Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Where's the demo?

Where's the demo?

guys i dont have problem with IOI its my favorit company , BUT the game is release for xbox live and the pc version is not released

I'll give you that, it sucks that we have to wait much longer after the XBOX, not to mention the PS3, I just hope this treatment is only regarding the demo, and once the full version is out the PC version will get the same support as the consoles

IO has nothing to do with it. Just wait while Steam update their servers. It's up to them now.

Ok, Thx Acid Burn

thx acid burn

Originally Posted by Shingahai
    I'll give you that, it sucks that we have to wait much longer after the XBOX, not to mention the PS3, I just hope this treatment is only regarding the demo, and once the full version is out the PC version will get the same support as the consoles
    Usually steam start to release news, renew store pages and update patches at 9:00am GMT -8. So I am pretty sure the pc demo coming soon, probably less than 2 hours

I Hope you're right I'll keep refreshing the page every now and then (the demo page on steam). and thanks Acid Burn for the info

Still nothing. 11:04 AM

While I already have played the demo on my PS3 - just some minutes since I immediately knew it was special and don't want to spoil the final game experience (incredible single player, best cinematography in a game so far, can't believe how the game changed from the bad part one - multiplayer very buggy still unfortunately), I still can't wait to download it again on PC. Because I have to know if it will support the xbox controller. If so I might buy just the PC version. (Games without controller are just awful, can't stand mouse+keyboard anymore)

Does anyone know if this game even will appear on the steam website if you're from Germany? (I buy all my games on amazon.co.uk, and also have created an steam uk acc, but have to know if I have to switch for the demo)

Assuming what commander1948 said is right, we have about 25 minute left till release rejoice

Look what i have found:
    Code:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/28020

Yes! Affirmative. The demo is online.

omg its on steam i download with 1.2 mb/sec very good

Originally Posted by LUKSi
    Look what i have found:
    Code:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/28020
    You make my day

Awesome, seriously awesome Thanks LUKSi, you're awesome

We are go for launch. I repeat, we are go for launch.

my download speed is insane!

Very Thanks LUKSI !! +1

Extra launch for you guys Download before anyone else

patience is the key
    havev a nice time with the demo!
    signature image

Enjoy, gentlemen.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Ok, cool to see full xbox controller support for PC as well (games without controller suck)...
    So I'm gonna buy it for PC (perhaps faster fixes as well).. for about 30 EUR at amazon.co.uk (obviously not at overpriced steam)
    but the mp is just as awful/buggy as it was in the PS3 demo.. Come on.. why can't every game have Uncharted 2 quality..
    I really hope this wasn't the final code... and there will be a lot of fixes for mp.. it's so promising.. but so bad so far.
    Anyway, can't wait to play it in SP.. hopefully a lot of story (and not just shooting 100% of the time).

There's an amazing background on Steam now :P

Indeed, the background is awesome. and Creasy, care to tell us which bugs have you encountered? didn't have a chance to play yet, download will finish in 7 minutes, just wanna see what you've encountered to see if i get the same bugs

Edit: My impressions from the demo - the single player was great, honestly, it shows that IO listens to the community cause pretty much everything I had a problem with in the first game was fixed here, only bad thing is that it was short as hell, and i had some FPS drops, but nothing too serious.
    The Multiplayer portion though, I didn't get to test yet, can't find matches and no one joins mine, so I'll try again tomorrow after some more people actually had time to download the demo

I also encountered a couple of bugs online, for example the game crashed on me a couple of times AFTER I played FA, not as horrible as on the ps3 version where you have to reset the console, I only had to restart the game, still pretty annoying though.. also there was this weird glitch where the round had actually started but we didn't have any guns, and there were no enemies, we were just running around, and then suddenly we got our guns and the enemies all showed up... I gotta say though overall the game looks extremely sharp if you choose a high resolution, I thought all the effects would make it look like it was all shot with a crappy cam, but compared to the console versions it's very crisp. SP was awesome, mp is still kinda buggy overall, however considering the kind of support pc gamers usually get nowadays I'm not sure if this stuff will ever be fixed..

Can I play online with everybody else with the exclusive demo or do I need to redownload it.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last