Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Questions and Answers

Questions and Answers

Does your MP level reset after exiting the game or is this just for demo?
    360 Gamertag: Morphilms
    I don't give a about the men! Just shut that thing up and drive.

What will the "Weekend Challenge" be and will it be different every weekend or just once in a while?

Havent played online demo but, any chance of a party system or can u invite ur friends while waiting for the game to search for others....??
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

1.Will you be able to play as kane and lynch on multiplayer, and if you can't at least can you play them in arcade mode.
    2.Will you be able to pick your characters on arcade mode since it a single player game mode.

I want to know if you are going to add an option to turn off the grain effect or at least tone it down?

What the deal with the connection problems? Losing connection to host and players dropping out?

Originally Posted by LUCKYDOGSLEVIN
    What the deal with the connection problems? Losing connection to host and players dropping out?
    Isn't that because the hosts are quitting the game? That's what I thought it was. The lag is bearable with me as my connection is not too bad but all those "hosts" dropping out all the time? I'm not sure if I want the PS3 version...

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Are some of the Fragile Alliance characters also characters in the singleplayer? I remember a screenshot that had I think Tommy from FA (the bald irishman) and Lynch in it together.
    They're was a trailer where Kane was giving all of the characters a mission run down.
    Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am.

can anyone tell me if there will be an option to turn off that horrible grain filter for the camera in single player? i cant fathom why they ruined this game with that filter it kills my eyes i cant play more than 15 min. without wanting to turn it off .. i love the game but the filter kills it please let me know if there will be an option to turn it off or even a patch to fix this later ortherwise it looks like im getting a refund on my pre-order.. i cant believe they did that!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by skaar of man
    can anyone tell me if there will be an option to turn off that horrible grain filter for the camera in single player? i cant fathom why they ruined this game with that filter it kills my eyes i cant play more than 15 min. without wanting to turn it off .. i love the game but the filter kills it please let me know if there will be an option to turn it off or even a patch to fix this later ortherwise it looks like im getting a refund on my pre-order.. i cant believe they did that!
    Yaaaa this isn't the game for you....

11. It seems the PC version allows you to turn off the "Full Screen Effects", so with that and Steadycam you may have a regular (albeit boring) third person shooter camera setup.

Can't comment if such a feature will make its way to the consoles though.

Question Why ask for questions if you won't answer any of them?

Why can't we purchase weapons before a match based on our total earnings? It's a bit frustrating to start out with crap guns no matter what my rank is. I understand why, but its kind of lame.

Question

Originally Posted by drumcowski
    Why can't we purchase weapons before a match based on our total earnings? It's a bit frustrating to start out with crap guns no matter what my rank is. I understand why, but its kind of lame.
    Umm, ok. So what you are asking is why can't we use the money we don't have yet to buy weapons.... Yaaaa. Why even become a traitor then? Why even pick up money? It makes sense to not have good weapons at the start. This is not Call of Duty!

Big Grin

Why ask for questions if you won't answer any of them?
    You have no idea ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Yeah, I have a question.

Why doesn't the multiplayer work on the PS3 demo? I'd have thought you guys would have noticed that, considering that most people are in this for the multiplayer and by having it freeze up the system, you shot yourselves in the foot pretty effectively when it comes to PS3 owners buying the game.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Red Face (Embarrassed)

They said on their Twitter account that they're looking at the PS3 issues right now ...

PC however ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Question

Will there be an option to mute other players mics in game, I have not had one Multiplayer game on pc without at least one players microphone blasting and making the game utterly unbearable (Even a master volume adjuster for all in game player microphones would be great).

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    They said on their Twitter account that they're looking at the PS3 issues right now ...

PC however ...

http://twitter.com/iointeractive

for anyone interested

Is there a dammage model/hitboxes issue or am I just experiencing lag it seems like some of the time I killed npc's/players really easy but other times it seems like I empty a mag in them point blank and they still turn around and kill me.

Also some of the ai stuff I am sure is lag because I see the npc's "bounding" but I don't lag in any other way it doesn't seem dunno just seems strange.

Are you planning on fixing the matchmaking? As it stands only about 1 out of 5 tries results with a room with people in it all other times it says disconnecting or something like that and creates a new room that I am hosting which takes forever to fill and I generally give up on leave and try joing a game again which usually within 5 tries works. Seems like instead of the matchmaking dropping me into my own room it should just try to join me to a different room since apparently the room it was trying to join me to had filled up, or a few times I had nat issues with other players although I know my nat is open from a previous game.

Also after finishing a match and hitting a to re-join or whatever that never works always throws me into a room I am hosting that will not fill or just takes longer than I have patience for.

I think based on the single player the damage model could use some tweaking "read" should take less hits to kill people I will have to try again but it seemed that the first cops in the restaurant in riot gear/armor seemed fine since I assumed all were wearing body armor thus harder to kill, but then when you get in the street the regular cops seem to be able to absorb a bit to much lead for my liking its not horrible but it could use improvement would like to know if that will be changed at all. Think this may be the same issue I am experiencing in multy.

I liked the SP & MP (PC), and am wondering if there will be means to disable VOIP in the game, and means provided for text chat? Also will the retail PC game require Steam?

Thanksyou...

What kind of DLC can we expect in the future? anything other than the generic weapon/map pack?

will the screen tearing in the final version be as bad as in the demo?

As i wrote in another post:

I like the game in general..the multiplayer offers a real twist to classic play.

However, i have the following issues:

*Running peer-to-peer really annoys me with hosts often closing the game when they aren't doing as well as they would like, the lag i get on some of the listen servers that get hosted
    *Mic screeching (push to talk needed, at least by default and a mute option)
    *Crashes a reasonable amount in multi player (once every few games, especially if i've ranked up) (i didn't have any crashes in the demo single player)
    *Text (all/team) chat is missing, and not everyone has a mic

Page 2 of 2 First First 12