Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Skins Customization

Skins Customization

  1. #76
    I do not agree with being able to recolor skins.
    Not intended to be rude or anything but every single recolor you just made are horrendous.

    All the skins were designed with a color palette and overall silhouette that works specifically for it.

    They could do every single piece to match more or less with the other but I hope they do not implement ways to swap gauntlets, chest, pants in order to keep an overall good looking game.
    If you look at shields and vanguards only, serene bulwark does NOT work with Corsair's Jack.

    More skins ? Yeah sure, but don't give players the ability to have the Hammerhead Husk's head with the evolved skin.
    Please don't.

    Of course, this is my opinion and mine only :P

  2. #77
    I'm stuck with a shining white dress that transmit signals to all vampires to focus me down. I want it recoloured.

  3. #78
    Originally Posted by selkirie
    They could do every single piece to match more or less with the other but I hope they do not implement ways to swap gauntlets, chest, pants in order to keep an overall good looking game.

    More skins ? Yeah sure, but don't give players the ability to have the Hammerhead Husk's head with the evolved skin.
    While I don't see the problem with swapping certain parts of your gear, I completely agree with you that the whole concept of that type of customization has to be worked out in a way where it feels right. The example that you provided is a perfect demonstration of that, I don't want some frankenstein Vampires running around either. Besides, it might not even get implemented like that anyway, it was just a preliminary speculation / thought.

    When it comes to dyes and colouring your gear, I don't mind it overall, but do agree that the colour pallet has to be defined in a way where it doesn't aesthetically ruin the game and doesn't misalign with the overall artistic direction. Look at the re-colours we currently have - they ain't bad at all, right? I wouldn't want to see pink Summoners or orange Alchemists running around, but maybe if the dyes/colouring are implemented - they'll be released as certain "skin recolours", that would be specifically designed within certain boundaries to not ruin the feel of the game.
    Originally Posted by --Ram--
    GREATER CAPITALIZATION
    I'll let myself out..
    Had a giggle

  4. #79
    Originally Posted by selkirie
    If you look at shields and vanguards only, serene bulwark does NOT work with Corsair's Jack.
    To you, perhaps. :P

    For evolved skins, I never thought mixing them with others like that. Clearly that would be awful. But like...Dumahim and Melchahim have all these armor pieces, Razielim and Zephonim have masks, Turelim has those massive gauntlets...Just some variation on those bits, maybe.

    I really just want the Vanguard's customization to be extended to other classes. Many of them have masks or other pieces that could be given variations independent of the rest of the skin. Like say I like the Infiltrator's Mantle skin for Deceiver but don't care for the mask on it.

    I gotta agree that Kine's recolors don't work. Maybe it's the palette but I just can't get Mortal Kombat out of my head. XD

    And on the note of skins: In Soul Reaver, the Zephonim clearly had their symbol branded in flesh. Yet in Nosgoth, it's the Tyrant (evolved) who has that while the Deceiver does not.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 25th Mar 2015 at 19:55.

  5. #80
    Originally Posted by -Konf-
    While I don't see the problem with swapping certain parts of your gear, I completely agree with you that the whole concept of that type of customization has to be worked out in a way where it feels right. The example that you provided is a perfect demonstration of that, I don't want some frankenstein Vampires running around either. Besides, it might not even get implemented like that anyway, it was just a preliminary speculation / thought.

    When it comes to dyes and colouring your gear, I don't mind it overall, but do agree that the colour pallet has to be defined in a way where it doesn't aesthetically ruin the game and doesn't misalign with the overall artistic direction. Look at the re-colours we currently have - they ain't bad at all, right? I wouldn't want to see pink Summoners or orange Alchemists running around, but maybe if the dyes/colouring are implemented - they'll be released as certain "skin recolours", that would be specifically designed within certain boundaries to not ruin the feel of the game.

    Had a giggle
    The skins recolours, in my opinion, aren't good. The only ones that are pretty decent for me, are the hunter daily reward, friend referral sentinel and scout. So I don't want to even think what the models would look like if everyone had a go at tuning their own colours
    If you compared Wood's Witch with the one the matchmaking wars people got, it's pretty obvious. One was a full thoughtout design, while the other is a recolour that just doesn't feel as good as the original.
    I think that the same thing happens for every single design that has been recoloured.


    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    To you, perhaps. :P

    For evolved skins, I never thought mixing them with others like that. Clearly that would be awful. But like...Dumahim and Melchahim have all these armor pieces, Razielim and Zephonim have masks, Turelim has those massive gauntlets...Just some variation on those bits, maybe.

    I really just want the Vanguard's customization to be extended to other classes. Many of them have masks or other pieces that could be given variations independent of the rest of the skin. Like say I like the Infiltrator's Mantle skin for Deceiver but don't care for the mask on it.

    I gotta agree that Kine's recolors don't work. Maybe it's the palette but I just can't get Mortal Kombat out of my head. XD

    And on the note of skins: In Soul Reaver, the Zephonim clearly had their symbol branded in flesh. Yet in Nosgoth, it's the Tyrant (evolved) who has that while the Deceiver does not.
    Haha, there's nothing wrong in disagreeing ! Everything is highly subjective at this point. But I bet that combination wouldn't be your first choice.
    I like your suggestion on the bits of armour...

    I may have been a bit edgy on the first post.
    What I just don't want is the game to look like Soul Calibur character customization if that rings any bell.
    I also really like the work that is brought to these designs and I believe they should be somehow respected ? XD

  6. #81
    Originally Posted by Urizjel
    first of all , i'm not native english speaker so sorry for possible mistakes

    here's my 2 cents how to improve character Customization in Nosgoth
    Atm Appearance customization is Skin based and to be honest is far better then messy TF2 style custom , each skin tells his own story and introduce some lore trivia . But what if everyone select the same skin ? You lose the feel of uniqueness .

    here's the solution. - Skin Customization .
    how it works ? here's an example
    You buy "Brimstone Vest" skin for Alchemist

    This unlocks the advanced adjustment options for this particular skin , now you can choose and buy different belts , gloves , ornaments , color schemes etc , everything of course will fits the art style of particular skin, So your "Brimstone Vest" alchemist will be different from your friend's "Brimstone Vest" alchemist but and everyone will still know that you are using "Brimstone Vest" skin

    win - win situation

    feel free to comment
    THIS GUY'S IDEA SEEMS MANAGEABLE! GREATER CAPITALIZATION OF ABUNDANCE +4

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    169
    I need lots of customization. I want to change many aspects of the model and the color lay out. I feel this should be separate from the skins already released (at the beginning at least). So you'd go to the store and instead of purchasing a skin there'd be a tab that said "Create your character" or something like that and you would mix and match items for various parts of the body, choose gender (maybe), edit color scheme (I think it'd be best if the devs didn't allow the Skittles warband to take root in Nosgoth), and finally purchase your custom skin for a slightly higher price than the other skins. I'd also like to see custom emblems for warbands. There'd need to be a report system in place to prevent anything phallic from getting in though.

  8. #83
    Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    There'd need to be a report system in place to prevent anything phallic from getting in though.
    The game has swords. Swords are phallic. :P

    Purchasable custom skins could be neat but I feel like we'd see a lot of awful designs...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 3rd Apr 2015 at 21:46.

  9. #84
    I personally would like to see a bit more customization. When people say they'd like to change the colour of their armour, people tend to think this means that you get a giant colour wheel and apply what ever colour you want. However I like to think of it in a more controlled way. For instance dyes could be sold in the cash shop and be rare drops in the game. This would allow the developers control over the general colour palette of the outfits (no outrageous pinks, greens ect.) whilst giving players a bit more freedom in the appearance of their characters.

    I like the idea of being able to change certain pieces of armour (e.g. helmet) but I don't think this would work. Simply because armour pieces from different costumes would have to be sold separate and I think that would be too much work for the developers. Plus it could devalue some of the outfits already released. It would be nice to see some clothing pieces as a reward in the future. Perhaps sachets or a form of "cape" like the ones the lieutenants wore (mentioned in a different thread).

  10. #85
    I feel like they shouldn't even have went the "skin" route from the beginning.

  11. #86
    Originally Posted by jakelyadams
    I feel like they shouldn't even have went the "skin" route from the beginning.
    Meaning...?

  12. #87
    I would like to see some light-hearted skins. For example, nurse hats, bunny outfits, Santa Clause skin complete with beard, etc... Perhaps as a seasonal thing. I'd love to see a Santa Clause Vangaurd or a Reaver dressed in a bunny outfit. Bunny outfit for Reaver, in particular, his shadow bomb and choking haze could be changed into easter eggs. It'd be so cute!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    169
    Originally Posted by k9067c4a2xc3
    I would like to see some light-hearted skins. For example, nurse hats, bunny outfits, Santa Clause skin complete with beard, etc... Perhaps as a seasonal thing. I'd love to see a Santa Clause Vangaurd or a Reaver dressed in a bunny outfit. Bunny outfit for Reaver, in particular, his shadow bomb and choking haze could be changed into easter eggs. It'd be so cute!
    As hilarious as that sounds I must now brutally ravage your throat for suggesting it.

  14. #89
    Originally Posted by k9067c4a2xc3
    It'd be so cute!
    So go suggest it for a cute game? :P

    On the other hand, this series isn't exactly a stranger to that sort of silliness. I'll never forget the sight of a cartoon Kain tip-toeing around the Sarafan stronghold with a toilet paper tube to slay his enemies.

    Though rather than skins (because nobody wants to see that nonsense outside the seasonal/holiday period), I'd see this implemented as temporary patches to alter the visual stuff accordingly.

  15. #90
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Meaning...?
    They should have chosen a different model for how characters will change their appearance. Skins are just old news within games like this.

  16. #91
    Originally Posted by jakelyadams
    They should have chosen a different model for how characters will change their appearance. Skins are just old news within games like this.
    Would you prefer hats?

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Tags for this Thread