Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Problem with PS3 Demo

Problem with PS3 Demo

Problem with PS3 Demo

The single player side of the demo works great. Love it by the way. But, when I load up the Fragile Alliance side of the demo the whole thing freezes up on me and I have to re-boot my PS3. I've tried a few times now to get into an online game but the same thing happens every time. Everything is completely locked up. I can't even access my XMB. Does anyone else know of this issue. I also want to add that my PS3 automagically downloaded and installed the demo @ 3 am on Tuesday morning as a result of me being a PS+ member. Could anyone help with this.

Yeah I have the same problem, however for me it has worked a couple of times, but very often the game froze just like you described. This needs to be patched

hasnt happen to me
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

just happened to me again, couple of minutes ago. hmm maybe its got something to do with where you live (probably not) or with your ps3 model. I live in austria and I got fat old 80gb ps3. oor maybe it's something about the file of the demo itself, but then again if there was something wrong with it the game would probably not even have installed properly... :/

I just have downloaded the demo on PS3 . I played the single player , and it worked fine . I tried to play Multiplayer , but as soon as I click on " Fragile Alliance " , it says " Searching for Games " , and then , the whole system freezes . I tried entering the multiplayer four times but without any positive result . I don't know if IO Interactive is aware of this problem or not , but we need to contact them so that they get rid of this annoying problem .

Edit : I don't think the problem from the system . I have PS3 slim , and I also have a good internet connection . It's probably a problem from The game's data on PS3 , which means that it's IO Interactive's mistake .

I think they are checking these forums. At least Nick is :P I'm pretty sure they're gonna release a patch for this when the full game will be released, I mean it would be a real mess if kept this in the full game...

the whole IOI studio is on holiday right now. So dont expect a respond for this problem these days
    signature image

Red Face (Embarrassed)

And by the time they're back the full game will be out , i doubt they'll really bother about the demo now ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

The 360 version locks up here and there mainly because of connection errors, maybe the error is more prevalent on PS3..
    I'm gonna play a little on PS3 just to see. If it locks up on PS3 more than 360, good luck reaching Rank 1 or 2 without doing alot of Arcade Mode. And that's if Arcade Mode is on the PS3 version (downloading it now)
    See you online, Ladies..

Wow.. So the PS3 version locked up joining a lobby on my first attempt. Second attempt I had a lag free game, but the host force started the game with 5 people and of course 1 quit out. Third game locked up at the gate/halfway area. Good luck, Ladies..

Hi everyone.

Sorry to hear about the probs. I'll look into it at my end and get back to you.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Arrow

Originally Posted by BrentonPHX
    The single player side of the demo works great. Love it by the way. But, when I load up the Fragile Alliance side of the demo the whole thing freezes up on me and I have to re-boot my PS3. I've tried a few times now to get into an online game but the same thing happens every time. Everything is completely locked up. I can't even access my XMB. Does anyone else know of this issue. I also want to add that my PS3 automagically downloaded and installed the demo @ 3 am on Tuesday morning as a result of me being a PS+ member. Could anyone help with this.

...And it's funny because the music still goes on seamlessly. I hope they fix this problem or the demo could ensure low sales/high first week return rate.

OK dudes, an update of sorts: The guys at IO and Square Enix QA are on it. I should have some news shortly. Thanks everyone.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Wow.. This is just TERRIBLE! I'm turning my PS3 off and on more than I'm actually getting into a game. MASSIVE FAIL! Get this fixed!

im having the same problem, the demo keeps freezing my ps3 everytime i try to join multiplayer.
    hope it gets fixed cause its the only thing preventing me from enjoying it

This is a HUGE letdown! If you want the public to take your game seriously, maybe try releasing a WORKING demo! The PS3 demo is a TOTAL FAIL!
    VERY UNHAPPY!

I managed to join 2 sessions so far (without having the game crashing), one of which I actually could PLAY for a few minutes, until that spineless bastard of a host again decided to quit. There's a goddamn reason why people ask for host migration, but even more important, the game should actually work in order to give people a reason to play at all.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Frequent system freezing, host dropping games, heavy visual lag and horrible connectivity.

This needs to be FIXED. I can say for a fact that I will NOT be purchasing the full game if these issues are not resolved. I'll also advise anyone thinking of purchasing the game to steer clear of it.

This is the year 2010, multiplayer should NOT be this difficult, and what's the deal with the lack of host migration? Are three year-olds running the tech at Eidos?

These complaints are coming from people that actually want this game to be successful. These people want to BUY this game and enjoy it. Fix it!!!

Venom i couldnt agree more! this is the year 2010 and its the 21 century its time to get things right. the *** lag is embarrassing to c honestly this shouldnt be excepted the demo made me cancel my pre order just so i can c the reviews before i buy and lets hope they dont lie about their reviews like they did last time.

its a demo,on psn what do you expect?

so i guess ps3 gets the crappy port since i havent heard 360 having this freezing problem when conencting to multiplayer.

360 was an exclusive demo, mind you. Exclusive, like in better than that public crap .
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Originally Posted by VenomProject
    This needs to be FIXED. I can say for a fact that I will NOT be purchasing the full game if these issues are not resolved. I'll also advise anyone thinking of purchasing the game to steer clear of it.
    Well man, there is going to be a singleplayer and from what I've seen, it's going to be pretty damn good.
    Also, we are the hardcore K&L fans, you think you could convince us we're not going to buy it?

Originally Posted by SovietAmerika
    its a demo,on psn what do you expect?
    Don't bring that nonsensical fanboy drivel into the mix. This has nothing to do with it. The demo runs directly from the EIDOS servers, not Sony's. If there's anyone to blame about the connectivity issues, it's Eidos.

I've played online demos for the PSN for ages, and the only one that comes to mind that was this horrid is the AVP demo.

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    Well man, there is going to be a singleplayer and from what I've seen, it's going to be pretty damn good.
    Also, we are the hardcore K&L fans, you think you could convince us we're not going to buy it?
    Once the singleplayer mode is done and over with I'm going to want to hop in and play some Fragile Alliance. Singleplayer doesn't last forever. This game was marketed with unique multiplayer. PROVIDE, EIDOS.

I never said I'd be persuading any of you to not buy the game, but I do have a few friends in reality that are actually thinking of picking it up. These friends hated the first game and they're willing to give the series another shot because they liked Fragile Alliance in the first. After I tell them that the online is completely broken and connectivity problems run rampant, they'll drop the thought of purchasing the game pretty quickly.

All of this could be remedied if Eidos would just solve the problem post haste.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last