Thread: Hey, check this thing out

Hey, check this thing out

Hey, check this thing out

http://iwl.me/

You throw in something you've written, and it tells you who you write like.

I'm going to use some fanfiction, I suggest you guys use forum posts.

Apparently, when I was writing Last Stand I was writing like Raymond Chandler- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Chandler

Mmmmkay.

And apparently Katamari Damacy was written in the style of Neil Gaiman. I was going for H.P. Lovecraft but some of Gaiman's work (A Study In Emerald) was based off of Lovecraft. So, whatever.

Both are good authors.

Now I need to find out what the site says Grievous writes like.

Also, check this out: http://derp.cheezburger.com/2010/07/...g-to-the-bank/

EDIT: LOL, one of Grievous's posts got the result of James Joyce.

Awesome.

"Joyce's method of stream of consciousness, literary allusions and free dream associations was pushed to the limit in Finnegans Wake, which abandoned all conventions of plot and character construction and is written in a peculiar and obscure language, based mainly on complex multi-level puns."
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I tried the herp derp thing with a different combination of herps and derps. It gave me J. D. Salinger. I think I broke it.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

I wrote some of my music lyrics down and it says I write like Stephen King.

EDIT: two of my other lyrics give me Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Exclamation

Take that ! That's for underestimating my superior intelligence ! ...

Wait ... James ? ... AGAIN ? ...

Next thing you know , one morning i'll see on my ID that my name Really Is 'James' ...

By the way that system gave me three results on a same text i've written , weird ...

Edit : Apparently
    Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game, and there's no way Grievous can talk me out of it because I won't read any post that's over two medium-sized paragraphs.
    Agatha Christie wrote that ...

And Brackstone is Vladimir Nabokov ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

4th lyric gave me Bram Stoker...

Holy , Jack, how morbid are your lyrics?

And Grievous, short passages don't work well with the thing. You need a lot of text to put in.

That's why your posts are perfect for it.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Holy , Jack, how morbid are your lyrics?
    Let's just say that they're not very optimistic
    And Grievous, short passages don't work well with the thing. You need a lot of text to put in.

You're going to break it, Slash. You're going to break it...

I just put in every swear word, slang for genitals, racism and sexism and i got Stephen King.

I should write a book...

Big Grin

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I just put in every swear word, slang for genitals, racism and sexism and i got Stephen King.
    Lol , i also got Stephen King once , when i posted this ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Take that ! That's for underestimating my superior intelligence ! ...

Wait ... James ? ... AGAIN ? ...

Next thing you know , one morning i'll see on my ID that my name Really Is 'James' ...

By the way that system gave me three results on a same text i've written , weird ...
    Anywya ...

I got J.D. Salinger a few times , and some Cory woman ...

Wonder how much it takes to get Alan Wake ...

I'm going to put in that terrible fanfic I tried to do a Dramatic Reading of.

My bet is Stephanie Meyer, but you never know.

EDIT: Lol, Cory Doctorow. I don't quite understand that, since Cory Doctorow is actually pretty good and funny, even if the technical jargon is a little much for me: http://www.salon.com/technology/feat...8/28/0wnz0red/

I wonder if it's a troll fic written by Doctorow out of boredom.

However, there is some sense to it- if Grievous got the same result, then he and the chick who wrote a mastubatory Nightmare on Elm Street fanfiction are rather similar in their grasp of the English language, grammar, and sentence flow.

That sounds about right.

The first one to get Kyle Ward gets banned from this forum. Permanently.

Ok, so I went back and found my longest forum posts, all of them from that endings topic. I always got Dan Brown. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Big Grin

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    The first one to get Kyle Ward gets banned from this forum.
    *putting in down into the forum rules* ...

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Ok, so I went back and found my longest forum posts, all of them from that endings topic. I always got Dan Brown. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
    I got yah Vladimir Nabokov on one of your short posts ...

Who cares if it isn't extra long posts ...

I got Stephenie Meyer on one of my crime short stories.

My life is complete!

EDIT: Odd how when I included the ending I got Chuck Palahniuk instead...

yeah! I actually put in a short horror story i made and i got H.P. Lovecraft.

My story is not even finished and i just started chapter 2.

I wonder if I can find any of the terrible old fanfiction I had...it's probably all lost forever now.

Question

How did you manage to lose the stories you've written ? ...

Unless your computer hard drive blew up of course , happened to me once ...

I have a different computer than I did when I was 11 and a writer of Sonic fanfiction.

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    I tried the herp derp thing with a different combination of herps and derps. It gave me J. D. Salinger. I think I broke it.
    To write like Salinger would be like:

I left college to up the *** would and *** pretend that I was a *** new york cousteau.

maybe not, hell if I *** know
    Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am.

Double Jeopardy Post.

From yours truly - "It was late one sunday morning as he rose out of his bed. He looked out of the window like Zeus did upon the earth. It was in his head that today was his day to change the world."

Result - Ray Bradbury

Thank you for the link and I will most definitely look this guy up.

If you'll excuse me I need to copy and paste some of Tupac's lyrics to see if he actually IS like Machiavelli.
    Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am.

I got Stephen King. I haven't read any Stephen King in my life.
    That and I write pulp, not horror.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

I write like James Joyce!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Lol , i also got Stephen King once , when i posted this ...

Anywya ...

I got J.D. Salinger a few times , and some Cory woman ...

Wonder how much it takes to get Alan Wake ...
    You have to plagerize stephen king

Arrow

It's too complicated ...

25. Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Oh wow im reading this like months later but i still find this *** hilarious.
    signature image