Thread: Parachute not opening

Parachute not opening

Parachute not opening

This may sound like a stupid question... But is there a reason why- When I'm falling from ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, or even grappling- I can't open my parachute???
    is it to do with the guns i'm carrying or what? but since when you ask for an extraction he drops you from 8000 ft i can't actually survive unless i grapple to the floor before i slam into it!! Is it a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

As long as you're in the skydiving position or grappling something or driving in a vehicle or riding on top of one (someone remind me if there are any other instancs) you should be able to open your chute, regardless of weapon. Maybe something's wrong with your controller button/keyboard button?

controller broken?
    just cause 2 is teh best!!Rico 4 president.

Thanks guys, But no.. controller is fine... open/close parachute is also jump, and I can do that fine... really don't know!!! actually really really annoying...

Originally Posted by seggsy
    Thanks guys, But no.. controller is fine... open/close parachute is also jump, and I can do that fine... really don't know!!! actually really really annoying...
    Ok I have a few questions. which console are you playing on? and if you are using an XBOX 360 control or a PS3 control on the pc a glitch in the PC game could stop just the chute from opening. Also if you are playing on the pc and have a certain mod installed, it could have glitched the chute to stop working also, as I know almost this exact thing has happenned to me on a different PC game because of a mod.
    If you are not playing on a computer than there is a glitch in the game itsself and you should go to best buy and get another JC2 game.

Playing it on a 360... So will a new disc solve the problem do you think?

That is a known bug, in your save something must have gone wrong while doing a mission in which you jumped off a building while getting a cutscene showing Rico freefalling, with the building exploding in the background. A new disc won't solve this. A new save will, but that probably isn't something you want to hear.

I heard a rumor that, if you do another mission with such a cutscene of Rico freefalling from a building, you might get it back. But I'm not sure of this!

I had this problem on my profile and I managed to fix it. (On PS3) This glitch occurs when you complete the "Pirate Broadcast" mission for the Reapers. When you jump of the building the satellite dish blows up behind you and you have just lost your ability to deploy your parachute. Now, I was too stubborn to quit my profile because I liked the game so much I kept on playing without my parachute. Unfortunately, the game became more difficult and boring without it and I was almost about to quit for good. Now, I found a mission that "cures" you of this parachute glitch. That mission is "Stranded" mission for the Ular boys. I believe that it was a stronghold take-over and I was cured of this awful glitch which shouldn't occur in the first place. Unfortunately, I do not know if this works for Xbox 360 or PC. You could try the same thing but I will not guarantee it. I ONLY KNOW THIS WORKS ON THE PS3!!! Also, if you have completed the "Stranded" mission before the "Pirate Broadcast" then you might as well start over. (Or be stubborn like me!) I hope this helped.

Originally Posted by Rediakol
    I had this problem on my profile and I managed to fix it. (On PS3) This glitch occurs when you complete the "Pirate Broadcast" mission for the Reapers. When you jump of the building the satellite dish blows up behind you and you have just lost your ability to deploy your parachute. Now, I was too stubborn to quit my profile because I liked the game so much I kept on playing without my parachute. Unfortunately, the game became more difficult and boring without it and I was almost about to quit for good. Now, I found a mission that "cures" you of this parachute glitch. That mission is "Stranded" mission for the Ular boys. I believe that it was a stronghold take-over and I was cured of this awful glitch which shouldn't occur in the first place. Unfortunately, I do not know if this works for Xbox 360 or PC. You could try the same thing but I will not guarantee it. I ONLY KNOW THIS WORKS ON THE PS3!!! Also, if you have completed the "Stranded" mission before the "Pirate Broadcast" then you might as well start over. (Or be stubborn like me!) I hope this helped.
    You just saved my 13 1/2 hours savegame with that information. Thanks a whole fracking bunch! To this day, this game has been out for over 3 years and I'm majorly disappointed that this has not been bug fixed. At all. I tried a "Fix Parachute" savegame patch before but that didn't work, a wild guess is that it was for a different version of the game.

I'm recording a bit ahead of release schedule, but I'm recording my commented gameplay... usually only while drinking or drunk, so don't take it too seriously. Here's that playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...XUcb5KMqQGp-q7. And be sure, this will come up in a later episode than of the time of my post ;)