Thread: Reasonable timetable for new info?

Reasonable timetable for new info?

Reasonable timetable for new info?

So, now that E3 is come and gone, when do you guys expect to have any new information?

Personally I've grown quite tired of having the same old arguments about the same (STILL highly speculative) subjects on this forum. I used to check in here on a daily basis, but lately...well, between the "haters vs. true believers" battles and the stone-cold silence from EM, I just haven't had the motivation to do so.

Has anyone locked down a lead on when we might know something more?

D'Astous twittered that they were working on exiting new stuff for GamesCom in August.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    D'Astous twittered that they were working on exiting new stuff for GamesCom in August.
    The question is: Will we get to see any of it?
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Originally Posted by Fluffis
    True. Makes you wonder what wasn't ready in June but would be ready for the public in August? I get the feeling we'll be locked out once again.

Hell no. They'll be tight-lipped about the whole affair. If we are massively lucky we might get a new screenshot or two from the twitter feed or blog. Our best bet for something new is to wait for the carbon copy interviews and reviews that will appear after GamesCom. They might contain a fraction of new info or a new screenshot or two.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    Hell no. They'll be tight-lipped about the whole affair. If we are massively lucky we might get a new screenshot or two from the twitter feed or blog. Our best bet for something new is to wait for the carbon copy interviews and reviews that will appear after GamesCom. They might contain a fraction of new info or a new screenshot or two.
    Heh. At least the carbon copy ones keep some of the hope alive. The one posted here, by Ilves, actually gave me a couple of chills... and not in a good way.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Originally Posted by WildcatPhoenix

Has anyone locked down a lead on when we might know something more?
    A similar thread asked the same question. I would guess we'll get more info when our new Community Manager clocks in for duty.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by MrsP
    A similar thread asked the same question. I would guess we'll get more info when our new Community Manager clocks in for duty.
    Who is this man and what powers bestow upon him for which his arrival would make us understand more about this great intricate mystery?
    the telescopic evolution paradigm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxX-Z6w3p4

Oh, dear.

I'm actually vaguely hopeful on this one. Gamescom is, after all, a public event, unlike E3. Sure, they could keep everything except the CG trailer behind closed doors, but if so, why bother working on new stuff specifically for a public event? It makes no sense.

That said, Eidos Montreal's marketing "plan" hasn't made any sense from the start, so trying to make a logical assumption may be doomed to failure from the start.

Hey Ash, how are the travel plans shaping up?

Sadly I won't be going to Gamescom. All of my geeky friends are busy that weekend with either work or (even worse) girlfriends. I could go on my own, but it's a lot cheaper if I can go with someone else from the UK. :S

Never. Not even after the game comes out.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    That said, Eidos Montreal's marketing "plan" hasn't made any sense from the start, so trying to make a logical assumption may be doomed to failure from the start.
    This is what I'm saying.