Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Host migration?

Host migration?

Who are you, Nostra***damus??
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Yeah K&L 2 seriously needs host migration, I don't appreciate being on top of the game, and losing my heater to a sore losing host, or to somebody has other things to do, which I understand, but this would not be a problem is the host migrated
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Simple. Join my game. I only quit for 2 reasons.

1. Major Lag (players flying/teleporting and going through walls).
    2. There is someone in the game running Host Booter programs like BLaZiNShoTGuNs.

Anyone who has played with me knows I won't quit for any other reason.

Originally Posted by ChrmoSchwinn/Terry Bogard
    Simple. Join my game. I only quit for 2 reasons.

1. Major Lag (players flying/teleporting and going through walls).
    2. There is someone in the game running Host Booter programs like BLaZiNShoTGuNs.

Anyone who has played with me knows I won't quit for any other reason.
    3. Kelly Is Belly.
    Gamertag: ChrisAmatic

How exactly does one with the PC demo "host their own game" when the only option available is "quick match"

it's randomized... you don't know who you're gonna play with. Until they add some kind of fix for this, the multiplayer aspect of this game should be called "Lost connection to the host" because that's the message I've seen almost 4 times in a row now in the last 30 minutes.

Anyone that says this isn't a problem has no *** idea what they're talking about. It's a *** mess, and I challenge ANY IO dev to get on the servers and try to have a good time with this horrendous lag, quitters, and retards with open mics that deafen everyone in the room. I'm forced to play this game with sound off half the time because of this.

The multiplayer element of this game is BROKEN. The fact that these glaring problems are present this close to the launch date is disheartening. I don't think they physically have the time to fix all of them before launch day.

If IO is listening... don't make the mistake of pushing this game out to meet a release deadline. DELAY IT. The reviewers will tear you a new *** if you release the game with the multiplayer the way it is. There are a million people out there expecting this game to fail just like the first one, don't give them that opportunity IO. Delay the *** game. Have people work weekends. Do whatever the it takes, but do NOT release the game the way it is now.

Cool

Kent , want some of my ulcer pills ? i got different flavors ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

You still wanna rappel down, Grievous?

Thumbs Up

Of course not , i want to ride the elevator ...
    You know how much i love them elevator musics ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by Slick20
    3. Kelly Is Belly.
    Yep, I forgot that one. Lol. He doesn't make me quit, because he always quits first.
    Best thing about the Public Demo is I haven't come accross him once! He messaged me and invited me to parties/private chat when the Public Demo first hit the Marketplace, but I ignored him and when he just kept sending more pointless messages I blocked him

That kid's gotta grow up..

Originally Posted by Kent-45

If IO is listening... don't make the mistake of pushing this game out to meet a release deadline. DELAY IT. The reviewers will tear you a new *** if you release the game with the multiplayer the way it is. There are a million people out there expecting this game to fail just like the first one, don't give them that opportunity IO. Delay the *** game. Have people work weekends. Do whatever the it takes, but do NOT release the game the way it is now.
    I wouldn't mind this actually, if they delayed it another month or two in order to make it a really solid game, I'd love that.
    Games I want to buy in 2010: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, Mafia 2, Crysis 2, Starcraft 2.

I think at the very least they should punish Hosts for dropping out of games. Maybe have a Red "Rage Quitter" Card alongside the Yellow Card, which works between games; A.) not letting them host and B.) Acting as a Yellow Card (can be killed without people being labeled traitor) for their next game/few rounds. Plus an automatic reduction in their XP. Something to make it so nobody drops to begin with rather than passing over hosting when someone does.

Originally Posted by Maximbonne
    I think at the very least they should punish Hosts for dropping out of games. Maybe have a Red "Rage Quitter" Card alongside the Yellow Card, which works between games; A.) not letting them host and B.) Acting as a Yellow Card (can be killed without people being labeled traitor) for their next game/few rounds. Plus an automatic reduction in their XP. Something to make it so nobody drops to begin with rather than passing over hosting when someone does.
    Yea but Lets face it there not going to add this(Host Migration) i think the final bulid is just about done and should be sent to reproduce copys real soon.
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Originally Posted by Slick20
    3. Kelly Is Belly.
    4. RomeCaesar.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

5. Me.

...wait, what?
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Yeah.

TO be honest, I'm with the guys who say host your own game, as a standing solution to the problem as it is. This'd be a lot cooler if friends could join your game, but whatever. I don't think this will be as big of a problem when the game actually comes out. I certainly hope it's not. I also hope it's limited more to Ranked. Once I get all the guns unlocked I don't expect to continue playing ranked anyways.

I hope atleast they implement a system where if yo complete a round and the host leaves you atleast get the match points from that round.

Originally Posted by SovietAmerika
    I hope atleast they implement a system where if yo complete a round and the host leaves you atleast get the match points from that round.
    sometimes I dont even get to finish the first round because the host leaves after failing to become a traitor LOL and sad and the same time.
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Unhappy Whats the point of talking if nobobdy will listen

Dog Days matchmaking is worst then dead men at least on dead men you could choose from host match and quick match. All what was needed on this game Host migration perfectly reasonable thing to ask for the majority of the people on here wanted it there were a few loser that didn't know what they were talking about.

Some food for thought if every one host there own game no one would get in a game and lets say you do get some people to come. you would just close the match on them cause your losers.

I just want this game to do good.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12