Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Host migration?

Host migration?

Thumbs Down Host migration?

Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

I agree one hundred percent. If nothing else, at least host migration or something similar.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

Originally Posted by 2Rare2Die
    Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration
    dont be a baby
    just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
    either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time

but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you

Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    dont be a baby
    just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
    either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time

but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you
    It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.

Originally Posted by Kyodan
    It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.
    then host your own problem solved

Want To be My Friend

That's solve nothing, stop being silly.

you suck

Can we try NOT to turn this into a flaming match? I'd really like the devs to take this issue seriously.

So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *.

Host migration would be nice. It was a big issue in Dead Men.

Host dies or gets pissed off and leaves, everyone gets kicked out and gets no rank points, ya this deff needs fixing

Originally Posted by Icedog
    So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *.
    Ill admit i do leave BUT ONLY if i spawn kill or have a team full of noobs who cant get to the white gate without dieing.
    and whats your gamertag?

HOST YOUR OWN GAME PROBLEM SOLVED GET OVER IT,OR JOIN A FRIENDS

icedog stop complaining its just a game.
    OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
    cry more queer

Someone should start a petition or something for host migration.

PS: I deleted my last couple of posts. Host migration is a real issue, and I don't wanna see this thread get spoiled by arguments.

But Kelly, without getting into an argument with you, just let me say one thing:
    If you're against host migration, fair enough. You have the right to your point of view. But we also have the right to our point of view as well.
    We all respect you, so I think it's fair enough that you don't insult all of us just because we don't share the same view. That's reasonable enough, isn't it?

That's it. I'm not saying anymore, but perhaps one of the devs can respond to this thread sometime soon? Just so we can get some feedback?

Thanks.

^^^^ exactly this could kill the fact that I might not even touch online if the host can always leave and then we get booted and our scores etc.... Don't get recorded

Smile

I did send a voice message over XBL to IODEV003 about it, and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.

Rolleyes

Originally Posted by Moeez
    and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.
    Alot of developers say that ...
    Just saying ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

18. I would hope so, Host Migration is something games need more of.

Host migration should be an industry standard in every peer-2-peer game. -_-

Sorry, but I just HAVE to stress this to the devs.

I was playing online earlier, and just like so many times before, the hosts kept on quitting just because they were losing.

Really. If people are gonna take the game seriously, online NEEDS host migration OR dedicated servers OR something similar.

it's just unbelievable how mp games like this still exist today.. there are developers who "get it".. just look at uncharted 2 e.g.
    if you can't have that quality.. then don't do it...
    come on. it has so great ideas.. but the implementation is just horrible.
    host migration shouldn't be something users complain about... just have it. seriously.
    otherwise public mp is unplayable.

It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.

Originally Posted by michater
    It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.
    Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

icedog stop complaining its just a game.
    OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
    cry more queer
    LMAO, the irony in that statement. This is coming from someone who likes to complain a lot during in-game action.

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.
    Dream away, they'll never add host migration...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last