Thread: Default Cam vs. Steadycam: Thoughts/Opinions?

Default Cam vs. Steadycam: Thoughts/Opinions?

Default Cam vs. Steadycam: Thoughts/Opinions?

Feel free to post anything related to the camera here...

Thoughts, opinions, bugs, etc.

I personally get dizzy in a matter of minutes.

What are your thoughts on the camera?

I get nauseous after running for a while, but I thought this was a neat, physiological, rather than coded way to limit the length of a run.

dont mind the moving or steady i prefer steady but i love the camra effects its amazing

Does the camera help making shoot-outs impressive and intense?

The camera is great and the grainy film effect is very effective at making it feel like a grimey, hard movie. Great game.

Originally Posted by JustGotOWND
    ...disabling the Steadycam selection within the Options menu currently doesn't work.
    Make sure you press the A button to confirm your changes.

Originally Posted by Baz
    Make sure you press the A button to confirm your changes.
    I definitely confirmed it, it stays on Disabled. I just figured it out though: This option DOESN'T apply to sprinting with LB?

The whole 3rd-person grainy interface looks great and provides a completely different feel to gameplay, but the amount of movement in the not-so-steadycam makes me nauseous in minutes.

Blair Witch didn't even make me this sick.

(Edit - Seems to be functioning properly again, appeared to be a bug...)

Originally Posted by JustGotOWND
    I definitely confirmed it, it stays on Disabled. I just figured it out though: This option DOESN'T apply to sprinting with LB?

The whole 3rd-person grainy interface looks great and provides a completely different feel to gameplay, but the amount of movement in the not-so-steadycam makes me nauseous in minutes.

Blair Witch didn't even make me this sick.
    No, it should apply to sprinting with LB. Can't believe i spelled nauseous as noxious.

I got no problem with the camera, but its clearly a case of style over function, as when running into a small cover point I sometimes "missed" it.

I keep the camera bob on anyway, the games presentation style is its only really original feature (besides multiplayer modes)

I love the camera, as it is, moving constantly - even in cutscenes and when in aim mode.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

11. Dont concentrate too much on it, i absoloutely love it, its brillant.
    signature image

i was fine with it at sp but i got dizzy at mp with it
    signature image

I think it is perfect. It limits the running and looks pretty sick.

14. Better than a lot of other "run" cams, I think. Default Cam is amazing and does a fantastic job of giving a more raw experience.

Nice to know the camera does not get in the way. Just a question, when you turn camera bobbing off, does it take away the camera bobbing in cutscene's in the main campaign? As i noticed in the takeaway shootout, when a explosion goes off the camera goes *** crazy and you can not see much except Kane and Lynch doing a little roll of a table.

I love the camera, I think these needs to be on more games; I don't mean pushed as hard as on DogDays, but the overall feeling...it feels so more real than anything I've ever played, now looking back at the other games they feel so flat, like playing with dolls.

Also love the pixellation thingy, now whene you get an headshot you know it instantly as it gets all covered up, makes me proud when I get one.

The only complaint I have with it is that when you go into a dark area it can get real hard to see.