Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Host migration?

Host migration?

  1. #1

    Thumbs Down Host migration?

    Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

  2. #2
    I agree one hundred percent. If nothing else, at least host migration or something similar.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130
    Originally Posted by 2Rare2Die
    Serious issue, devs u planning on fixing this....The online needs host migration
    dont be a baby
    just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
    either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time


    but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

    just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    dont be a baby
    just Either host your own or join a friend who is hosting
    either way it is pretty easy for the demo to send you in your own game so your host i do it all the time


    but i will agree it was pretty annoying till i figured out you can easily host your own games

    just search for a game a couple of time's and back out and it will usually let you
    It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130
    Originally Posted by Kyodan
    It's not a matter of hosting, just the fact that if the host leaves in the middle of the match, everyone gets disconnected. If there were host migration, then the match doesn't get interrupted.
    then host your own problem solved

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    then host your own problem solved
    Want To be My Friend
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    then host your own problem solved
    That's solve nothing, stop being silly.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    then host your own problem solved
    you suck

  9. #9
    Can we try NOT to turn this into a flaming match? I'd really like the devs to take this issue seriously.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    then host your own problem solved
    So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Host migration would be nice. It was a big issue in Dead Men.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    Host dies or gets pissed off and leaves, everyone gets kicked out and gets no rank points, ya this deff needs fixing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130
    Originally Posted by Icedog
    So kelly is belly host his own game and quits. the people at eidos are smart they can do the math 7 people with a bad online experience. then when no one come to the games you'll wonder why, stop saying dumb *.
    Ill admit i do leave BUT ONLY if i spawn kill or have a team full of noobs who cant get to the white gate without dieing.
    and whats your gamertag?

    HOST YOUR OWN GAME PROBLEM SOLVED GET OVER IT,OR JOIN A FRIENDS

    icedog stop complaining its just a game.
    OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
    cry more queer

  14. #14
    Someone should start a petition or something for host migration.

    PS: I deleted my last couple of posts. Host migration is a real issue, and I don't wanna see this thread get spoiled by arguments.

    But Kelly, without getting into an argument with you, just let me say one thing:
    If you're against host migration, fair enough. You have the right to your point of view. But we also have the right to our point of view as well.
    We all respect you, so I think it's fair enough that you don't insult all of us just because we don't share the same view. That's reasonable enough, isn't it?

    That's it. I'm not saying anymore, but perhaps one of the devs can respond to this thread sometime soon? Just so we can get some feedback?

    Thanks.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  15. #15
    ^^^^ exactly this could kill the fact that I might not even touch online if the host can always leave and then we get booted and our scores etc.... Don't get recorded
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

  16. #16

    Smile

    I did send a voice message over XBL to IODEV003 about it, and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

    So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.

  17. #17

    Rolleyes

    Originally Posted by Moeez
    and he replied with "Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted!"

    So, sounds like these guys are aware of the issue.
    Alot of developers say that ...
    Just saying ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  18. I would hope so, Host Migration is something games need more of.

  19. #19
    Host migration should be an industry standard in every peer-2-peer game. -_-

  20. #20
    Sorry, but I just HAVE to stress this to the devs.

    I was playing online earlier, and just like so many times before, the hosts kept on quitting just because they were losing.

    Really. If people are gonna take the game seriously, online NEEDS host migration OR dedicated servers OR something similar.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5
    it's just unbelievable how mp games like this still exist today.. there are developers who "get it".. just look at uncharted 2 e.g.
    if you can't have that quality.. then don't do it...
    come on. it has so great ideas.. but the implementation is just horrible.
    host migration shouldn't be something users complain about... just have it. seriously.
    otherwise public mp is unplayable.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by michater
    It's 4 minutes one round who needs host migration? Before COD there was no such a thing anyway? Now we started to want it from new games. So I'm pretty sure they won't bother with that, instead of host migration dedicated server support would be much better.
    Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    icedog stop complaining its just a game.
    OMG I DIDNT GET MY RANK POINTS!
    cry more queer
    LMAO, the irony in that statement. This is coming from someone who likes to complain a lot during in-game action.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    Well, smartass, before COD there also was no such thing as gaining XP and ranking up in multiplayer fps games. I want to see you rank up in a game where you constantly get disconnected because the host suddenly feels like taking a dump and just quits without warning.
    Dream away, they'll never add host migration...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last