Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Compressed textures in the K&L demo

Compressed textures in the K&L demo

Compressed textures in the K&L demo

I am confused here. We have complaints about censorship and camera shaking etc. But no one even mentions the compression quality of this game? The graphics quality is just bad. It's like watching a 360p youtube video of someone playing a video game. I heard that that was the intention to make the game appear atmospheric. But I fail to understand how anyone could find that attractive? It makes the game look really bad. I thought my graphics card was literally failing because of the compressed look of the game and some weird vertical line on the right side.

I mean come on Eidos? Really? Compression is supposed to add some unique touch to the game? I don't buy that crap. If I want to see that quality in a game, I would go to youtube and watch some other person playing the first Kane and Lynch in 340p or 480p.

Lightbulb

So i take it this is a love it or hate it game , then ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Rolleyes

Much like the first game where most people hated it more so than people who loved it. I loved the first game, I pretty much hate this one due to the stupid look of it. I mean come on...why make the game look like a standard youtube video, even going far as to adding distorted effects to make the game's appearance look like it's old or corrupted? Were these guys drunk during the development of this game?

You know you kinda sound like the guys that hated the first one...

I thought the first one was decent. It was good and it was under-rated. But for this game, as much as I enjoyed the demo for how short it was, the effects ruined it for me.

Arrow

Originally Posted by dikinher
    I thought the first one was decent. It was good and it was under-rated. But for this game, as much as I enjoyed the demo for how short it was, the effects ruined it for me.
    I think we may have misunderstood each other. I'm not saying you disliked the first.

You completly missed the point, anyway, did you noticed this just now? becouse, it's not like they're hiding it...

I think its an interesting visual style which is cool to see developers trying something different like how the game WET looked, but I have to admit it was a bit drawing on my eyes and I agree the blocky poor compression look kind of bugged me. Maybe Id get used to it, but I don't know.
    SWAN DIVE! Into the best night of your life.

just turn off the shaky camera, and turn on sharpen in the video options. Looks pretty damn good, way better then the 360 version...

Any of youse guys catch IO's point in making the game like this? It was supposed to be a ty, youtube-like experience. So either learn to like it or save your cash for Medal of Duty 7
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

game is 576p on consoles, and the textures are not that high.. so thats the reason. i played the demo on pc at 1680x1050 and the game looked very different
    here is a basic comparison i made

signature image

Meh.. people have funny hang-ups when it comes to game graphics. The crisp look of video games looks super fake and just reveals the shortcomings of 3D and hardware. When the game is in motion, I actually prefer the 360 image because it looks more cinematic.

Check out this movie still for reference (OMG so blurry!):

Now notice how fake the lighting and color balance in this Uncharted screenshot is. Also note how crude the geometry and texture work looks. But some people just don't notice any of this because all they care about is that it look uber-crisp... (uber-crisp = awesome graphics remember?)

IMO, mood, atmosphere and realism >>>>>> resolution ..anyday
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Check out the grease in Lynch's hair.....

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    Meh.. people have funny hang-ups when it comes to game graphics. The crisp look of video games looks super fake and just reveals the shortcomings of 3D and hardware. When the game is in motion, I actually prefer the 360 image because it looks more cinematic.

Check out this movie still for reference (OMG so blurry!):

Now notice how fake the lighting and color balance in this Uncharted screenshot is. Also note how crude the geometry and texture work looks. But some people just don't notice any of this because all they care about is that it look uber-crisp... (uber-crisp = awesome graphics remember?)

IMO, mood, atmosphere and realism >>>>>> resolution ..anyday
    U cant judge a game from 06 how about uncharted 2
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Originally Posted by 2Rare2Die
    U cant judge a game from 06 how about uncharted 2
    Oh yeah, Uncharted 2... I refuse to play that game because that damned depth of field and motion blur is ruining the texture resolution. Get my point?

dude, come on.. uncharted 2 had the best visuals this gen in my book.
    signature image

I thought metro 2033 looked way better then uncharted 2.

I was being sarcastic about boycotting it simply because of the DOF. Question is: did you like it so much because every pixel on the screen was perfectly crisp at all times?

All I'm saying is that there is more to graphics than 'crispness'. Am I really being so unclear in my posts?

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I was being sarcastic about boycotting it simply because of the DOF. Question is: did you like it so much because every pixel on the screen was perfectly crisp at all times?

All I'm saying is that there is more to graphics than 'crispness'. Am I really being so unclear in my posts?
    I don't really know what were talking about..... Everyone was doing It, I just wanted to be popular.

We're already internet celebrities thanks to Grievous' legendary video

PS: Drake has lady hands

Question

Grievous' legendary video
    Is that legit?! If so Ive never seen it.

I dont get it...

Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    Is that legit?! If so Ive never seen it.
    Yeah dude, I get -tons of fan mail everyday.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Thumbs Down

I like how I'm the fat guy being smacked in the face by lynch.....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last