Page 7 of 9 First First ... 3456789 Last

Thread: K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Yeah but why did you use the word "remove" doesn't that sound like IO removed the handheld camera instead of giving the option of to turn it on or off?

    I'm just so confused right now, lol

  2. #152

    Rolleyes

    I remember reading a interview where they said the whole shaky thing was not present in any online mode at all , and they purposely made it so because they thought the player is already under too much 'stress' with traitors and such , so it was all intense enough that the screen moving all over the place was not needed ...
    But if now you say that there's still a option to turn it off and on , well ...

    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Oh okay, that makes sense.
    Yeah maybe it was their plans before but it was defiantly in the demo.
    We'll see how it is in the actual game.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Yeah, everything gets reset.

    Trust me I had same problem. Had to adjust things all the time but I usually played it for few hours a day and leave it till next day.

  5. #155

    Question

    There's a Save Game ? ...

    Hmmm ... does it keep track of your Fragile Alliance record ? for the final game maybe ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  6. #156
    I'm being nitpicky here, but... Why are there no red footprints when you walk through a lobotomized enemy's pool of blood?
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Being brutally honest slightly dissapointed with the demo I loved the first one.

    I hate the fact that a supposedly ultra violent game has no blood
    I hate the fact everytime you hit someone those stupid X's come up
    I hate the lack of different animations when you shoot people and go to cover
    I hate the fact when you even get shot once pointless blood is all over the screen so you cant see anything the blood should be coming out of the guys you are shooting!


  8. #158
    Originally Posted by zAnO-
    I hate the fact that a supposedly ultra violent game has no blood
    Are you blind? There's blood a-plenty, just not in bright red geysers. This is not a comical gorefest, mind you.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    Are you blind? There's blood a-plenty, just not in bright red geysers. This is not a comical gorefest, mind you.
    I guess I am

    I couldn't see even a red mark on any of the guys I was shooting

  10. #160
    Look closer. The blood is darker and not as prominent as in the predecessor or the Hitman games, but it is there in spades. Also, large pools of blood only appear after a headshot. Body shots only leave small splashes in the environment.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  11. #161

    Arrow

    I seriously don't understand this whole mention of the 'shaky camera' ...

    No , not talking about the camera style itself , but rather those who talk about it ...

    I mean it all looks pretty normal to me , it's not like something we never saw before in our entire existence ... is it ? ...

    What i (slightly) didn't liked is the change of controls , specifically the aim and shoot button is different than the one in Dead Men , maybe there is a second control layout in the final game though ...

    On the positive side , Down but not Dead mode feels marvelous , it just feels marvelous crawling away and shooting off that shotgun with the red blood still stained on your screen , you then understands Why there's the X marker , without it you wouldn't even know if you hit the enemy or not with blood covering your sight , but it's still dramatically marvelous ...
    I've seen enemies go down in Down but not Dead mode a few times too , but they don't seem to shoot when they're down , or even move , they just stay there ... is it normal ? ...

    A bit surprised by the change of a few rules for Fragile Alliance , namely the fact that traitors won't respawn , and cops can only keep the loot if they survive the round ...
    Also , there's a few options concerning how to look at ID tags , could be interesting ...

    By the way i'm curious , the aim sensitivity i put it on maximum 100 , how much you guys put it on ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  12. #162
    Downloaded off of the UK store today... great demo, confirmed my desire for the game, however, I've heard that PS3 demo is a lot shorter than the exclusive 360 demo. This true? Why is this? The SP demo is pretty damned short, that's for sure. Ends very abruptly.

  13. #163
    It's simply because this is NOT the exclusive demo but the public one. The public 360 demo wiull be the same. They also stripped the Arcade mode.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  14. #164
    Now to something I didn't like:

    The hostage feature feels quite... well, half-baked. First: You can only take enemies hostage. Why not civilians? They're perfect meat shields and often come in very convenient when you are up to several policemen with no serviceable cover at hand. Sure, they have no handgun to disarm, so you cannot have them at gunpoint with a pistol, if you don't own one yourself.

    Also, the "throw" function is plain bull. All you do is kick the hostage to the ground, where it dies instantly, so there's no practical difference to executing by gun. The whole purpose of the throw move should be shoving the hostage away (preferrably through closed doors) and have it stumble into enemy fire. Dead Rising did it.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  15. #165
    Can I still download the Exclusive demo? I finally got a hard drive day before yesterday, I can save it and stuff... anymore Exclusive codes kicking around?

  16. #166
    1.There are alot of thing's that need fixing like the sniper rifle, if it that way because the art style then there should be an option for a sniper HUD, slightly deeper zoom to the point were you can't see your player and you know looking down the scope like any other game.

    2.They mine as well have made custom characters because the only argument for not having it was that people silly, if someone want to look like a clown let them look like a clown I don't care. I'll ad met that I liked the idea 8 explodesive different going at it, but they don't even say different things the voice acter reads the scripted word for word, so they mine as well just let you make your own, still great game thought.

  17. #167
    Yeah, the sniper rifle should have a scope, I agree.

    EDIT: That's what makes it a "Sniper Rifle".
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  18. #168
    Also I like the fact that they put mask on in this game. for the people don't like the idea custom characters because it let people look silly, then you might not like some of these mask.

  19. #169
    Originally Posted by Icedog
    Also I like the fact that they put mask on in this game. for the people don't like the idea custom characters because it let people look silly, then you might not like some of these mask.
    Keep in mind, that doing a bank robbery,stealing money in an underground train station,or what ever....looking like a clown, or a huge dolphin,or otherwise stupid thing ,would get you shot, and stopped even before you started...

    The masks, are fine, but i dont know much about it, but putting on a mask during a bank host, seems logical - at least when it starts, and until you get away...

    (the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-) )

    my plan:
    Just include more player models down the road, so you get chosen random among 20+ characters with voices, and of couse more maps for acade/online play.

  20. #170
    Originally Posted by petersjov
    the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-)
    The one cool feature in the Army of Zwei pseudo-sequel was the online mask editor. There should be more games out there that allow for user-generated content via PC, but unfortunately this only works with games that have a proprietary online service, like EA games.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  21. #171
    Alright, here comes another complaint: There's too much scripted stuff going on that can't be influenced in any way. Out on the streets there are people doing all sort of stuff, like entering a car, driving away on a scooter, but you only can interact with people that are actually doing nothing (besides idly standing or walking around). I wanted to shoot a fleeing dude off his scooter - the bullets went right through him. When I blow up the propane tanks in the kitchen, there's always a wounded policeman staggering from the debris, even if I killed all human life in the whole area before. Can't shoot that dude, either.

    All in all, relying so much on non-interactive scripts reeks of poor and dated design. I really hope there won't be too many moments in the final game where those flaws become too obvious.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  22. #172
    Originally Posted by petersjov
    Keep in mind, that doing a bank robbery,stealing money in an underground train station,or what ever....looking like a clown, or a huge dolphin,or otherwise stupid thing ,would get you shot, and stopped even before you started...

    The masks, are fine, but i dont know much about it, but putting on a mask during a bank host, seems logical - at least when it starts, and until you get away...

    (the masksalmost seems too AO2 to me, but im sure its great ;-) )

    my plan:
    Just include more player models down the road, so you get chosen random among 20+ characters with voices, and of couse more maps for acade/online play.
    Now your just being ridiculous a mother *** dolphin suit that would be crazy that would be great, but for real the joker had no problem with winning that fragile alliance heist in The Dark Knight. but that's not the kind of customization I'm talking about I'm talking about being able to buy jackets and jeans sweats etc skin tone and face scan, but non of that matters any more.
    I'm focusing on thing that need fixing and or maybe just some add to like that sniper rifle scope I want to hear what people think about that.

  23. #173
    Yeahh Mr. Icedog ;-) ,but i dont care much for it, ifmy jacket is brown, or blue...

    Anyway, the facescan could have been great ;-)

  24. #174
    Again, about the human shield feature: Why the hell can I take hostages through walls, but not around corners? I know this is not Uncharted 2, but the hostage feature should really have a bit more consistency. On several occasions I found myself in a situation where I hugged the wall for cover and an enemy did the same just a few feet away from me, 'round the next corner. While I wouldn't hit him without revealing myself, he could easily kill me with blindfire and in order to grab him, I also had to leave cover. Why is there no context-sensitive grab move? The game is so fluid in most concerns, why mar it with such unneccesary flaws?
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

  25. #175
    Originally Posted by TAPETRVE
    I wanted to shoot a fleeing dude off his scooter - the bullets went right through him.
    A'ight, have to qualify my statement - "Pedestrian props" do bleed and slighty twitch when you shoot them. However, they won't stop in whatever animation they are just executing. You can't shoot someone off his bike unless you are meant to.
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Page 7 of 9 First First ... 3456789 Last