Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Headshot censorship is really, really dumb

Headshot censorship is really, really dumb

Come to think of it, I for one think the mosaic on gory parts enhances the gritty feeling. You get the feeling your character just done a horrible thing. It puts an emphasis on what transpired rather than some corpse on the floor where you - in the head of action – will hardly notice.

Originally Posted by VegaSagatBison
    This exact issue has probably been discussed a million times here before. I'll be succinct.

Your imagination concocts far worse things when you try to think about what is behind those mozaics. Your mind fills in the blanks.

It's really clever when you think about it.
    Never been said in a better way. Much props.
    See yall in the radio tower

It all comes together when you have headshotted targets squirming and moaning on the floor, pressing their hands against the squished remains of their noggin.

If you ever saw a real execution via headshot (probably that one infamous scene from Saigon, Vietnam), you pretty much know that you don't really want to see what's going on behind the pixels.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Personally, I think Bud Dwyer's suicide is more disturbing. But yes, in general, headshots are not a pretty sight to see.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Budd Dwyer's death has an extremely surreal quality due to the ludicrous fountain of blood shooting from his nostrils. I've seen hell a lot of far more disturbing scenes, however, back in the days when I was editing and archiving Somali war footage. Also, if you ever have attended the medical treatment of a sexually abused child, everything else will all of a sudden seem to you like a trifle...
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    I've seen hell a lot of far more disturbing scenes, however, back in the days when I was editing and archiving Somali war footage.
    Well, go figure. Bunch of primates there.

Anyways, there's also the front cover of Mayhem's Dawn of the Black Hearts album. "Sorry for the blood."

But ... attended the medical treatment of a sexually abused child?! No. Nor am I planning to. And honestly, I blew a gore fuse back in the days after seeing the first 20 minutes of Earthlings. Scarred me for life.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by sloppinjoe
    I am very disapointed with the censorship of the headshots, it takes the gritty tone of the game down a few notches, and just seems retarded to do. I am an adult and if i should be able to see a decent headshot in my 3rd person shooter, since after all i might potentially be giving eidos 65+ of my hard earned dollars. There should at least be an option to turn the headshot censorship on or off.
    HOLY ANOTHER GUY THAT UNDERSTANDS MY PROBLEM WITH THE HEADSHOT CENSORING BS! I agree man! I freaking agree!

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234