Thread: Funny Kane & Lynch 2 disclaimer:

Funny Kane & Lynch 2 disclaimer:

Funny Kane & Lynch 2 disclaimer:

If you watch carefully:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/kane...-first-15-mins

there is a disclaimer that reads:

"Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is a work of fiction and is not intended to offend any racial, religious, or political sensibilities. Any resemblance to real persons (living or dead) or evens is purely coincidental and unintentional."
    wow... just... wow

Yeah, the racial religious and political bit seemed kind of excessive. I didn't think that was subject matter the game would be covering at all.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

"This is bull you *** amateur!"

dammit Kane, why can't I quit you.... WHY

You find this kind of disclaimer in almost every work of fiction; usually it's attached to the ending credits.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

These days one cannot be too careful not to upset the delicate beliefs of others... Because everyone knows it could start a war! Eventhough there is guaranteed freedom of speech in almost every developed country with access to this form of entertainment and a politically correct disclaimer has been included to put everyone at ease; there is bound to be at least one group of people that will condemn this game to the bottomless pits of hell. I'm talking, of course, about my fearsome Army of Dog Men.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

No people today are weak and get offended over the dumbest things. But I wouldn't be suprised if Kane and Lynch 2 did somewhat cover those subjects. In then first game Shelly (or at least that's who I think it was) had a God trip, and I remember Kane saying "Spare me the preacher talk" or something along those lines. I don't know, I think that kinda showed Kane's outlook a tiny bit. The only thing I want answered is if the game will have the same amount of character developement as the last one.

I still want to learn about the chracter's past and all that good stuff. I don't want it to pull an ARMY OF TWO 40th DAY on me, where it's just a fun romp that does not progress the character's, and disregard past events.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Cool

Any resemblance to real persons (living or dead) or events is purely coincidental and unintentional.
    Whoa , i can't believe they put out this line just for me ...

Marvelous ...
    But i guess that means i can't sue them anymore ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

this is pretty make the same exact disclaimer at the start of every south park episode

Question

Alright , so what is it that happened in this game that was so damn horrible they needed a disclaimer to tell people to cool off ? ...

It can't be that clapping scene , it can't be ... you gotta be joking ...

Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    You find this kind of disclaimer in almost every work of fiction; usually it's attached to the ending credits.
    Well there was none in Dead Men , and i don't think we ever saw a disclaimer in any of Rockstar's games ...

Oh ... i get it ...

Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Glazer used 'chinks' once, but Mafia II used like 800 times.
    IO's just being careful I suppose
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

When you're dealing with the Chinese government you better be ready. Rather sensitive when it comes to video games.
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

I really think it's weird kane and lynch has this disclaimer when the most offensive thing that happened was kane saying "*** china".

You know what game would really need this disclaimer? Mafia 2. That game is extremely racist, seriously even the main character is *** racist (Vito to chinese guy: "Well maybe you would have seen me coming if you opened your eyes all the way." -.- )

Haha that made me laugh.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Thumbs Up

I just played that part today too.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice