Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Too much health on MP?

Too much health on MP?

Too much health on MP?

i have a hunch this was discussed already but i didnt find a topic with that name.

am i the only one thinking it takes to many bullets to kill a human in MP?
    isnt like 5 bullets to the chest enough in close range? maybe 2 headshots? and when he is down on the ground, is it really necessary to make the downed guy survive additional 5 or 6 shots?

i find it so weird i can keep shooting at the same human enemy for long minutes, hitting him 5 or 6 times only so he can regenerate and get back into the fight like nothing happened. same goes when i flank a criminal as a cop and im right behind him, spraying a magazine into him , he falls on the ground, turns around while lying down and kills me. even if my was was terrible, surviving SO many bullets seems insane IMO.

and it makes sense when im on the receiving end - if the AI is shooting at me and hitting me i barely even need to stop my jogging to grab cover. i know i can survive a lot more bullets so i even stop and pick up some ammo while im getting riddled with metal. and because of that the AI is barely a threat.

shouldnt this be re-balanced?

i think they dead it to go hand in hand with the traitor feature, but I do think it could be scaled down a bit more EG.

1-2 shots = yellow card 3-4 shots = Traitor 6+ = dead lol this is all depending on the range and weapon power of course .
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted. it, ill make it up as I go along ."

As I already said, to me it reeks like nothing else but a lagging issue.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Ive hosted alot of games and got the upper hand in the connection and most of the time its just ridiclous how many times you have to shot a human to kill him.

I think it should be as this.

Human Health = AI Health

* When AI attack human - 15% weapon power

that way everyone has same health which is lowered and easier to die yet still fair game against AI

Yes, health in MP needs to be reduced... and I agree the AI is hardly even a threat.

If Human Health = AI Health the 80% of the players will be dead after the first minute.
    It would be awsome!

Originally Posted by Cyniad
    If Human Health = AI Health the 80% of the players will be dead after the first minute.
    It would be awsome!
    lol.

in SP on HARD it feels better. a lot better. and in SP u survive encounters with odds of about 6 cops to 2 criminals. it seems like in MP the odds are actually in favor of the criminals or almost equal. if health was lower than the advancing would be slower and the van should arrive a few seconds later but everything else will work fine. just the same way u die quickly in SP but makes u play more carefully cuz of it, it should be the same in MP.

when i played MP for the first time i ducked behind cover and played really carefully. now i just run past the cops to a decent cover even though im taking dozens of hits.

not only the AI isn't a threat, shootouts between one human and another single human NEVER end. only if there are 2 humans against 1 human than they flank the single guy and kill him, but this is not Brothers in Arms. it's K&L and it should NOT be like this.

the only reason why i might think the health amount makes sense is if u unlock weapons that make it make sense but still - the weapons u start with should NOT feel like potato guns.

I'm in love with the rhythm of the combat I've experience so far. It reminds me of a mix between Gears 1 and COD4.

You've got the circle strafing dance from Gears. And then there's the empty weapon 1 and quickly switch to weapon 2 to finish him off. It's very fun to engage in combat, and also feels rewarding when you do end up killing a human opponent. You wouldn't be able to have these kinds of duels if it weren't for the high health.

And the combat with the AI feels fine in terms of health. You need to take into account that you could be taking on all those cops by yourself towards the end.

I feel like they should do something to make teamwork between the criminals more of a necessity in multiplayer. As it is, it's way too easy to just kill everyone early on and get to the van on your own.

Originally Posted by topeira
    not only the AI isn't a threat, shootouts between one human and another single human NEVER end. only if there are 2 humans against 1 human than they flank the single guy and kill him, but this is not Brothers in Arms. it's K&L and it should NOT be like this.
    I disagree.

It should BE like this.

I think its pretty realistic for gunfights to last a long time(if both combatants are in cover), just like in real life.

On a side note, i think the thing you dislike is the fact that the recovery is so fast in this game. I can shoot a guy to "Down-not-dead" position, then reload, and by the time i have reloaded he has recovered and taken cover/run away.

Question

Is there still body armor to purchase between rounds ? or just guns ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Is there still body armor to purchase between rounds ? or just guns ...
    In the pc public demo its only guns, dont you have it?

Grievous doesn't play video games, maninblue...
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Grievous doesn't play video games, maninblue...
    oh yeah i forgot, droids dont play video games...

Wink

I keep breaking them controllers , waiting that they make one in titanium ...

Anywya , maybe that's why players seem to have so much health , to compensate with the removal of body armors all players will now have a equal amount of insane health ...

So we better all buy the DLCs to get them five stars weapons or whatever ...

Edit : Dog Man , you forgot to mention that while i don't play them video games , i rant about them instead ! straight to the point ! ... And effective ...

Edit : Dog Man , you forgot to mention that while i don't play them video games , i rant about them instead ! straight to the point ! ... And effective ...
    True. For instance; he rants about about Heavy Rain without having even bothered to play the damn game. Genius. Absolute genius. Grievous is, like, our very own Roger Ebert in a way.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

True. For instance; he rants about about Heavy Rain without having even bothered to play the damn game. Genius. Absolute genius.
    I was more thinking on Among Thieves , and to some extent , the whole future of Kane & Lynch's franchise ...

Originally Posted by [WuTang] Shogun
    i would prefer body armor for realism
    I've noticed that this game ain't that much about realism afterall , really ...

Grievous is, like, our very own Roger Ebert in a way.
    Hey at least i do find a couple of games to be pure art ...

It's just that it's never the games you would agree with ...

i would prefer body armor for realism, you dont give me extra ammo instead of saying i have stuffed some in my sock

Hey at least i do find a couple of games to be pure art ...

It's just that it's never the games you would agree with ...
    SH2, Ico, SotC, Limbo, Dead Men, ...?

Thumbs Up

SH2, Portal, Braid, Limbo, Dead Men, ...?
    Much Better ...

By the way did the train just stopped ? Hey why are we upside down all of a sudden ? ...

Haven't played Braid. Portal is still on my wishlist (only way of getting my hands on it is the Still Alive downloadable version... I prefer a physical copy. No, I don't play PC games. And no, I don't want The Orange Box.)

But ok, let's get this topic back on track. Too much health on mp is bad, mmmkay?

Rolleyes

Braid is actually Limbo , except in color ...

Yeah yeah yeah and Multiplayer sucks anywya , everyone ! do not play online mode ! we must show to the developers that we do not support the idea of online related achievements / trophies ! ...

Besides a lot of people says the multiplayer is broken , no big loss ...

Braid is actually Limbo , except in color ...
    Yeah well colors are for hippies.

I love how we're still on topic.

My bad... But what is there to say? Too much health in mp. I confirm. What now?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last