automatic rifle, the SIG 552.

    I guess it makes sense he wouldn't bring it to shanghai with him on board a plane(im assuming thats how he got there)

    I also think the SCAR seems more out of place then the Sig would be, but thats just IMO.

    Again not trying to argue, I love the guns they have now. They all seem to handle A LOT better then the first game.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    It's sort of a Kane & Lynch tradition, folks.

    Kane & Lynch 1's cover art had a picture of a Browning Hi-Power handgun that was nowhere to be seen in the game.

    now that you mention it. Dead Men had one of the best boxarts .
    signature image

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Vulture
    now that you mention it. Dead Men had one of the best boxarts .
    Feckin' seconded. One day, I will have it hanging as a poster on my wall.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

  16. #16
    I didn't like all the white on the Dead Men box Art..... Imagine if it were black and gray city with purple lights, OH and it took place in Shanghai, and Kane was screaming, also Lynch could be holding a shotgun! Man, that would be sooooo cool!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    I didn't like all the white on the Dead Men box Art..... Imagine if it were black and gray city with purple lights, OH and it took place in Shanghai, and Kane was screaming, also Lynch could be holding a shotgun! Man, that would be sooooo cool!

    Like that? I just threw that together in Paint.

  18. #18
    There is still a faint hope. The light machine gun that is in the single player game wasn't in the fragile alliance selection. Just throwing that out there.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

  19. #19
    Nice, there he is, in shanghai with the Sig... pretty awesome box art IMO

    I never played the first one online so I didn't know that certain guns didn't make it online.

    Hopefully for the single-player at least...

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Vulture
    now that you mention it. Dead Men had one of the best boxarts .
    Yeah, but I was always bothered by Lynch's full head of hair. He's not balding like he's supposed to be.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by War Thrash
    Yeah, but I was always bothered by Lynch's full head of hair. He's not balding like he's supposed to be.
    when you have the game in the xbox 360 the picture on Disk In Tray has Lynch completely bald.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Originally Posted by War Thrash
    Yeah, but I was always bothered by Lynch's full head of hair. He's not balding like he's supposed to be.
    Or the fact they don't really look like Kane & Lynch in game?

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    There is still a faint hope. The light machine gun that is in the single player game wasn't in the fragile alliance selection. Just throwing that out there.
    I think your right, we still havent seen all the weapons. Keeping my fingers crossed.

  24. #24
    This really annoys me in games. When they have something in a trailer or on box art that isn't any where in the game. Not because I want that particular item or what ever, but because it's so inconsistent and gives the impression that they don't really see these details...

    It just annoys me. I mean doesn't the whole team communicate about the content of the game so they don't represent it incorrectly or put something where it shouldn't??

    It's not the end of the world, but it seems such a simple thing to avoid...

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by sigrun
    It just annoys me. I mean doesn't the whole team communicate about the content of the game so they don't represent it incorrectly or put something where it shouldn't??
    Normally, the publisher and their marketing team have a lot to say about box art and advertising material. If the devs and marketing aren't synched, seeing eye-to-eye, you get this strange dissonance in what should be a unified message. The Freedom Fighters box art was a perfect example:

    yeah..........
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Page 1 of 2 12 Last