Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCGoL LIVE avatar coolness

LCGoL LIVE avatar coolness

Hi, this is hot off the press!

LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT ON XBOX LIVE® – NEWPREMIUM THEME AND AVATAR APPAREL

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - July 23rd, 2010 - Crystal Dynamics®, a part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to announce that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light™ Premium Theme and Avatar items will be available as of the 29th of July on Xbox LIVE ® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

In Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft joins forces with Totec, The Guardian of Light, in order to fight off an ancient evil threatening to engulf the world in never-ending darkness. Players will journey through the game in a franchise first isometric cooperative adventure that aims to deliver intense action and bite-sized puzzles.

You don’t have to wait until Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is released to get started! Head over to the Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace from July 29th, 2010 for your first chance to get Lara Croft gear for your Xbox LIVE Avatar in one of the many themed outfits and accessories from the game. Whether it’s Lara’s iconic shorts or Totec’s battledress, you can experience part of the brand new adventure early by equipping your Avatar with plenty of colorful and intricate new outfits and accessories! Items range from 40 Microsoft Points to 240 Microsoft Points.

A Premium Theme is also available now on Xbox LIVE. Deck your console out with The Lava Tomb as Xolotl and his minions take over your system in this haunting theme for your Xbox. The Lava Tomb is available for download now on Xbox LIVE for 240 Microsoft Points.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will launch on August 18th, 2010 as part of Xbox LIVE Arcade’s Summer of Arcade, delivering this season’s biggest and best downloadable games. Available for 1200 Microsoft Points, the game is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit www.laracroftandtheguardianoflight.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook - @Crystaldynamics – Facebook.com/LaraCroft

(click image to enlarge)
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Oooh. I do rather like that Lara t-shirt.
    Thanks Keir.
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

Thanks keir
    An icone goes renaitre

pretty awesome , i know what my new theme is
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Wow! This looks awesome! Too bad I don't have an Xbox.
    Thanks anyway!

I'm so buying the turquoise top <3 Merci !

What's about PS3?

Btw that looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roli View Post
    What's about PS3?

Btw that looks nice.
    I suppose PS3 have home? I don't use it like but the majority of developers use it, like Capcom let you have the outfits from Resi 5, same with Rockstar so I suppose they might use that?

Or create on of those dynamics themes that have been popping up?

Dynamic themes, OR avatars Like the Uncharted or Assassins Creed ones, etc. what you can see on your gamer tag too.

Unhappy

Keir please answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is it always 360?
    Why is it worth?
    Tomb Raider has always PS and PC, and now the xbox 360 why the "favorite"?

I've always played on the Playstation Tomb Raider, and I do not buy 360,
    Still wait for Tomb Raider 9 and again when there are benefits such as X360, goodbye forever Tomb Raider ..
    I think this is a huge slap in the face to fans
    But I think with you only the money counts!!!!! it's sad...

(sorry for my bad English)

\ó Perfect

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Furby View Post
    Why is it always 360?
    Why is it worth?

Still wait for Tomb Raider 9 and again when there are benefits such as X360, goodbye forever Tomb Raider ..

(sorry for bad English)
    im not to hot on knowing what sort of things the PS3 has but i know this, all they can do in PC terms is give wall papers which they have already done, xbox allows for this sort of thing to customize your avatar and background this is not a flap in a face and there is no favourite console.

If they can make money from avatar and themes then let them every other game developer does it and they dont get under fire because of it. i think you should give Eidos and CD a break they are not slapping fans in the face they are just helping out the ones they can.
    signature image

I am so going to buy that Lara outfit!!!

Thanks Keir and Crystal Dynamics!

(The theme looks great but I had better save my points for the game. )
    signature image

Impressed.. Yet.. not impressed at the same time..? Hmmm.. it sums up the GOL experience so far...
    signature image
    PSN username - Kiss-Byte & XboxLive username - KissBite

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    im not to hot on knowing what sort of things the PS3 has but i know this, all they can do in PC terms is give wall papers which they have already done, xbox allows for this sort of thing to customize your avatar and background this is not a flap in a face and there is no favourite console.

If they can make money from avatar and themes then let them every other game developer does it and they dont get under fire because of it. i think you should give Eidos and CD a break they are not slapping fans in the face they are just helping out the ones they can.
    But I also think that 360 is favorite
    -TRU demo (Xbox 360 and PC)
    -BTA
    -LS
    - 4 weeks exlusive GOL
    - GOL avatar, theme ...and then transpires what comes
    And at E3 that the Xbox 360 could also be seen on the GOL could play a demo!

PS3 themes can do, or PSHome-made objects into a piece of clothing, and yet there is not no

But I also think that 360 is favorite
    -TRU demo (Xbox 360 and PC)
    -BTA
    -LS
    - 4 weeks exlusive GOL
    - GOL avatar, theme ...and then transpires what comes
    And at E3 that the Xbox 360 could also be seen on the GOL could play a demo!

PS3 themes can do, or PSHome-made objects into a piece of clothing, and yet there is not no
    fair point but you have to take into account of restrictions and marketing opportunites, if sony didn't allow the demo or were charging too much on the ps3 then they would not have released one for it

yes 360 got the 4 weeks exclusivity and the downloadable content, probably due to marketing and money aswell, TR cannot simply survive on fans buying games. With this summer arcade on xbox 360 it will promote lara and hopefully give her more fame across other people

thus giving CD more money to make better TR games in future. its not the end of the world. its just a matter of patience i can understand you would be angry, im sure i would be in your position aswell, but i see no reason why this stuff won't come to PS3 in time
    signature image

Yay! I've been wanting this for ages. I am exactly the person they're talking about in this Gamasutra news story claiming women spend twice as much as men on virtual items and currency. It's so totally lame and yet so much fun.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Why is it always 360?
    Why is it worth?

(sorry for my bad English)
    I quite agree it is a slap in the face both for PS users and PC users like myself and yes the only thing the developers think about is the money they hope to make. Well they won't be getting any of my money for GOL or TR9 for that matter.

Is that person with the horns Scotch?

Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    Yay! I've been wanting this for ages. I am exactly the person they're talking about in this Gamasutra news story claiming women spend twice as much as men on virtual items and currency. It's so totally lame and yet so much fun.
    Lol!

Well, the avatar is a representation of yourself, and it´s very prominently present on XBOX Live, so I think it´s perfectly fine to buy clothes for it and play dress-up.

I bought a Guitar Hero shirt, high tops and a guitar a while ago, lol.

I was wondering, does the Lara outfit come with dual pistols?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by bedazzled View Post
    I quite agree it is a slap in the face both for PS users and PC users like myself and yes the only thing the developers think about is the money they hope to make. Well they won't be getting any of my money for GOL or TR9 for that matter.
    They kind of need money to maKe the games. Creating TR needs more than farts and sunshine.

Because you aren't getting digital accesories, earlier dates, and extra levels, you aren't going to play any of it. That makes perfect sense
    signature image

I find it funny that people are crying and moaning once more..its like deja vu all over again lol

Thumbs Up Great stuff!

The outfits are AMAZING!!

It's not just the TRU Lara main outfit, but also the Jungle heavy, Legend biker jacket, Legend main and Doppie outfit!

I got the Legend one and the cool glasses, couldn't resist.
    But I feel like I should get a pet for my avatar as well. That cute little dino would do just fine.

Thanks CD!

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by bedazzled View Post
    Doesn't bother me any - I personally find these suitable for a much younger audience. Cheers to those who like them though

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    The outfits are AMAZING!!
    Lookin' good, L2R.

I couldn't find the green top shown in the screenshots Keir posted, though. Is that one not available or did I just miss it somehow?
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast