View Poll Results: What do you think of the profanity filter on the Kane & Lynch forum?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swearing is wrong and stupid, and I love Jesus and Pebbles my whimsical unicorn.

1 4.17%
  • Swearing is good, but not as good as smoking crack and punching nuns in the face.

12 50.00%
  • Tacos.

11 45.83%
Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Does the fact that this forum censors swear words seem silly?

Does the fact that this forum censors swear words seem silly?

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    You completed it already?! I had the game for a month now, i only just got into Mexico and got some mexican women onto a boat. I just keep turning it off and leave for a few weeks.
    Nah lol , it was my first day Impression of Red Dead , the problem is that the gripes i already have with the game are things that will be there from beginning to end , so i might as well complain about these gripes now ...

And i see that Brackstone must have had a heart attack when he saw that i didn't liked that game all that much because he hasn't said anything since ...

But it's not like i hated Redemption , in fact i can't wait to go back in and try to unlock them fancy clothes ... who knew you had to shoot people in order to get new outfits ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    And i see that Brackstone must have had a heart attack when he saw that i didn't liked that game all that much because he hasn't said anything since ...
    Well actually I was asleep. I'm not the message board terminator, I need to rest and eat once in a while.

Some of the things you dislike about the game are very understandable. I just don't care about those parts, I find the the rest of the game completely overshadows it's bad parts.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Wink

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Well actually I was asleep. I'm not the message board terminator, I need to rest and eat once in a while.

Some of the things you dislike about the game are very understandable. I just don't care about those parts, I find the the rest of the game completely overshadows it's bad parts.
    Brackstone sleeps ??! News to me , seriously ...
    Perhaps it's only once a year though , so it's understandable ...

Anywya i'm going to jump back in Redemption land now , ever since i wrote my rant all i could think about was going back in once again ... Addictive ! ...

Try kidnapping a women, tie her up and put her on the train track. It is really funny.

Try kidnapping a women, tie her up and put her on the train track. It is really funny.
    where do I sign up for that?

Exclamation

words are meaningless there just building block for new ideas, and yes I do love jesus cause he died for our sins.

Originally Posted by Icedog
    I do love jesus cause he died for our sins.
    So if we don't sin, he would've died for nothing.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

well, i do go to church on sundays ;-) , i do love jesus ;-) - i like Games, and kane and lynch 2 is *** awesome

And with the whole youtube-blip-out-headshots, its just plain fun, and nice that the forum blips out *** and, a whole lot of other *** swear words.

He didn't die for "our" sins. What if someone here is Muslim for example?

^ This. Is why I think religion is a crock of . No matter what you believe in; the other guy always disagrees at some point. Why? Because religion is man-made and thus holds no truth whatsoever.

But ok, let's not venture into these unpleasant territories and stay on topic instead.

Exclamation

Seeing as how now one even stayed in this topic afterwards , let's head back to off topic ...

Ben Hur is based on a true story , fact ...
    And the Last Temptation of Christ is a screenplay found within the bible , it's true , put your bible undersome heavy technology x-ray machine and you'll found out all about it ...

Oh and Ben Johnson is god ...

Sorry but I have to bring this topic back one last time.
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    So if we don't sin, he would've died for nothing.
    We are all sinners, no one can honestly say that they have not every don any thing wrong.
    Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    He didn't die for "our" sins. What if someone here is Muslim for example?
    I talking about that poll and the whimsical unicorn statement, but that what so great about the guy he died for everyone.
    ^ This. Is why I think religion is a crock of . No matter what you believe in; the other guy always disagrees at some point. Why? Because religion is man-made and thus holds no truth whatsoever.

But ok, let's not venture into these unpleasant territories and stay on topic instead.
    I agree that religion is cause for disagreements but you have to accept that there is truth and there is a lie they can't both be true no matter how much you would like it to be
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Seeing as how now one even stayed in this topic afterwards , let's head back to off topic ...

Ben Hur is based on a true story , fact ...
    And the Last Temptation of Christ is a screenplay found within the bible , it's true , put your bible undersome heavy technology x-ray machine and you'll found out all about it ...

Oh and Ben Johnson is god ...
    NO no no he not god non of this is even real just another form of control, were actually in the matrix.

But for real I didn't mean to piss people off, you can believe whatever want.

Love to the fans and the good people at Eidos.

I'm agnostic!

I want to know what the criteria is for heaven. If God created the universe, then isn't he responsible for every creature in the universe? Considering the universe is infinite, I'm sure there is at least one other organism with sufficient intelligence to create a civilization and make decisions based on morality. Do they get into heaven? Will I be meeting beetle people from Star NGS-39480 if I make it into heaven?

Or is it just humans? Because that's just incredibly selfish, that God would create an entire universe full of countless creatures and civilizations and only focus on one measly planet.

Oh, the questions I have.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by Icedog
    I agree that religion is cause for disagreements but you have to accept that there is truth and there is a lie they can't both be true no matter how much you would like it to be
    Religion does not only cause disagreements; it's responsible for most problems in this ty world.

Religion is evil, just like its makers. And here, let me take a page from Bill Maher's book;

"The plain fact is religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having key decisions made by religious people - by irrationalists - by those who would steer the ship of state, not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken.

Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. and those who preach faith and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do.
    Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, 'I'm willing Lord, I'll do whatever you want me to do.' Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas.
    Anyone who tells you that they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know and you do not possess mental powers that I do not.
    The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting dead wrong.
    "

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I'm agnostic!

I want to know what the criteria is for heaven. If God created the universe, then isn't he responsible for every creature in the universe? Considering the universe is infinite, I'm sure there is at least one other organism with sufficient intelligence to create a civilization and make decisions based on morality. Do they get into heaven? Will I be meeting beetle people from Star NGS-39480 if I make it into heaven?

Or is it just humans? Because that's just incredibly selfish, that God would create an entire universe full of countless creatures and civilizations and only focus on one measly planet.

Oh, the questions I have.
    Are you sure there isn't a hint of L. Ron Hubbard?

Arrow

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    If God created the universe,
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa , i don't remember doing that ! ...

Religion does not only cause disagreements; it's responsible for most problems in this ty world.

Religion is evil, just like its makers. And here, let me take a page from Bill Maher's book;

"The plain fact is religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having key decisions made by religious people - by irrationalists - by those who would steer the ship of state, not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken.

Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. and those who preach faith and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do.
    Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, 'I'm willing Lord, I'll do whatever you want me to do.' Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas.
    Anyone who tells you that they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know and you do not possess mental powers that I do not.
    The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting dead wrong.
    "
    But of course , alot of people are so weak that they NEED to believe in god , they need it , that 'faith' that looks ridiculous to others ...

If we are to remove religion from this world , we need to give the people something Better in return ...

Until then , for a lack of better solutions , we'll just have to stick with all this nonsense ...

We'll just have to wait for a serious wake up call.

For s sake, it's 2010, do we even have to argue this anymore? if you are a beliver you're just lazy; get on with the program.

Hmm, I can't tell if this topic is about swear words, the merits of religion or just everyone stating their beliefs. Eh, I guess every board needs a religion topic eventually.

I'm a determinist, so my way of thinking is that it doesn't even matter if gods are real or not. He could or could not exist and my beliefs would be exactly the same. So I guess that makes me a bit agnostic as well. I do believe that religion is no longer necessary however. It was once very necessary, but it is no longer. That said, I have great respect for religious people and wish absolutely no one to stop believing in what they they choose to believe in.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

I'm an Atheist and i agree with Jack. Religion is nothing but trouble.

Oh i love it when we all go off-topic, always something fun to read.

Exclamation

Now that i think about it , this off topic IS complete nonsense indeed ! ...

Afterall we all have the same religion ! The Grieving One ! ...

Discussion Over ...

What the fuck are you fucking talking about?

...you fucking fucks.
    Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am.

Exclamation

Wait whoa whoa What The Fuck ? ...
    Oh My god i didn't even noticed last month that he managed to say fuck without ...

WHAT THE FUCK ?!! Jesus Fucking Christ ?!! ...
    What the hell is happening to me ?!! How could i let this happen ...

This Shit is Outrageous , DAMN ! ...

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234