Thread: The "Last Stand" Feature.. To be or not to be?

The "Last Stand" Feature.. To be or not to be?

The "Last Stand" Feature.. To be or not to be?

I'm a little on the fence about this new "last stand" type feature. It's nice when AI is shooting you and you get a sort of a second chance to scoot away and get into cover. My main concern is the clarity of its function. It almost seems at times that it's a 50/50 chance if I go into last stand or if I instantaneously die from a gun shot while standing.

I also find it strange that while fighting another player, I can empty my whole clip into them without missing more than 3 shots, switch to my pistol and get about 3 more in there, and they can somehow get back up and fire 3 shots at me and I die without even going into "last stand."

What do you think of this new feature? Anyone care to shed some light on it?

Its not 'last stand' mode, you don't go down on the floor when you are near death just when you are knocked down.

I think its a cool feature, shows the force of the weapon when you get knocked over.

I really like the way the camera sort of goes into a "fisheye lens" mode when it happens.

Also, I discovered last night that while you're down, you can still hold sprint to crawl faster. Didn't even think of trying that before!

Question

This still doesn't answer the question , just on what condition it is based that you go to the Down but not Dead mode and not just die ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I thought it was super guy how I emptied a clip into a guy, reloaded, and was halfway through my second clip when he shot me with like four rounds. It was not coolzies.

i like it at sp; but wish it wasnt at MP or people would have died with less bullets
    signature image

I like the last stand feature although, they could always just make mp health go down quicker; Or have a hardcore mode.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    This still doesn't answer the question , just on what condition it is based that you go to the Down but not Dead mode and not just die ? ...
    You get downed by impact, not by loss of health. A shotgun blast to the chest will throw you down, a shot to the leg might, too. A mere grazing shot from an M16 might tear a large chunk from your stamina, without actually downing you.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Rolleyes

I see ...

This could either work very well or become very frustrating in later levels of the game ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    You get downed by impact, not by loss of health. A shotgun blast to the chest will throw you down, a shot to the leg might, too. A mere grazing shot from an M16 might tear a large chunk from your stamina, without actually downing you.
    That's rigth - it's not a health system, it's a second chance when someone try to blast you from close range.