Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Some things I think need to be addressed.

Some things I think need to be addressed.

Some things I think need to be addressed.

Okay. I know I blabber on about buying the PS3 version which I will most likely.

I had enough of the freezing so I decided to boot up the 360 version. 3 of us had mics - I don't know why Sony don't give them away also (anyway off topic)

So the 3 of us were pretty much working together and trying to look after everyone else. This guy runs in front of us picks up the Fire extinguisher and proceeds to blow us up. I figure okay, what idiot would do that in the middle of the map, so that must have been an accident.

We start the next round, he autokills someone. LOL. I mean.. Seriously? Now I am all for the idea of the game and killing someone to gain an advantage for yourself but at the start or the middle of the map?

Someone who is a traitor in the previous round should have a target on them for the next round also. Taking that away is like saying that person is forgiven. Why forgive someone who killed you?

Yes we all ended on virtually nothing because some idiot figured it would be an awesome idea to kill people with fire extinguishers and try to run the entire thing alone.

I loaded up another game and saw something virtually similar. I'm not about to point the finger and say every 360 user will be doing this, I'm sure it'll happen on the PS3 and PC also. There is a line between trolling and trying to win for yourself. Crossing that line in a game of this nature is just stupid and those people should carry the traitor tag through all rounds to make them think more clearly about what they are doing.

I would have thought it would be plainly obvious you should only teamkill at the end of the map. probably more valuable in round 3 also since no one can extract revenge if you get away with it.

Sorry if it sounds all complainish. It's just rather annoying when people don't play for the objective. If he thought he was playing for it he has to be a total wacko.

Don't worry Dude. Not every game of K&L2 Demo goes ugly. I had many, many great matches with little stupidity from others.

Thumbs Down

This happens (pratically) All The Time on Dead Men's Fragile Alliance , and this has no reason not to find its way back to Dog Days ... very unfortunately ...

There lies Fragile Alliance's greatest weakness ... its the players themselves , the players that don't play this game the way it is meant to be played ...

Sure , this isn't a game that asks you to play by the rules , but there are limits ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Well. honestly I haven't seen it happen as frequently on the PS3. I've had more games on that too somehow.

But there actually does lie a problem with the idea that someone can become a traitor for one round and then not be one in the next round.

I just believe you should carry that reputation with the traitor tag for the entire game. If the whole team kills the traitor at the start of the next round then so be it. It'll be a lesson.

Hell if you want to get yourself killed to be a cop you could just go and blow yourself up.

I know there are no rules but there are ways they could help people play properly. The idea that the traitor carries the orange traitor tag for the rest of the rounds is probably one way. Since that person will be a cash target for everyone from the start.

I'd actually have no problem with someone killing me or killing someone while waiting for the van. But the least we can do is work together until then. Still though you should carry that tag for the rest of the game.

Will there be a way to party up in this? usually I hate parties but I sense this may actually need one.

Whoever goes traitor in the very beginning is usually asking for everyone to rape him.

Either that or they're about to quit so they dick around.

I actually got used to this by playing so much Dead Men. It sucks but once in a while you will have this really good game.

Also I don't agree with making someone a traitor for all the rounds. I mean I don't do it every round but usually in the first or third...depends on when I need to get to the top of the game. It's the part of the game to become traitor and run with all but it's the hard part. You can play around and be the good guy but if you really want to win, you need to be greedy and selfish. However killing or grabbing people at the looting point is just sad, cause you probably not going to escape. Also grabbing people before entering the van is equally as sad.

That's why I always hang around, trying to be last to enter the van. Many people try to kill me at point but some succeed and some don't. Many actually kill me just to get hit by the van.

I wouldn't ever have a problem with someone who kills me before getting into the van. It's probably the best opportunity to take, especially if you are the last two with no room for revenge.

But obviously once a traitor always a traitor. Sure I'll do it. But it'll probably be in the third round. I've seemed to be near enough to the top of the score to actually wait until the last round.

I didn't really come across the problem on the first one either. I guess it must be PS3 people actually understanding the objective. While I however don't care I will win at any cost but I won't do something stupid like killing people near the start of the game.

Every game I've had on the 360 has actually resulted in this. Shame really since that one doesn't freeze and lock up.

I just feel the team should be always aware of someone who has become a traitor in the past. Not in the same way as getting money for killing them at the start of the round but in a more subtle way to let people know that person can't be trusted all the way.

I saw the next part in one of those ultra complaint threads:

Host quitting: We need some host migration. I've had a few games end because the host quits. That's pretty lame.

Originally Posted by Aureilia
    But obviously once a traitor always a traitor.
    No way. Maybe some but that's lame, keep others in suspense.

Imagine this a new round...is whole new game. No hard feelings if someone killed you last time.

Has anyone actually split their take with the driver? I've never found an instance where I've needed or wanted to do that.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Has anyone actually split their take with the driver? I've never found an instance where I've needed or wanted to do that.
    Yeah once, i think i had 3 million or something, and i didnt want to share with the other people. In the end it probably was a bad move because the other people were really slow to get into the van anyways.

Sometimes I'm first to the Van while holding $2.5 Million+. I figure jump in, split it with the Driver and I'll be ahead by heaps. Doesn't always work. The remaining Criminals might shoot it out resulting in 1 Criminal with a HEAP of dough, but he'll usually get killed by other Criminals or Respawn Cops.

Also it's just fun to leave everybody there at the Van pickup area. I have a friend that ALWAYS splits it with the Driver just for the hell of it, regardless of how much Money he is holding, just so he can watch everyone else shoot it out while they wait for the next Van. Sicko.

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    No way. Maybe some but that's lame, keep others in suspense.

Imagine this a new round...is whole new game. No hard feelings if someone killed you last time.
    I fail to imagine that. I'd make sure I extract revenge. I'd be happy knowing I had revenge and I'd proudly carry that traitor tag just for the revenge.

I forgive accidents, not obvious kills

I fail to imagine that. I'd make sure I extract revenge. I'd be happy knowing I had revenge and I'd proudly carry that traitor tag just for the revenge.

I forgive accidents, not obvious kills

Learn to play the game. If you're one of those sad people that kill as soon as they see my GamerTag than you need either an anger management class or just another carbon copy of World War II online shooter.

You kill me at spot and you will get ganged up by other mercs. You die, you don't re-spawn so you quit the game. I know your kind, seen too many.

Nah, I never quit games, Never have and never will.

If someone kills me in the round before. I'll make sure they don't win. It's revenge which the game advertises. It's like if someone teamkills you in anything, you're going to go after them.

Plus my kind? I take that as some sort of sexist comment.

Defiantly sexist, totally. Grow up.

It's hard to believe, but maybe you're telling the truth that's good for you. However, I think you're mistaken. The game is not about taking revenge, it's about winning.

Besides, I hate people who hold grudges. It's a damn game, no hard feelings.

Don't be an idiot. He was referring to "your kind" as in the type of gamer you are. Just because we're girls and they're guys doesn't mean everything they say towards us is sexist, honey.

And killing someone who killed you before is stupid. It's a video game, so calm down.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I can't believe you are generalizing about 360 gamers just not understanding the objective. I guarantee you will get the exact same proportion of that type of player no matter what console you play on. To say it is a problem with the 360 in general is very close minded of you.

Also, if three of you were bunched up enough for a fire extinguisher to work, then the other player was taking advantage of a situation that may not pop up again, he wasn't being stupid. Hell, that's why fire extinguishers are on the map in the first place.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Just a game? JUST a game?

Kane & Lynch is a way of life.... it's like Fight Club... except without Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, and we all wear shirts. Other than that, it's exactly like Fight Club.

Just a game? JUST a game?

Kane & Lynch is a way of life.... it's like Fight Club... except without Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, and we all wear shirts. Other than that, it's exactly like Fight Club.
    You sound slightly insane, just letting you know

I actually think you are the one who needs to "grow up"

If you say something that can be taken as offensive then it is actually your problem for putting it across in that manner.

You can't to and try to detract blame from yourself when it's actually something you said that sparked the reaction.

I love the little troll sheep you have following you too. Kind of cute. But I'm not afraid of the internet bullies sorry.

You can take that as offensive if you like. It sure was intended to be.

I'll take this moment to apologize to everyone else for what these people turned a peaceful thread into.

Honestly, it's your fault for taking that comment as sexist. There was absolutely nothing in his post that implied he was being sexist. How you even jumped to that conclusion is beyond my understanding, because he was clearly referring to players that hold grudges and take revenge kills.

Yes, he intended it to be an insult, but you are the one that brought it to a whole new level by jumping to your random conclusion, so don't try to send the blame back at him. Get off your high horse.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Everyone who disagrees with what I say is a troll who just wants to mess with me. They obviously are wrong and have no valid points whatsoever. Also, they are sexist.
    Are you sure you're not Chris-chan?

Oh wait, if you were Chris-chan there'd be more references to Sonichu.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Plus my kind? I take that as some sort of sexist comment.
    What you doing on the internet?! Get back into the kitchen woman, and make me a sandwich ASAP!

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    What you doing on the internet?! Get back into the kitchen woman, and make me a sandwich ASAP!
    You just won the internet sir. Take it... it's yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last