Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

I played it today for hours and hours. Few Undercover Cop modes, few Cops & Robbers and whole lot of Fragile Alliance. I'm really enjoying the those changes that were made. I'm very impressed with it and can't wait till the game comes out.

-Gun selection
    -Improved enemy A.I
    -Shaky-camera style and filters
    -Level design is more interesting
    -The fact that you have use the back door to get into the van
    -Timer set to four minutes, it makes the whole game fast paced the way it should be

DISLIKES
    -Rank system to unlock the better guns (better players will have more advantage?)

Really don't like magic pockets for the weapons in my shooters, thought carrying them became standard this generation... only Lynch's default shotgun works (maybe pistols too, didn't check).

It's annoying how in the demo I can't search for a game with my friends. I can't get a real opinion

I think it's better that way. Stops boosting.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Not necessarily , all you have to do is keep playing , which also means that even those who can play the game for jack Will sooner or later have the better weapons , especially those who play it for six months straight ...

It's even worst ...
    Well, I have my good days and I have my bad days so I'm defiantly not going to get the RANK #1 shotgun lol

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    I'll try to get you the names of those guys.
    Yay we are one step closer!

The only thing I have a problem with is some player wont die. Ever. They take a clip point blank and go down, then I switch to my SMG and spray em up... and somehow I end up dead. This being said I must wonder, can you "headshot" human players?

Yes you can head shot a human player...with a shotgun at close range I do that all the time.

perfect like playing a movie FA IS ALL I PLAY i get a game quick and its fun as

Originally Posted by zephyr1991
    Yay we are one step closer!

The only thing I have a problem with is some player wont die. Ever. They take a clip point blank and go down, then I switch to my SMG and spray em up... and somehow I end up dead. This being said I must wonder, can you "headshot" human players?
    Pretty much you just suck, the games new i realize buts its no complaint

Originally Posted by UhUh
    Wanted to add that on single, Kane holds his own, in the dialog he's the one who makes the calls and sometimes even mokes Lynch; also I there isn't the old cure mechanic, sometimes he gets downed, but I think he's immortal.

About the multiplayer, I think that people needs to get used to it, most of the times they betray too soon resoulting in their demise; about the health, sometimes it seems too much, as firefights can go on for long, but also a well placed shot to the head can kill almost instantly.

edit: wanted to point out for those who cares, there's the name of the artist for the chinese songs in the credits, I tried to write them down, but I can barely read the small font.
    Its part of the game
    Alot of people get betrayed earlie

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    I played it today for hours and hours. Few Undercover Cop modes, few Cops & Robbers and whole lot of Fragile Alliance. I'm really enjoying the those changes that were made. I'm very impressed with it and can't wait till the game comes out.

-Gun selection
    -Improved enemy A.I
    -Shaky-camera style and filters
    -Level design is more interesting
    -The fact that you have use the back door to get into the van
    -Timer set to four minutes, it makes the whole game fast paced the way it should be

DISLIKES
    -Rank system to unlock the better guns (better players will have more advantage?)
    the guns arent really over powered in this game its more realistic pretty much a guns a gun in this game witch i like

Originally Posted by OrochiLeona
    Just a few thoughts.
    Really really into the presentation, look, atmosphere and "feel" of the game.

Enemy AI is dumb, game is essentially a ultra basic third person shooter.
    Kudos for improving the cover system, its much better but it could use a running slide, ala Splinter Cell conviction or Red Dead.
    Character voice volume often inappropriate, shouting at each other when standing face to face or whispering from opposite sides of the map, but I guess thats just the volume the script was recorded at.

Multiplayer modes are very cool, especially when people are "playing them properly" as it were.

Huge strides from the first game, but other than presentation and visual style, it's not a step into any new territories for this type of game.
    But I'll be buying it, I'm into the character and love the games grindhouse look from intro to menus to loading screens. Multiplayer is great.

I managed to complete an undercover cop mission as the cop.
    Me > Tim Roth.
    are you really complainng about some charaters voice yelling
    every one is so damn picky and winey on this forum

Nah , you mean you hope the developers don't read Your posts in this forum ...
    NOPE i hope they dont read all these little baby's complaining

Originally Posted by One of Seven
    This game is BADASS. Everything from the sound, scenery, gameplay, and so on is amazing to me, and IOIDEV6 got punked!
    FYI - IOIDEV006 was Kim Krogh, the designer of the multiplayer experience. Not a bad kill there, champ

To those complaining about the AI...just play it in hard.
    If anybody wanted to know how the hostage situation works: basically when near someone, you get "press b to take as hostage" then if you're the one taken, you have to mash on the right button that appears on the screen till you get free, if you do it right you find yourself down on the ground.

Yeah, it's fun now whenever somebody gets too close I'm alway thinking if this guy want to betray.

Oh, since nobody said nothing about the arcade mode...well it's fun the first rounds are very easy and you can get away doing the traitor thing, but in as you go on things get more interesting as both your team and police gets smarter and you have to keep on with them.

These could be a fun thing to do on FA as well, since we have to play 3 rounds, if the difficoulty increased every round would be awesome.

Question

So which do you prefer , Arcade Mode or Fragile Alliance ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

FA, playing with others has always that random thing happening that makes it worthwhile.

Rolleyes

Just as i though , Arcade Mode is more predictable than Fragile Alliance , shame , because bots could have been a lot more unpredictable ...

Just as i though , Arcade Mode is more predictable than Fragile Alliance , shame , because bots could have been a lot more unpredictable ...
    In the interviews they say it's more like a learning tool than anything else, so that's probably why.
    But I like it, it's like a survival mode, just go untill you can't get anymore.

The game was great, except for the issue of the multiplayer "Host closed the game session" thing. That kinda sucked.
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

There's a lot to say but I'm keeping it to the point for the devs to read. Just the good & the bad.

* The good (in general)
    - menu layout is easy to navigate, nothing is confusing.
    - game runs smoothly
    - fun & challenging
    - hurray for the extreme difficulty option!
    - guns feel good.
    - upgrade system (mp) is easy.
    - visual style works fine for me

* The bad (in general)
    - no online or splitscreen co-op for the story in this demo
    - mp matches end once the host quits. Would be nice to see a host migration...
    - not sure about the frequent 'buffering'-ring, personally I would've expected something ├*-la Soldier of Fortune (a gun magazine would fill up with bullets to simulate a loading bar) but frankly, it is of no importance.

ARCADE MODE
    The good: perfect to get some practice before going online
    The bad: impossible to skip the introduction every time I start an Arcade game... I know what I'm supposed to do.

EDIT: random note: it's a shame online/splitscreen co-op isn't a part of the Arcade mode experience.

random note II: just a little hint for those of you who would like to try out weapons that can't be bought in the demo: become a traitor in Arcade Mode Your dead mates will leave some sweet weaponry behind for you to try out...

UNDERCOVER COP:
    The Good: the level of extreme paranoia is what makes UC work. Hardest mp mode.
    The Bad: minimum 8 players to start match? UC could work with four...

random note: it took a while to find a match but when I did I was happy to see "SquareEnixUK" in my lobby. Anyways, when the first round started, it didn't take me too long to recognize the UC, so I killed him (he was also Belgian, by the way )... The UC after this round was really good (Sir Knight something), I didn't know it was him until he killed the last two remaining mercs (me and some other dude). Being the UC definitely requires some skill.

COPS & ROBBERS:
    The Good: Infinite respawns!
    The Bad: minimum 8 players before we can start? C&R could work with 6.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST of the demo: the thrill of it all. Plain & simple.
    THE ABSOLUTE WORST of the demo: unfortunately is something that can't be fixed... It's the voice acting of the characters while loading a mp game. Sorry to say but I cringed...
    What hopefully can be fixed, however, are the 'minimum 8 players'-issue for UC & C&R.

CONCLUSION: 2010 is a pretty decent year for gaming and so far, based on what I've played here, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days just got my nomination for GOTY because of its unique style, challenging difficulty and, above all, fun gameplay. Well done. *applauds while standing*

Two final notes
    - a funny one: allow me to quote my mum when she saw what I was playing. "Wha....? NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE TV?! DID YOU BREAK IT?! DID YOU?!"
    - a releiving one: one can outrun the dogs. Dog Man is happy.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    you dont belong on kane and lynch you complain about the dumbest e
    seriously complaining about a charater yelling i hope the devs dont read these FORUMS
    Lulz.
    I wrote what I honestly thought of the demo because that's the point of this thread. And most of what I said was positive.
    Why waste your own time having a go at everybodys criticisms.
    Youre way too angry to take seriously

Another plus point, loving all the menu screens, they're very atmospheric.

If your recent post is missing, it's because it was off-topic and got shredded. Have a nice day.

Multi Player Fragile Alliance: Ok I have givin it sum play and to be very honest i like the game but sum things kinda bug me...i think the dot for you to aim should be added other wise seems like ur shootin all over the place wasn't a fan of the get back up thing but it is kinda cool shootin from the ground the AI wit the cops and surrondings is great they don't just do same thing over and over, like the explosion tactics but granades seem to be more realistic true to old Kain and Lynch still can't figure how to win or loose lol in fragile alliance but gameplay seems pretty smooth,also think that the van takes way to many bullets to blow hope you guys fix the massive recoil on the guns, over all the multi player is excellent wit room for improvements. please don't get caught up wit combining elements similair to games like call of duty Kain & Lynch is not that, it's a game of heist and wits. I'd like to thank Eidos for giving me a chance to play the demo and hopefully when finished product comes out it will be even more impressive, i plan to play each part and give constructive imput on each segment...enjoy it now gamers once i figure this thing out it's back to bizzness
    "Strength and Honor"

To the many gamers of Rome... i will not lie nor let you down i will be true to the game and give you a real overveiw thus far we shall rule again from the UK to US to China this one so far seems to be a must get sorry if you didnt get the demo but when i play i play for all of us..."loyalty is the key, the money is easy for me in the game Kain & Lynch" Push A ......if you would like Push A ringtone dedicated to Kain&Lynch text 5031262 to 69937 it is free and shall remain until game comes out in Aug
    "Strength and Honor"

Arcade pointless bots, I don't think so!! not so fast!

I disagree I have played arcade for a few hour this morning.

It's not as simple as it seems.

The AI will betray you and it seems dependent on what you did on previous rounds.

First off I thought the first round and second round are easy however the third is easy if you didn't double cross in the second

I killed a few people and took the cash in the second and did a 50:50 split with the driver thus ending the round.

In the third I almost immediately got shoot early in the third round by ai Bot of course he came up as a traitor and I shoot him but not before another guy tried to kill me. i keep my head down for a while before cautionously making my way back to the pack. I started pulling my weight and made it to the end of round three.

Round 4 and 5 If you are a nut case you will shoot your team mates and suffer even the AI turns against its own. and the cops just kill your other squad mates leaving you by yourself.

In round 5 I tried to work with everyone but the cops are so tough blowing holes in the bots.

I havent made it any higher than round 5.

In essence they start to betray in rounds 3-4 and 5 is way hard without bot support.

I suppose if you are squeaky clean through the rounds the probability of the AI turning is lower. even though arcade doesn't display your loyalty like in multiplayer I do beliive backstabbing in early rounds of 1-2 will give you greater number of traitors in the later in round 3-4.

In this respect I think the trust gap between rounds 2-4 need brought in a bit tighter and the cops in rounds 4-5 are fiendish. and may require a softining for round 5. as there is little chance of escape.

NOTE at the end of round 2 an additional gun is opened up in the assult rifle wether that was due to the fact I shot 3 people took the cash and abandoned the rest them so I ranked up I am unsure.

cheers
    monkie

Question

But then if you hadn't betrayed any of the bots in the first place , and if you all work together as a team , they wouldn't think of betraying you , would they ? ...

Originally Posted by RomeCaeser
    Multi Player Fragile Alliance: Ok I have givin it sum play and to be very honest i like the game but sum things kinda bug me...i think the dot for you to aim should be added other wise seems like ur shootin all over the place wasn't a fan of the get back up thing but it is kinda cool shootin from the ground the AI wit the cops and surrondings is great they don't just do same thing over and over, like the explosion tactics but granades seem to be more realistic true to old Kain and Lynch still can't figure how to win or loose lol in fragile alliance but gameplay seems pretty smooth,also think that the van takes way to many bullets to blow hope you guys fix the massive recoil on the guns, over all the multi player is excellent wit room for improvements. please don't get caught up wit combining elements similair to games like call of duty Kain & Lynch is not that, it's a game of heist and wits. I'd like to thank Eidos for giving me a chance to play the demo and hopefully when finished product comes out it will be even more impressive, i plan to play each part and give constructive imput on each segment...enjoy it now gamers once i figure this thing out it's back to bizzness

Anyway I like as it is is , about the dot/crosshair, so you can't easly shoot without the ironsight.

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last