Thread: LIKE: Art Direction, Weapons, Pace | WANTING: Team Deathmatch

LIKE: Art Direction, Weapons, Pace | WANTING: Team Deathmatch

Thumbs Up LIKE: Art Direction, Weapons, Pace | WANTING: Team Deathmatch

I am thrilled I managed to get into the demo and I have been playing it nonstop. I am a huge fan of third-person shooters that use cover. More recently there's been a ton of them but they're getting into a pattern. Kane and Lynch 2 really breaks that pattern.

The first thing, of course, I noticed is the art direction. I love the "shaky camera" and youtube-like art-style (was worried at first, but got it on my TV and love it). Also like the weapon count - from what I have seen in Fragile Alliance - is more impressive than I realized. And finally, the most important thing is the vast improvement to the gameplay. I honestly never have played a third-person cover-based shooter that is this fast-paced. It is quite impressed, with how easily and quickly you can move from cover-to-cover; it seems like IO Interactive was really paying attention to the complaints from 'Dead Men and added onto these complaints/thoughts.

My most requested feature, then, would be simple. I am a huge fan of Team Deathmatch (in any game) and I think that it would make sense in the terms of Cops VS Robbers. I know there is "Cops and Robbers," which I definitely am looking forward to, but it would be nice to see the inclusion of (I guess you'd say) "old fashioned" modes like Team Deathmatch.

However, I am so impressed how Fragile Alliance is handled. There is a huge risk now in becoming a traitor (which I love) and you can only become a traitor ONCE the looting has begun. I do think that it would be nice if you can only become a traitor once ALL cash is picked up - that would be cool. But still, I am having a blast with Fragile Alliance. I cannot wait for the other modes!

Anyways, if you want to play me online, I am on the PS3. My PSN ID is: ThomasBros

See you later and...GAME ON!
    Robby

Cops and Robbers is Cops vs. Robbers. That mode is this game's Team Deathmatch.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Cops and Robbers is Cops vs. Robbers. That mode is this game's Team Deathmatch.
    It's the closest thing to Team Death Match in K&L. However, it's still a lot like Fragile Alliance and a little twist of Capture the Flag.

Basically the robbers have to take the money and escape while the cops have to stop them and secure the money. The money is still objective in the game unlike in Death Match where the kills are the main source of points.

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    It's the closest thing to Team Death Match in K&L. However, it's still a lot like Fragile Alliance and a little twist of Capture the Flag.

Basically the robbers have to take the money and escape while the cops have to stop them and secure the money. The money is still objective in the game unlike in Death Match where the kills are the main source of points.
    Right, what he said. Cops and Robbers is not the same as Team Deathmatch - I thought the same thing too, though, at first and was really pleased. But unfortunately, it isn't at all. When there are two players left, it also goes into Sudden Death where everyone has to watch...Naturally, I'll still play the mode though!

It would be cool to have money as a bonus in Team Deathmatch since it is such a prime focus in Kane and Lynch 2; you start out carrying, say, $100,000 and each time you kill someone, step over there body and collect. It would add to your kill score and total money grabbed. Makes sense to me...Plus a lot of people would not only just kill one another, but defend downed enemies for the collection of their loot!

Then you'd times how many kills times how much loot to finalize the winner...For example, 10 kills x $200,000 gives you your score.

What do you think??

It would be awesome if we could see "Merc vs Merc" in a team deathmatch style.... The merc models from Kane & Lynch 1, squaring off against the mercs from Kane & Lynch 2.... it'd be madness I tell you.... madness!

I could imagine a kind of deathmatch where there are multiple rounds, and each round everyone only gets to spawn once and when you die you have to watch, you know kinda like counterstrike only without a bomb, alot of games have done this already. idk I just think instant respawns would not be very kane-and-lynchy

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    I could imagine a kind of deathmatch where there are multiple rounds, and each round everyone only gets to spawn once and when you die you have to watch, you know kinda like counterstrike only without a bomb, alot of games have done this already. idk I just think instant respawns would not be very kane-and-lynchy
    Well, that's why you'd have lobbies for respawns and the main lobbies without respawns. I know it takes a lot of servers to do this (make more lobbies) but still, it would be nice. I'd love to play some variant of Team Deathmatch but with respawns. Would be awesome I tell ya! Plus it would draw in more of a crowd considering there's yet another multiplayer option.

They started Gears of War without respawns and then - at he fans' requests - added modes that supported respawns. Just hoping that the game does well and they're able to do this

It would be awesome if we could see "Merc vs Merc" in a team deathmatch style.... The merc models from Kane & Lynch 1, squaring off against the mercs from Kane & Lynch 2.... it'd be madness I tell you.... madness!
    That would be a blast. And considering the entire mercs style of KANE, it would fit into the world of Kane and Lynch. Would be so awesome!

cops and robbers is team deatmatch.
    signature image

Originally Posted by ohitspatty

Just to clarify - for now, it is close enough :P Can't wait to play you guys online!

Originally Posted by Vulture
    cops and robbers is team deatmatch.
    Not really, it still used the basic concept of Fragile Alliance.
    It would be a death match if the robbers didn't have the objective to take the money and escape. If it was the death match (team) than the objective would be to kill each other until certain score or time limit.

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating that there is a big difference.

Yep, there is a difference. I can see them using the existing maps - from what I've seen - to easily implement Team Deathmatch. The only issue (as always) is spawn killing. I don't know if any of you tried Blacklight Tango Down, but you basically spawned by two sentry guns which. For the most part, this stopped spawn-killing. Never did play the game, only watched my twin brother try the trail - lol

The good news about Team Deathmatch, unlike say Fragile Alliance, is that IO wouldn't have to worry about AI placement, and it would definitely fit with Mercs. But again, I think to keep it with that Kane and Lynch 2 "feel," as a bonus you can collect your downed opponents' cash. That would be sweet. Since the game is going gold, this all would have to be DLC - and hope to see a lot of DLC.

Anyway, like you said, not complaining - just given some ideas and most importantly, my overall thoughts no the kick-a$$ demo. I'll admit I am incredibly impatient to get my hands on this one - LOL

While I am at it, the one mode I am really looking forward to playing is Undercover Cop. Now that sounds like it can be a riot - hahaha

I don't really thing TD fits into the universe of the game.

Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    I don't really thing TD fits into the universe of the game.
    I totally agree, it's just Cops & Robbers is not exactly Team Deathmatch, but it's pretty close. I rarely played it anyway. Undercover Cop is much more fun.

Originally Posted by KnightRobby
    Yep, there is a difference. I can see them using the existing maps - from what I've seen - to easily implement Team Deathmatch. The only issue (as always) is spawn killing. I don't know if any of you tried Blacklight Tango Down, but you basically spawned by two sentry guns which. For the most part, this stopped spawn-killing. Never did play the game, only watched my twin brother try the trail - lol
    That, my friend, was the only thing that could be consider 'good' in that game.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice