Thread: Screen tearing in PS3 Demo

Screen tearing in PS3 Demo

Screen tearing in PS3 Demo

Will the final version of this game be V-synced? I really hope so cause if there will be as much screen tearing as in the PS3 demo i'm gonna avoid this game.

Come on vsync leads to delayed controls in most cases, I turn it off whenever I can. I'd rather have a little screentearing than controls a la killzone 2 where it takes about half a second for the game to register your input

with good programming smooth controls and screen tearing-free graphics are possible...

Now come on, dudes. This game serves us macroblocking, light bleeding and other visual artifacts - seriously, if there's a game that has an actual excuse for some tearing, it's K&L2.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Wink

That's cheating ! ...
    Them sly danish folks ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

that's why i think that the tearing is so annoying. the overall artistic style and graphics are great. i just can't stand tearing, it feels like a broken game for me. but hey, it's just me, the vast majority of the players won't bother and buy it anyway.

I wholly believe they left the screen tearing in to go with all the other visual effects they use to make it look like a grainy, realistic Youtube video. It's part of the style, I'm pretty sure, and it has the added bonus of at least letting the framerate be smoother.

One question though, is it present in the Xbox 360 version of the game too? This would tell us a great deal of whether it is intended or not.

I just played the PS3 version. but honestly, if they wanna go youtube-style, tearing just doesn't fit.

Here is a Comparison of the PS3 and the PC (final) Version:
    it seems the tearing is not a means of style but bad programing.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/kane...-off-ps3-vs-pc