Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Host closed the game session?

Host closed the game session?

Host closed the game session?

I've yet to play a whole Fragile Alliance match because of this. What's up with it?

I'm assuming it's the sort of thing where the match is hosted by one of the players, and when they leave, it ends the game for everyone, right? Shouldn't there be some sort of host migration set up?

Unfortunately, it's the same as the first game. Quitting was a major problem and there were no consequences for the quitters. I'm not sure if there will be consequences in the sequel.

Thumbs Down

Not ONE whole match! WOW.... Thats sucks. I know I probobly get shanked for saying this but.... It should be like MW2! NOW WAIT WAIT, before you eat, me let me explain:
    - In MW2 when the host leaves it picks a new host. Preferably one who has the best connection.

No one should be able to close the game down, if some one quits it should start looking for a new host.

I agree. It's really annoying and discouraging. The whole game shouldn't be closed just because the host has a bad connection. Or is just a bad sport.

Couldn't another player just be made the new host, and the game continues?

Apart from that issue, the rest of the game was great!

EDIT: I still haven't been able to get a whole session in yet, because of the hosts quitting.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

Question

This is going to sound stupid coming from someone who isn't really a multiplayer gamer , but , why don't the game Host itself sessions ? like it creates all kinds of sessions with all the different maps and types , and then all gamers has to do is join in the table , and when its full the game begins , and another session will be hosted by the game's server itself ...

Is this not possible ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Yep. That's another possibility.

That's my favouite thing about MW2, It's just straight into a game ASAP, no readying up and a new host is found when necessary.

C'mon Eidos, let's just assemble the crew and get on with it.

well get over it and there shouldent be consequences
    abunch of baby's on this forum

Question

Doesn't it annoy you when someone else quits a match mid game , forcing everyone to leave as well ? ...

We're not being babies. This is a perfectly reasonable forum.

Wink

Originally Posted by Zidrien
    This is a perfectly reasonable forum.
    You mean this Was ...

Guess you're right...

You're all welcome to stay in my lobby when you see me host. I never quit early. Not in the first game, not in this demo and not in the full game. I'm a gamer, not a crybaby. So you can enjoy the whole match when I host.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Big Grin

That's because you like to 'get close' to people more than they ever wanted , isn't it ? ...

Don't get your hopes up, Grievous.

Lightbulb

Anywya , even you can't satisfy all the people who wishes to play with a host that never quits , so the problem still persists ...

At least I'm helping out. Now if more people would do the same...

I would be doing the same, but I don't think I'd be able to commit myself to all those hours.

Arrow

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Now if more people would do the same...
    That's the thing , there'll never be enough ...

The best thing to have is that the game hosts matches itself , twenty four seven ...

I hope one of the devs is reading this. Really want this to get fixed up.

Question

The game is set to release in less than two months ... you think they will have enough time to fix this ? ...

Well, they can always bring out updates after it's released, can't they?

Rolleyes

Apparently Dead Men didn't get any , we'll see for Dog Days ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Apparently Dead Men didn't get any , we'll see for Dog Days ...
    I'd imagine IO would. Aren't they trying to redeem K&L?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last