Thread: Batman: Arkham City revealed. Fall 2011 release

Batman: Arkham City revealed. Fall 2011 release

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    You gotta factor Quincy Sharp into it as well.

Maybe Sharp (whos apparently Mayor) has cordoned off a section of Gotham to turn into a new Arkham with the hopes that Joker, Two-Face and the rest will battle it out and kill each other.
    Yeah I accidentally posted my post twice thinking I was just editing it. I factored Sharp into it as well.

You gotta factor Quincy Sharp into it as well.

Maybe Sharp (whos apparently Mayor) has cordoned off a section of Gotham to turn into a new Arkham with the hopes that Joker, Two-Face and the rest will battle it out and kill each other.
    Forcing Batman to first stop the war between the inmates then stop Sharp.

If this was like Crackdown,just a bit more linear,then I won't beat this one on a weekend.

I was also looking back into the teaser trailer and remembered the Iceberg Lounge. If this lounge is in the new Arkham City that sort of indicates to me that the Penguin sold his club and most of his other territory to Sharp to build this new Asylum. That would mean Penguin was working with Sharp or simply using him for a more insidious purpose. Damn, so many possibilities, I need a cigar.

Originally Posted by thejokethatkills
    I wonder how big the Joker's role will be. Considering he had thousands of lines in the first one and Mark was convinced to do the character one more time, it must be pretty involved. Joker always seems to be the villain giving orders and not taking them and since him and Two-Face always hate each other, perhaps the basis of the game would be the two of them fighting each other in a struggle for control of the city.

The idea of Joker and Two-Face being two separate main villains fighting each other is pretty cool with the basis of the game being their war against each other. Each will enlist it's own help and other villains and have their own plans, a huge war over the city. Of course you also have Sharp who is probably using this new Arkham City as part of his own plot to wipe out all the villains and criminals.
    I think joker will have a huge role, maybe he's the cause of this all like he said in the end of the first one " Why my dear deluded dark knight, its hardly even begun"

EDIT: Wow nice Penguin speculation! That makes sense!

You guys think catwoman in chains in one of the pictures means she will most likely be a enemy? I hope so I don't want a lot of her in the game...
    "I said I would let you go home, I never said alive." - The Joker

I agree

I was also looking back into the teaser trailer and remembered the Iceberg Lounge. If this lounge is in the new Arkham City that sort of indicates to me that the Penguin sold his club and most of his other territory to Sharp to build this new Asylum. That would mean Penguin was working with Sharp or simply using him for a more insidious purpose. Damn, so many possibilities, I need a cigar.
    I don't think Sharp would have to buy their property. He could just have a certain amount of space in Gotham walled off on grounds of it being a crime zone or something and say "Anyone still here should get the hell out while they still can". Depends on how corrupt Gotham's politics are.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    I think joker will have a huge role, maybe he's the cause of this all like he said in the end of the first one " Why my dear deluded dark knight, its hardly even begun"
    Yeah, I don't think he was referring to this though. This plan seems to be something Joker didn't know too much about, but obviously took advantage of it for own purposes. I like the idea of Sharp locking up the criminals in one huge area with the intent to have them duel it out till they are all dead. He probably overlooked many details though and things are going out of control, to the point of the whole city being engulfed. He would probably even resort to more drastic measures and order a massacre of them all, hurting many innocent people in the process.

I don't think Sharp would have to buy their property. He could just have a certain amount of space in Gotham walled off on grounds of it being a crime zone or something and say "Anyone still here should get the hell out while they still can". Depends on how corrupt Gotham's politics are.
    Good point. I just found it odd that the Iceberg Lounge was featured all battered. I can't figure out though if the events in the trailer are taking place outside or inside Arkham City.

I think he would still have to buy it out, the penguin owns it and he's hella rich/semi-important

I'm pretty sure the whole trailer takes place within "Arkham City". Makes sense considering everything we see in the trailer is pretty rowdy.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I'm pretty sure the whole trailer takes place within "Arkham City". Makes sense considering everything we see in the trailer is pretty rowdy.
    That would also mean that the Asylum holds all criminals and not just insane ones. That would explain why they need such a large area. One thing (amongst millions of others) I'm curious about is if it was intended to have them all walking around or if they were meant to be locked up. It would make sense in Sharp's diluted state to want them to roam free in hopes of either them destroying themselves or to create a situation where he would get the OK to bomb the entire place.

That would also mean that the Asylum holds all criminals and not just insane ones. .

Yeah...thats been confirmed, its all the criminals, including black gate.

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    Why so funny?

p.s. See what I did there?
    yup. i see what u did there. it's funny cause i thought it was funny.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Yeah...thats been confirmed, its all the criminals, including black gate.
    Okay, cool. Yeah this definitely seems like a disaster waiting to happen so Sharp probably intends for them to duke it out.

I think he would still have to buy it out, the penguin owns it and he's hella rich/semi-important
    Penguin may own the club but he doesn't own the streets that surround it. Sharp could very well shut down and block off all streets/bridges/routes out of a certain area and popualte it with criminals, creating a lawless, self governed No Man's Land. I don't think he'd need Penguin's permission to do that. Its not like Gotham politicians play things straight and narrow. Hell, Penguin himself is a known criminal. Sharp would probably have his ass thrown in jail on the principle of it.

Penguin may own the club but he doesn't own the streets that surround it. Sharp could very well shut down and block off all streets/bridges/routes out of a certain area and popualte it with criminals, creating a lawless, self governed No Man's Land. I don't think he'd need Penguin's permission to do that. Its not like Gotham politicians play things straight and narrow. Hell, Penguin himself is a known criminal. Sharp would probably have his ass thrown in jail on the principle of it.
    Penguin's not the sort of criminal though that you can just throw in jail. He makes it very difficult to track his crimes as with any other mobster. Also I don't think Sharp would both fill the streets up with criminals and arrest Penguin, sort of contradicts itself there. I think Sharp is the type of person to utilize someone for his own purposes. After all, Penguin isn't exactly evil, he's a perfectly sane guy who is corrupt, but hasn't done any extremely terrible things. So he doesn't really fit the bill into what Sharp hates; Sharp hates Joker first and foremost and other crazies. Penguin would still have to sell his place to allow Sharp to construct the city because he is fairly important.

Well this is all very exciting. : )

I dont think that Arkham city is Gotham, i mean i dont think civilians would be wandering in it.
    I think in the game the all the prisoners in arkham has escaped and is mixed with the populace hence the fact that gotham is in chaos in the trailer.

Ed Boon @ twitter: "I saw a demo of this game a few months ago...and its going to kick some SERIOUS ASS!! http://arkhamhasmoved.com/"

Originally Posted by arOnex20
    game of the decade..

..i called it.
    Im thinking more of the game of the MILLENEUM( wait on second thought that will belong to the third one)

Originally Posted by abvxyz
    Ed Boon @ twitter: "I saw a demo of this game a few months ago...and its going to kick some SERIOUS ASS!! http://arkhamhasmoved.com/"
    Released tomorrow...or else.

PS.That is the best motivational pic I have ever seen.

DEMO NAO.

rite nao.

Exactly!
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Sharp was obsessed with cleansing the city. Penguin, though he is sane, is indeed an evil man and a criminal and I doubt that old Sharpy, in all his schizophrenic mania, would say to Penguin "Eh, you're fine." I also think that Sharp is the kind to bypass due process, flip him the bird (waugh waugh! (ha ha!)) and throw Penguin to the dogs, despite a lack of evidence of any crimes.

And I don't think Penguin would have to sell his place at all because Sharp, if my speculation is true, isn't directly doing anything to Penguin's property. He's just fencing in a portion of Gotham that Penguin's property just so happens to reside within and he's calling off all laws.

Page 15 of 35 First First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last